Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thing is........ I believe so much in Gus and Tano. I believe they can get an 'average' player and mould him into something fantastic.
What they have done to El-Abd is nothing short of miraculous, and they will do it again.

This is correct. Gus is the first manager in my time watching Brighton who has improved players.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
With all due respect to the Pal@rse fan on here, we are a far, far more attractive club to join than the scum... club constantly battling against Championship relegation, or one on the up, with a fantastic new stadium, top manager, excellent squad, brilliant chairman, etc.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Elian Parrino - Estudiantes Right Back, still young currently on loan at Sheff Utd, could be good back-up to Calderon.
Enric Valles - Birmingham Winger, was due for talks back in January with us but injury ruled that one out, depends on whether we get Kaz or not.
Darren Carter - Preston Midfielder
Hermann Hreidarsson - Portsmouth Centre Half and Left Back cover or competition.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kyle Naughton would be fantastic... hes been great at liecester.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hatem Ben Arfa / Kazenga LuaLua = absolutely
Danny Wellbeck / Kazenga LuaLua = not really

It is not a guess but a well founded rumour that Newcastle United wanted to sign Wellbeck. I expect they were very annoyed (Black Cat across their path) that he went to the Mackems on loan.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hatem Ben Arfa / Kazenga LuaLua = absolutely
Danny Wellbeck / Kazenga LuaLua = not really

This is correct. Gus is the first manager in my time watching Brighton who has improved players.

Whilst tending to agree, you can only make players realise their potential. You cannot make them superb athletes if they are a bit on the tubby side. And there is onluy so much intelligence and speed and stamina handed our in their genes. The idea is to find underachievers with other clubs and buy them relatively cheaply rather than overachievers like Mackie-Smith.

Do Albion employ a psychologist? If we are going to pay £1 million plus for a reserve team player, it might be worth checking him out.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
what about someone like emmanuel frimpong at arsenal on a season loan?

really highly rated by arsenal but not quite ready for first team yet. with ours and arsenals styles quite similar, surely some of their youth players would fit in well with our system....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Lets sign Nicolas Anelka and Eidur Gudjohnsen :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Elian Parrino - Estudiantes Right Back, still young currently on loan at Sheff Utd, could be good back-up to Calderon.
Enric Valles - Birmingham Winger, was due for talks back in January with us but injury ruled that one out, depends on whether we get Kaz or not.
Hermann Hreidarsson - Portsmouth Centre Half and Left Back cover or competition.

Not sure about Valles. Good with the ball at feet but not especially quick so unless we fail to get LuaLua............. but we have already shown interest and he is out of contract so a definite maybe I guess. I liked the very little I've seen of Parrino since Adams gave him a chance and I'm a fan of Darren Carter who I think would suit our needs for someone able to mix it a bit in midfield. Not sure about Hreidersson because of his age (knocking on 37?) current salary, and the fact he has been playing full back for the past few years but out of contract and his experience and height if he were to go back to playing in central defence would be fantastic for us.

I suspect these are the sort of players we are going to be looking at though rather than the big names.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thinking about a striker and I keep coming back to the one player I have seen this season who offers something up front that no-one we currently have can give and that is the best header of a ball in League 1 - Rickie Lambert.

Now wouldn't that be a popular move!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lambert was a threat in the 2nd half when Adkins moved him to the centre of the attack but in the first half out wide on the right he was wasted. What about somebody like Jason Roberts who probably wouldnt cost a lot now even in wages, but could probably do a season for us.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not saying Yeah, Yeah Yeah we should sign NA

But remember that sort of guy may be interested to sign for a club where, once again, he may be able to be a king pin in perhaps the twylight of his career. Agaim, at that stage, money doen't really matter as already, heigh ho, he has enough - nice way to wind down one's career. ?

Best

Al

Last edited:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth

Can I just say that El-abd had been tried at a numerous amount of positions with different managers which obvously shows he always had a footballing ability as well as defending. I myself have always admired him as he always wanted to play the ball rather than hoof it back in the old hoof days. Sadly if one pass cocked up then El-abd tended to get the blame for the result. Poyet has changed the mentality of the fans as much as the improvements within the squad. El-abd always had class. Poyet has just rectified it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I think Preston have a few players worth investigating like the previously mentioned Sean St Ledger. He would be an awesome signing for cb and maybe his price will have dropped a bit since they've gone down.
Now Hreidarsson I'm not too sure! He looked pretty laboured against us in the cup and was lacking pace!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I think Preston have a few players worth investigating like the previously mentioned Sean St Ledger. He would be an awesome signing for cb and maybe his price will have dropped a bit since they've gone down.
Now Hreidarsson I'm not too sure! He looked pretty laboured against us in the cup and was lacking pace!

As you have mentioned before DFP St Ledger would be an excellent signing. Also worth a look at Ched Evans at Sheff Utd and Martyn Woolford of Scunthorpe. As an outside bet if they get promoted maybe Simeon Jackson from Norwich??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here