Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameful Tweet from "Comedy" Steve

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It you have a relative who's being held in captivity abroad, it's probably best to avoid live comedy nights.
Or perhaps for some people to show a little respect or empathy, it's not as if billy connolly is known for this type of humour in the way frankie boyle is, i felt the same way when jonathan ross made a joke on TV about one of the actors dying from last of the summer wine , dire though the show may have been , the day after it f***ing happened, what if one of his relatives or friends were watching,are we all supposed to avoid tv if you've suffered a loss or bereavement so that this sort of humour can go out uninterrupted ?at the end of the day a lot of people laugh at sick jokes but you wouldnt tell the joke to someone intimately involved, which is what telling it via a public medium is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Or perhaps for some people to show a little respect or empathy, it's not as if billy connolly is known for this type of humour in the way frankie boyle is, i felt the same way when jonathan ross made a joke on TV about one of the actors dying from last of the summer wine , dire though the show may have been , the day after it f***ing happened, what if one of his relatives or friends were watching,are we all supposed to avoid tv if you've suffered a loss or bereavement so that this sort of humour can go out uninterrupted ?at the end of the day a lot of people laugh at sick jokes but you wouldnt tell the joke to someone intimately involved, which is what telling it via a public medium is.

True, the first thing I would do if a relative of mine had died would be to watch a risque topical comedian, and then have to go 'D'Oh'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you're on about ross, it was the f***ing soap awards or suchlike, so you're the definitive guide to dealing with bereavement are you ?

Nah, I'm the definitive guide to places where you are GUARANTEED a shag in Manchester though :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts are Stumpy Tim took offence to this and we should respect his feelings. It is not fair to make it a binfest or NSC " Gold " as binfests on NSC seem to involve someone being hurt and others enjoying it.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Stumpy Tim will be getting up soon, blissfully unaware that whilst he has been in the land of the nod, the fest continues.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The facts are Stumpy Tim took offence to this and we should respect his feelings. It is not fair to make it a binfest or NSC " Gold " as binfests on NSC seem to involve someone being hurt and others enjoying it.

With respect US, I think you're a great poster but you really are talking out your arse here. Why should we respect his feelings when he posted it on an internet forum, fueled by these things called opinions? By starting a topic on it, it was him that opened up the can of worms, as he made it open to debate, and whether he was right or wrong (he is very wrong, by the way) he should have realised that not everyone was going to agree with his point of view. When it became apparent that they didn't he used ridiculous logic in order to justify his claims. I notice all the while that Comedy Steve treated him with nothing but courtesy and respect, despite being abused in most of Tim's posts. Says more about ST than it does about CS.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Because from experience I know it not nice to be the subject of a binfest. Lets just respect his feelings. No need for the thread to go on really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here