Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing bye bye Ashley Ashley Barnes...

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Let's not vilify him, even though he's not performing well. He's still a Brighton player and its incredibly unfair that he should have to hear some of the vitriol directed at him at games.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He shouldn't play in the starting 11 for the rest of the season. I appreciate he was providing cover for Painter today but once Bridgey is back Hoskins/Dobbie should definitely start ahead of him. Hoskins looked more dangerous in 3 minutes than Barnes did in the whole 90. And Barnes was provided with several good chances.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He shouldn't play in the starting 11 for the rest of the season. I appreciate he was providing cover for Painter today but once Bridgey is back Hoskins/Dobbie should definitely start ahead of him. Hoskins looked more dangerous in 3 minutes than Barnes did in the whole 90. And Barnes was provided with several good chances.

So a bad game deserves a drop for the rest of the season ? Some people on here......

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Why the thread singling out one player! He didn't have a great game but CMS was just pointless today!

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
if only,just about had a gutfull of the bloke.god knows what dobbie and hoskins must think sitting there watching him.

Totally agree and so do all around where we sit, I just dont get what Gus sees????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barnes had to play as support for Painter on the left. When Bridge comes back as LB we'll see Barnes on the bench or not even in the matchday squad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought CMS was just as bad. Shame, because Orlandi was on fire. Best player at the club in my eyes.

The reaction to each of them having a bad touch is still poles apart. CMS was poor today.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Must admit he was poor today. We should have been out of sight and unfortunately Barnes missed at least 3 clear chances. The follow up on the pen was even easier!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
So, someone states "Let's not vilify him, even though he's not performing well. He's still a Brighton player and its incredibly unfair that he should have to hear some of the vitriol directed at him at games"

How you can post this? It's obvious that a lot of people are getting rightly pissed off with Barnes and I am going to be hugely disappointed if he starts on Tuesday.

Singing bye, bye Ashley Barnes!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here