Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing bye bye Ashley Ashley Barnes...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's getting to the stage were it would be quite funny, if he wasn't playing for us. Slicing the ball into the West Stand, slicing it into the North Stand, missing a tap in from four yards with the keeper stranded on the deck, swinging his foot and not even making contact apart from it hitting his standing foot. Seriously the guy is shite, if most people turned in a performance like that in the workplace, they would be heading down the road a bit quick.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Completely agree. Undefendable as he well knows.
off course [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] won't answer the question. because he is incapable of it. He's a typical forum waste of space, who is not capable of entering a proper debate, just aggressivly posts one line posts of pure drivel.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's getting to the stage were it would be quite funny, if he wasn't playing for us. Slicing the ball into the West Stand, slicing it into the North Stand, missing a tap in from four yards with the keeper stranded on the deck, swinging his foot and not even making contact apart from it hitting his standing foot. Seriously the guy is shite, if most people turned in a performance like that in the workplace, they would be heading down the road a bit quick.
Hahaha Oh yer forgot that slice into the west. To be fair though, he was being closed down by their defender.... from 20 yards away.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
off course [MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] won't answer the question. because he is incapable of it. He's a typical forum waste of space, who is not capable of entering a proper debate, just aggressivly posts one line posts of pure drivel.

thats rich coming from you who seems to have a problem with verbal bullshit

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

FWIW I've always agreed with your stance on Barnes despite how unpopular it was at one point. He occasionally scores goals (especially in our promotion season) which blinkers people as to how many chances he misses. He is an average league 1 player being provided several chances (which he usually messes up) by a quality midfield which is incredibly frustrating when we have a proven championship striker, Dobbie sitting on the bench.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
thats rich coming from you who seems to have a problem with verbal bullshit
Well, since once again FOR THE FOURTH TIME you have refused to answer my question, I will just put you in the "Complete Twat" category. Your not worth the wear on my keyboard bothering to debate with you. Keep going, because you must be making Ashley embarrased with your posts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Jamie. Jamie. You keep replying. But you have nothing to say.

As you feel the need to keep quoting me, I will ask you directly for the THIRD time.

Name me one player who missed an easier chance than a penatly, an open goal when the keeper was laying on the floor, and being clean through and slicing it into the crowd with his weak foot, when he had all the time in the world.
Yes, other missed chances. But go on. Name one chance easier than the three I have mentioned for you?

Go on, you try and get into a debate, so try and answer a quote that was made in direct response to one of your posts, and I and others on here might take you seriously, and not just an apologist who will not have anything negative said about anything blue and white.

Go on. Try and enter a debate as answer a point that has now been asked of you THREE TIMES!!

its hard to keep up with the number of posts you churn out over the same subject i thought i had answered it ..but just for you cms header was a clear opportunity and so was orlandi's clear chance in the 2nd half ..its not really a debate with you though is it..you just grind on remoresly with the same old tripe

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, since once again FOR THE FOURTH TIME you have refused to answer my question, I will just put you in the "Complete Twat" category. Your not worth the wear on my keyboard bothering to debate with you. Keep going, because you must be making Ashley embarrased with your posts.

haha i filed you under nobhead longtime ago

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
FWIW I've always agreed with your stance on Barnes despite how unpopular it was at one point. He occasionally scores goals (especially in our promotion season) which blinkers people as to how many chances he misses. He is an average league 1 player being provided several chances by a quality midfield which is incredibly frustrating when we have proven championship striker like Dobbie sitting on the bench.
That was my point from day one. In the championship winning season, he wasted just as many chances as he does now, but he got away with it, because we generally won games at a canter.

If Bolton hadn't scored with the last kick of the game, I'd dare say Barnes wouldn't have been mentioned tonight outside the Player ratings thread. But his (at least) three glaring misses today, more people are starting to wake up to the fact he simply is not good enough.

People like that silly little boy Jamie, love posting there "witty" one line put downs, but they never answer any serious point.

Just like the one I made earlier....

Seriously, anyone who thinks Barnes, belongs in the same squad let alone team as the likes of Kusczazak, Bridge, Bruno, Bridcutt, Buckley, CMS, Dobbie, Hoskins, really need to have a serious word with themselves.

Does any honestly see Barnes on the same level or even close to a level of player, as any of that lot?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
its hard to keep up with the number of posts you churn out over the same subject i thought i had answered it . but just for you cms header was a clear opportunity and so was orlandi's clear chance in the 2nd half ..its not really a debate with you though is it..you just grind on remoresly with the same old tripe
Not as clear cut as all of Barnes good opportunities. Which you know in all honesty.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Other than the penalty rebound what were the other sitters?
Pretty crass thread, this. Weird way of supporting.

The one that he air shot was.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
No amount of words can excuse that performance!! Wake up Gus!! He is the nothing but a lazy selfish player who would struggle to get into the Crawley town 1st team! (No offence intended to Crawley supporters) he has to go!! Bin him in January and sign someone like jermaine beckford who would compliment MCS...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
its hard to keep up with the number of posts you churn out over the same subject i thought i had answered it ..but just for you cms header was a clear opportunity and so was orlandi's clear chance in the 2nd half ..its not really a debate with you though is it..you just grind on remoresly with the same old tripe
Say it all.

Case closed.

If you think CMS and Orlandis chances were easier than a penatly and a rebound where the goal was open and the keeper laying on the floor................ than I rest my case. :nono:

As I said.

Grown ups trying to have a conversation. Don't try and join in with something you don't understand.

There's a good lad. :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His first touch today was a simple pass sideways to Painter, which was directed the wrong way meaning Painter received a hospital ball, duly clattered he got a freekick. From then on he got worse. I don't like him as a player anyway but today he made Tiltman look World class.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That was my point from day one. In the championship winning season, he wasted just as many chances as he does now, but he got away with it, because we generally won games at a canter.

If Bolton hadn't scored with the last kick of the game, I'd dare say Barnes wouldn't have been mentioned tonight outside the Player ratings thread. But his (at least) three glaring misses today, more people are starting to wake up to the fact he simply is not good enough.

People like that silly little boy Jamie, love posting there "witty" one line put downs, but they never answer any serious point.

Just like the one I made earlier....

Seriously, anyone who thinks Barnes, belongs in the same squad let alone team as the likes of Kusczazak, Bridge, Bruno, Bridcutt, Buckley, CMS, Dobbie, Hoskins, really need to have a serious word with themselves.

Does any honestly see Barnes on the same level or even close to a level of player, as any of that lot?

Exactly. That's the issue. I seriously think this is one of the best midfield's we have had for a long time. (In the promotion season to be fair he had Bennett supplying hat fulls of chances) but it seems like such a waste when Barnes is wasting great chances when we have some great strikers on the bench.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Didn't have a good game but you won't see Dobbie heading away free-kicks inside his own box or Hoskins covering the left back every time we lose possession. So until we have another player who does that or Gus changes his tactics radically, he's the best we've got. I'd rather encourage him than slate him personally. There's more to his role than goals.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
With or with out Cms as partner? because it just won't happen- in a 4-1-2-2-1
I wouldn't mind if we tried to play a more attacking formation at home. 3-4-2 13-7..13 goals in nine games isn't great, but when you consider that eight of them came in just two of the games, it's disappointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here