Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
look at newcastle someone like vuckic or ferguson would be good or how about jay emanuel thomas or what about the burnley full back richard eckersley hes on loan in the mls at the moment and he looks a decent player

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Not too many surprises,I thought he might give kish another year,spot on with Navarro,not sure about smith.

What it does tell me is that there will be significant investmest in the summer.As it stands the only striker we have is Ashley barnes.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
How about Tamas Priskin ?, Hungarian striker at Ipswich, Ex Watford (Chief Operations manager will have knowledge), been on loan to Q.P.R and Swansea this season. 6ft 1 so maybe a Murray type replacement should Glenn go and still young.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We don't know what the budget will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gus hasn't got one or two overseas players lined up, maybe Spanish or South American, through his contacts; hopefully more like Calderon than Baz and Batti, preferably. Apart from that, I don't think we should be looking at League 1 players (although Mackail-Smith would be handy) - what I'd like to see us doing is looking for players who have helped their team get promoted from the Championship this year, but who aren't likely to feature in the Prem. (same sort of scenario as Ankergren this season).
No idea about names, though.

Some of my posts seem to have disappeared. I don't think the budget will match the resources available in the Bamber era. Therefore, we will be competing on equal terms but will not buy ourselves out of the division.

But saying that I don't think we could get a decent central defender for under a £1 million. One that is capable of playing the ball out of defence rather than hoofing it. And if Navarro does not get fit, we are going to need a central midfielder as well. And a left-sided midfielder/winger/full back in the Dean Hammond style (why did we get rid of him?)

There is a young Norwich midfielder that went to Bradford on loan, but nothing speical. There are lots of ordinary players around.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What worries me at the moment is that although we expect to bring in six or seven and have released players to that end, we could also lose Murray and Bennett and with Elphick also out, potentially until Christmas, we suddenly look like needing to get ten new players in.

Now probably only 2 or 3 of Gus' original 6/7 were intended to be immediate first team starters with the rest being quality squad additions, but we could very quickly find ourselves having to change half the starting team and half the bench.

Not an issue in itself except that changes on that scale take time to gel (for me you only have to look at Elphick /Greer/elAbd to see that switching pairings and bringing perfectly competent players in to the system, doesn't always work as easily as you might hope).

If we are looking at those sort of numbers then it makes a lot of sense that we might, for example, be looking at the Dundee Utd midfield pairing as a job lot - less risk as they don't need to adapt to each other. Not easily done elsewhere though.......................

Navs staying on may be a bonus just to keep a bit of continuity

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Garra Dembele Mali striker plays for Levski Sofia. Unbelievable scoring record looks mustard on his YouTube clip

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Garra Dembele Mali striker plays for Levski Sofia. Unbelievable scoring record looks mustard on his YouTube clip

In October 2006, he was accused of rape by a 22-year old American student while in Rome but was later released and allowed to return to France.

On 2 December 2010, he was arrested in Sofia for drunk driving and producing a fake driving license. On the 2nd February 2011 Garra Dembele was handed an eight-month suspended sentence for drink-driving offence. He was handed the suspended sentence with a three-year probation period after being caught drink-driving in December and presenting police with a forged driving licence. :cool:

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
In October 2006, he was accused of rape by a 22-year old American student while in Rome but was later released and allowed to return to France.

On 2 December 2010, he was arrested in Sofia for drunk driving and producing a fake driving license. On the 2nd February 2011 Garra Dembele was handed an eight-month suspended sentence for drink-driving offence. He was handed the suspended sentence with a three-year probation period after being caught drink-driving in December and presenting police with a forged driving licence.

Sign him up.:dunce:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Knowing how popular he is with Albion fans............................................

I see that Russell Slade has released Orient's leading scorer, Scott McGleish :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

On 2 December 2010, he was arrested in Sofia for drunk driving and producing a fake driving license. On the 2nd February 2011 Garra Dembele was handed an eight-month suspended sentence for drink-driving offence. He was handed the suspended sentence with a three-year probation period after being caught drink-driving in December and presenting police with a forged driving licence. :cool:

Sounds class, sign him up!! :lol:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I was more than surprised that Phillips didn't just tell him to take a hike especially as the common rumour up here is that he is on something north of £20K+ per week (it was £30K but I'm fairly sure he took a cut last year to get another season) and had previously said that he wouldn't drop down a league. However at 37 maybe reality is catching up and I do know that he has his eye on a career with Sky so maybe the sort of deal that Savage has at Derby which allows him to combine playing with commentating/punditry would work? In a way I hope not because I don't think his focus would be in the right place but you never know.

Blimey, he's going to run around with a microphone !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here