Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing bye bye Ashley Ashley Barnes...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You will notice, teh same people that support blindly support Ashley Barnes, will also not have a negative word said about anything Brighton & Hove Albion.

If NSC was around in the dark days of Belltwati and Archer, they probably wouldn't have had a bad word said against those clowns either.

Seriously, anyone who thinks Barnes, belongs in the same squad let alone team as the likes of Kusczazak, Bridge, Bruno, Bridcutt, Buckley, CMS, Dobbie, Hoskins, really need to have a serious word with themselves.

Also noticed that some people spend 99% of there time moaning...and that if people then decide to offer the opposite view they are then described as you state...it seems that you think people should merely accept the negative come what may.....you lose your argument completely re Bell/Arch...you could have said what u liked about those pricks

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Christ has Ashley Barnes signed up a load of his family and friends to post on here. No matter how utterly FAECES he is people still support him. HOW can Dobbie have been dropped for him? Barnes plays the most useless role I have ever seen an Albion player in all my life. Yes he tracks back and defends but for christ sake when he get on the ball in those wide areas what an utter waste of space he is. Im totally sick of people trying to justify this "total football" role he plays. I for one just do not see what on earth he does in that position. We are in the CHAMPIONSHIP!! It isnt really that much at this level to ask another player to track back, keep the ball moving.. play it SIMPLE like Barnes supposedly does.

The lad is a STRIKER. When he scores he is in a central position. There is absolutely no need for him to be in that position and when you have Dobbie, Lopez on the bench and Lua Lua not even in the squad sometimes it is a joke. I try occasionally to stick up for him but for god sake he was utterly woeful today. And why people feel the need to compare him to CMS, our top goalscorer I have no idea. All this and he decides to pick the ball up and take a penalty. For god sake drop him.

spot on! How Anyone can say Barnes offers anything in the postion he plays amazes me.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Do people deserve to be dropped after one bad performance now? Let's hope Tomasz never has a shocker then :thumbsup:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yes. Because regardless of how anyone viewed his performance today he can, and does, play well for us, contributing something most games either defensively, attacking, or just structurally, and I think anyone who writes off a player before the game has even started is clearly exhibiting a vendetta against said player rather than supporting a team.

If he performs badly when the game has kicked off, that's another matter.

generally missed chances!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just a question to the ones that like Barnes,will you be happy when the team is announced Tuesday when Barnes name is read out in the starting line up.
honest question and honest answer please.
Honest answer:
First thing I want to know is that Bridge is back (and no offence to Marcus who's done great). If he's not in the team, it's not because we have someone better, it's because he's injured.
If Barnes is in the team, it's because Gus wants to play a certain style and no one has done better in training etc to take his place. Barnes had a poor game today, and we still should have won by 2 or 3 clear goals, so it's not like having him in the team is going to ruin it for us.

In Gus I trust.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Like a broken record you are. 1 question - why arent you that active/posting much when Barnes plays well ?
1 Answer. I do. I thought Barnes had a great game against Barnsley earlier in the season, and said it. Many thought my account had been hacked, but credit where credit was due.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Also noticed that some people spend 99% of there time moaning...and that if people then decide to offer the opposite view they are then described as you state...it seems that you think people should merely accept the negative come what may.....you lose your argument completely re Bell/Arch...you could have said what u liked about those pricks
Jamie. Jamie. You keep replying. But you have nothing to say.

As you feel the need to keep quoting me, I will ask you directly for the THIRD time.

Name me one player who missed an easier chance than a penatly, an open goal when the keeper was laying on the floor, and being clean through and slicing it into the crowd with his weak foot, when he had all the time in the world.
Yes, other missed chances. But go on. Name one chance easier than the three I have mentioned for you?

Go on, you try and get into a debate, so try and answer a quote that was made in direct response to one of your posts, and I and others on here might take you seriously, and not just an apologist who will not have anything negative said about anything blue and white.

Go on. Try and enter a debate as answer a point that has now been asked of you THREE TIMES!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like Barnes but he should (i would have dropped him after that miss from the spot at Leicester) just to kick him up the ar's so to speak- wasted 2 chances from the spot today in reality

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
yes i do.

Ok, heres one for you - Thought Painter today was a very able replecment for the missing Bridge - Well played Marcos!!

Out of interest, do you think Painter would have done as well without Barnes & with Dobbie in instead?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yep. I think Hoskins or Dobbie should start on Tuesday.

With or with out Cms as partner? because it just won't happen- in a 4-1-2-2-1

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Jamie. Jamie. You keep replying. But you have nothing to say.

As you feel the need to keep quoting me, I will ask you directly for the THIRD time.

Name me one player who missed an easier chance than a penatly, an open goal when the keeper was laying on the floor, and being clean through and slicing it into the crowd with his weak foot, when he had all the time in the world.
Yes, other missed chances. But go on. Name one chance easier than the three I have mentioned for you?

Go on, you try and get into a debate, so try and answer a quote that was made in direct response to one of your posts, and I and others on here might take you seriously, and not just an apologist who will not have anything negative said about anything blue and white.

Go on. Try and enter a debate as answer a point that has now been asked of you THREE TIMES!!
Completely agree. Undefendable as he well knows.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thank you Lamie!!

Im glad we have a game so quickly after that dismal ending. A win tuesday and i reckon this will be forgotten pretty quick.

Agree with most posters though, Barnes needs to be dropped!!! I simply just dont get it!! IMO of course.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Out of interest, do you think Painter would have done as well without Barnes & with Dobbie in instead?

I think thats a question that cannot be answered easily. If dobbie plays he would have to play a more central role for me so its not a question i can answer with any degree of certainty.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
To be honest Barnes is just about an average league 1 player, why Gus insists on starting with him time and time again is beyond me, today's performance from him was an absolute joke, on the plus side Gus stated in his post match interview that Barnes will never take another penalty, thank f*** for that cos that penalty was pathetic, please start Dobbie on tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here