Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful Tweet from "Comedy" Steve

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As an Aussie i'm not offended by it.

I'm more amazed someone could make a career out of telling shit jokes like that.

Hope the rest of his material is better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also do not buy the " comedy is a way of dealing with death " about jokes. I think the truth is some people enjoy and revel in seeing some people die and mask it with this get out clause.

Utter bollocks.

Hands up who thought CS's joke was funny because they LIKE WATCHING AUSTRALIANS DIE?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I suppose Steve could counter balance it with a "funny" joke about Chris Copsey.

There must be a joke about being "unable to get up in the morning"?

Comedy is always subjective, people find different things funny, and people get offended at different things. I bet the list of complaints to ofcom makes laughable reading.

edit - For the record, didn't think the joke was that funny, but not offended. The Bristol one was funnier. Comedians have to try out their material to get their set so sure he appreciates the feedback. :jester:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did you?

I live near Bristol. On the night in question, Mrs Bozza parked in the road that Joanne lived in at 8pm as she headed to a work Christmas do. It could have been her.

I'm sure your wife didn't kill her Bozza.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Now 'Gus Poyet' is getting involved. Let's hope everyone that reads that realises that 'Gus Poyet' is a fake (as well as unamusing) account on Twitter.

I also do not buy the " comedy is a way of dealing with death " about jokes. I think the truth is some people enjoy and revel in seeing some people die and mask it with this get out clause.

What on earth? Death is a daily occurrence and a reality that we all face.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not talking about CS but some people make jokes as they revel and celebrate some people dying. Michael Jackson and Princess Diana being two examples and mask it with the " way of dealing " bullshit.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Shameful tweet from him, given 12 are dead and figure expected to top 100 - more than 7/7

"Australia! Stretch your rain out over a year like Britain does, instead of having it all in 3 days, which might backfire."

Yeah nice one mate. I have friends up there who have lost their homes, friends elderly relatives who they can't contact as all Comms are down, and colleagues who can't get food or clean water.

Very classy fella

not funny i'm afraid,billions of dollars worth of damage,thousands of homes f***ed , meteorological nightmare.........apart from that the comment isn't remotely funny.........-4/10:glare:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
What a bunch of f***ing cocks there are on NSC. Unbelievable

Over the top and unnecessary really. It's a joke, one that's in poor taste, but it's a joke none the less. Just because people on this forum find it funny doesn't mean they should be subject to abuse.
Also was it really necessary bringing this to the attention of everybody on NSC. If you didn't want people to comment on it and say they found it funny, then why tell them what was said? Better to just tell Stephen Grant himself that it was pathetic, in poor taste etc. etc.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When he goes off on one about dead horses - years after it died. Not while people are dieing

Ouch. It was actually the day it died not years after. The Horse and the wonderful races and magnificent beast it was , was very personal to me and I was sad the day it died but it did not stop everyone ripping the piss out of me. This shows you maybe don't empathise very well with people. Some people care about Animals and it is shame the fact you cannot relate to that. I will also be devastated the day that my Dog dies but I guess that makes me a loser.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
CS reminds me of watching those really shit impressionists who tell you who they are just about to "do"
"This is my Frank Spencer"

Presumable CS is so named so that people are supposed to understand that he is trying to be funny.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i wonder how this would go down if we had just beaten pakistan or bangladesh and similar had occured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here