Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful Tweet from "Comedy" Steve

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Whenever something like this happens there are always jokes. I just hope the people of Brisbane keep their chin up...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Absolutely agreed. I wasn't stating that jokes shouldn't be made - Tim has as much right to express his opinion as CS has to tell his jokes...but more that people couldn't leave it alone even though they could see he was pretty worked up about it.

I'm still trying to work out why he highlighted the 'joke' on here in the first place? If emotions were running high then it might have been wise to keep it in Twitter Land or was he really expecting to get the unfettered support of NSC in railing against Steve?

Stumpy Tim

I'm still trying to work out why he highlighted the 'joke' on here in the first place? If emotions were running high then it might have been wise to keep it in Twitter Land or was he really expecting to get the unfettered support of NSC in railing against Steve?

Wish I hadn't now. However, a well known Brighton fan posting something in the public about a disaster I thought was a worthwhile tread. More topical on an Albion forum than hard animals I would suggest.

Anyway, as I said, some agree with me, more don't. I'll live with that

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've coined a phrase, I call it the "democracy of opinion". It's part of the modern world and media, including NSC and Twitter. Some people will find it offensive, some people will not.

If you are giving the entire world the opportunity to hear it or read something, don't complain if the reaction isn't quite what you expected or intended.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Tim - I'm sorry you're offended, but you're being a bit Daily Mail about all this.

It's a joke about the weather. Not about the deaths. After a lifetime of the Australians ripping the piss out of us about how superior their weather is, you might see how these sort of floods (which, by the way, you've had 8 times in the last two centuries - it's not exactly unexpected, is it?) might seem a humbling point.

I've made jokes about 7/7. And 21/7. And 9/11. Of course I have - that's what I do. But they're always *jokes*. They aren't just inflammatory remarks designed to raise a response; they have comedic merit.

I bet you laugh at jokes you don't feel emotionally drawn to - I've just stumbled across a subject you are feeling raw about. It is worth noting that I do warn people about this in my bio : http://twitter.com/stephencgrant - if that sort of thing is going to upset you, don't follow me. It's not like I posted it on NSC for general consumption - which *you* did.

You can put as many quotes as you like around 'comedy' - it's still funny to some.

BTW I'm in Sydney in six weeks! You can come see me - and I'll be doing those jokes on stage, which will give you ample opportunity to voice your displeasure through the traditional channels.

Stephen

He could be your plant.:lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just the sort of thing that Scots comedian from (ex) Mock the Week used to crack. Doesn't make it acceptable IMO, but then I never found much of what he said anything more than puerile or plain unpleasant or offensive.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can understand why it was offensive to an Australian, but I found it quite amusing.

Mendoza mentioned a Joanna Yeates joke, on the first page he made reference. Whatever it was, I personally wouldn't find a joke about that funny.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can understand why it was offensive to an Australian, but I found it quite amusing.

Mendoza mentioned a Joanna Yeates joke, on the first page he made reference. Whatever it was, I personally wouldn't find a joke about that funny.

It was something along the lines of catching the killer, pizza buying women at risk and a domino effect.

Comedy Steve says that he will be telling his 'weather joke' in Australia. I wonder if he would tell his 'pizza joke' in Bristol?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i went to see jerry sadowitz on friday night. he laid into the mcanns the crossbow killer muslims irish english french jewish people to name but a few. how he doesnt have a fatwa out on him by the end of this tour will be a mystery some of the things he came out with. but i paid 22 quid and knew what i was going to get. plus it was funny and raised some decent points. and had some card tricks.

An odd thing, humour.

Just checking out the state of affairs in the suburb of Brisbane where Roz has relatives, I stumble across a story in the local paper that the major effect of the flooding so far has been a surge in the price of water melons and the complete unavailability of spring onions in the shops.

Over to you, Steve ...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i went to see jerry sadowitz on friday night. he laid into the mcanns the crossbow killer muslims irish english french jewish people to name but a few. how he doesnt have a fatwa out on him by the end of this tour will be a mystery some of the things he came out with. but i paid 22 quid and knew what i was going to get. plus it was funny and raised some decent points. and had some card tricks.

I thought Jerry Sadowitz was as bad as it could get until I visited a comedy club in New York. Having visited many over here, I knew what to expect to a certain degree.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't which isn't surprising because they hand tickets out in the street to Tourists.

To cut a long story short there was a women in the audience with her two daughters, one of which had her boyfriend with her. The girls were probably late teens I'd imagine. They were also from London.

There was a running joke all note from all the comics about this "MILF" in the audience with her two daughters, which she took very well.

Unfortunately one comedian, decided it was appropriate to start asking about her periods (in front of her family) and how he'd like to take the mother behind (or something like that). Something about had the boyfriend also had the mother etc...

It rapidly progressed into something I can only describe as an interrogation in why she was there without her husband. In tears and under extreme pressure (the children were also in tears at this point, but the comedian hadn't noticed) the women eventually blurted out that her husband had walked out on the family and she had taken them on a holiday to get over it.

During this time (I was sitting near the front), I was trying my best to inform the comedian he was going too far - but all I got was this comedy "cockerney" accent, which I presume was some form of impersonation.

Anyway - complete car crash and he wasn't even the slightest bit funny - although in retrospect the situation WAS, as the basis for comedy. I seem to recall him saying something racist towards all the blacks in the audience and he was quite lucky to leave the place alive.

So, yes I agree that in comedy clubs you expect totally a certain type of humour. However....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh to hell with all this.
Lets just have a picture of Helen Flanagan.

600full-helen-flanagan.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh Dave i will never forget you going to watch a horror film(one of the Saw films) at the Pictures and walking out at the first sight of blood as you found it repulsive.Deary me.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
well, if you insist

helen-flanagan-bikini-candids-oct-2010-05.jpg

And Algie, I only left the cinema temporarily during a particularly unpleasant open-brain surgery procedure that was making me feel a bit queasy. I returned for the rest of the film (which was shite anyway).

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've seen Comedy Steve a number of times at The Komedia. In every case, he has been brilliant - far funnier than the acts he has introduced. He's topical, quick witted and like all good comedians - highly original. If you don't like his humour - don't follow him on Twitter.

Keep up the good work Steve :thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I've seen Comedy Steve a number of times at The Komedia. In every case, he has been brilliant - far funnier than the acts he has introduced. He's topical, quick witted and like all good comedians - highly original. If you don't like his humour - don't follow him on Twitter.

Keep up the good work Steve :thumbsup:

I have to say.....This!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wish I hadn't now. However, a well known Brighton fan posting something in the public about a disaster I thought was a worthwhile tread. More topical on an Albion forum than hard animals I would suggest.

Anyway, as I said, some agree with me, more don't. I'll live with that

To be fair Tim you and others do seem to tolerate words like 'spastic, retard and mong' which myself and others find offensive (and yes there may well be personal reasons behind that as the Aussie thing is to you) and some of these people who use these words are people you KNOW on here or 'friends'... Not getting at you, just making a point...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here