Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry, I posted this on another thread earlier but would be interested to have some constructive response / information.

Who knows exactly the scenario.

I gather that TB has effectively paid for the stadium which is however effectively owned by a trust (which presumably he owns) and the stadium is effectively interest free from the club's point of view, though there must be some contingency for repayments from TB's point of view.

The affairs of the club are therefore the significant part of this. Assuming that there is no ongoing debt (No idea), the club's trading account will include factors like the 'prize' for winning the League 1 Title (£2.5m I heard) and you need to take into account the revenue from ST sales and match day sales ( ie non STs and Away fans ) There will be Sponsorship and Television Rights and then there is the non footballing side of things, like the sale of merchandise (which, I suppose, would be especially good if there was a 'name' upon which fans might focus, oh hang on, HA HA). There is match day parking and match day catering and refreshments and the, as yet, unknown revenue stream which will emanate from non match day catering but which, it is fair to say, and looking at already arranged events is set to grow and grow. Again, and on the other side of the coin, the Albion has probably entered the realms of large employer in the city and the wage bill, leaving aside the playing staff, will be not insubstantial.

Looking at our activity in the transfer market, it appears we have expended £5m but, in my understanding, we have recouped £1.5m (though there are all sorts of pecularities like buy ons and no doubt sell ons)

Now I have absolutely no idea where those things leave us, and I have probably overlooked others, so please get your brain around some of these facts and apologies for errors and ommisions and perhaps you will be better able than I am to come up with our likely player budget.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here