Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful Tweet from "Comedy" Steve

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Binfest of the year award for this thread.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ouch. It was actually the day it died not years after. The Horse and the wonderful races and magnificent beast it was , was very personal to me and I was sad the day it died but it did not stop everyone ripping the piss out of me. This shows you maybe don't empathise very well with people. Some people care about Animals and it is shame the fact you cannot relate to that. I will also be devastated the day that my Dog dies but I guess that makes me a loser.

Like I said before - stumpy tim is a massive hypocrite

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
really ridiculous thread, pretty lame joke, but it's about WEATHER ffs!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i wonder how this would go down if we had just beaten pakistan or bangladesh and similar had occured.

i doubt the comment would have been made in the first place,we all know when it comes to sport the English and Aussies are extremely "competetive",however under the current (no pun intended) circumstances , numerous deaths and millions of dollars worth of damage , this comment(can't reall call it a joke can you)is rather ill conceived............imho.

Dec 24, 2010
Can I just say I brought Steve's DVD after watching him at the Komedia recently and it's well worth checking out, even if you are treated to occasional close-ups of our very own Simon Sissling sitting in the crowd

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it extremely difficult to get offended by jokes. Any jokes. I'd file this one under "moderately amusing" I suppose, but this timing thing that seems to be Tims main beef is a bit perplexing. How LONG officially has to pass before a joke about a death / natural disaster / murder or whatever is finally deemed "acceptable" or fair game ? And who decides ? Are jokes about anything, as Tim asserts, COMPLETELY off-limits while the event is still occurring ? Should we wait until the death toll is known ?

Its all very confusing. But the first official NSC binfest of 2011 (away from the +3's issue) seems to be well underway at least.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To me this kind of shit only appeals to the pea brains of both nations population who seem to think England and Australia are mortal enemies.

The rest of the normal populations get along with each other extremely well. Probably better than any other foreign nationality on the planet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i wonder how this would go down if we had just beaten pakistan or bangladesh and similar had occured.
Yes I believe you, as you seem to "wonder" this every single time a slight is perceived against a white person or a predominantly white nation and is subsequently talked about on here.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im not offended by this joke at all..:shrug:

Ive seen a lot worse on here especially if it involved people who happen to be Muslims...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I just say I brought Steve's DVD after watching him at the Komedia recently and it's well worth checking out, even if you are treated to occasional close-ups of our very own Simon Sissling sitting in the crowd
Do you seem him wanking into Steve's eye, a bit like he did with Hiney? ???

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Yes I believe you, as you seem to "wonder" this every single time a slight is perceived against a white person or a predominantly white nation and is subsequently talked about on here.

Quite. There would have been even more jokes if it had happened in Pakistan..... Oh wait, there were.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm leaning towards Tim's side on this. Comedy is 'all about the timing' as the saying goes, and for me, the timing here is all wrong.

That apart, it was a pretty lame joke anyway. Barrel of Fun was onto something much better, with the cricket / rain dance angle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here