Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Robbie Keane....dont make me laugh...BG are you on a major wind up with your responses in this thread !

Surely Hoskins was the special player we were after.

I was just passing on that somebody. not me had posted that whether there was any truth or just a wind up who knows but just answering the question about had it been said who it was. How was or is Hoskins classed as a special player other than the priuce required fpor his transfer.

Also on the point of Arry and his loans I am not advocating going down the route of loads of loans but just one possibly as the additional striker we require could be signed in this manner. I am not saying any person in particular but all premiership strikers who have proved their worth would be expensive and their wages would be high. As an example somebody like Ricardo Fuller or Carew at Stoke would be well out of our wage range but paying about 20% wouldnt.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Robbie Keane....dont make me laugh...BG are you on a major wind up with your responses in this thread !

Surely Hoskins was the special player we were after.

Close. But no cigar.

It was actually revealed by Gus to have been Ryan Harley. Swansea gazumped us with a £400K bid and promptly loaned him back to Exeter where his form has dipped a bit. If they get promoted to the Prem I have a hunch that there may still be a deal for us to do there.

Regarding loans of Premiership players it's worth noting that if it's like last year clubs don't have to finally list their squad until about a month after the first kick-off so any additions from this route could be joining us once the early direction of our season is already established. Not ideal for the first season at a new level.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Steve Bruce is on record as saying he would sign him permanently at Sunderland if he could. Not going to be dropping down a league.

Loan for one season only. I don't think Newcastle are going to part with K Lua Lua unless they get a replacement. So it it might be best if Newcastle buy him? I think Giggs has one more season in him, but not Scholes.

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
I think we need to approach transfer the way Gus did last summer. big names such as Kevin Phillips will want at least 20k a week and we don't want to do a Portsmouth. I think Norwich are a perfect example of this, yes they have more money that us but Lambert has built a good squad. Players I think would be good additions Rob Elliot (CAFC gk), Douglas and jackson (both potentially on frees), hoskins, danny green

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure why people are against loans so much, everyone wanted Lua Lua on loan. taking loanees for a few months might be unsettling, but taking year or 6mth loans seems sensible way to get hold of quality, young, fringe premiership players hungry to impress and get games under their belts.

I had expressed last season that Danny Green of D&R was a player to watch out for.

Anyone think anything of him? He scored a well-taken pen at ours in their 4-3 defeat.

edit; I see he's been mentioned on this thread before too. Looked good for them last year, only a young lad at 19 - he might be tempted away, though Daggers will prefer to hang onto him of course.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
According to sky sports news we've offered contracts to 2 players from dundee utd, Prince Buaben a midfielder was one but did'nt catch the name of the other one.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
According to sky sports news we've offered contracts to 2 players from dundee utd, Prince Buaben a midfielder was one but did'nt catch the name of the other one.

Morgaro Gomis is the other one, he has played for Senegal and the Prince has played for Ghana FLAIR OVERLOAD!

Both midfielders though cant be good news for Nav :(

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Morgaro Gomis is the other one, he has played for Senegal and the Prince has played for Ghana FLAIR OVERLOAD!

Prince grew up in Holland and trained with Ajax acedemy, according to wiki. regulars with 250 apperances between them since 2007. interesting if true.

(not sure what it says about the level of scottsih football though that a player goes from Lewes to the SPL...)

I read in the Evening Standard last night that Spurs currently have loads of players out on loan, and will look to shed some of them during the summer.
Kudus Oyenuga (with Myllykosken Pallo)
Bongani Khamalo (PNE)
Jake Livermore (Leeds)
Cameron Lancaster (Dagenham)
Jon Obika (Yeovil, till May 7)
Simon Dawkins (San Jose Earthquakes)
Jake Nicholson (Myllykosken Pallo)
Dean Parrett (Charlton)
Andros Townsend (Millwall)
Nathan Byrne (Brentford)Jon Obika (Swindon, recalled)
Robbie Keane (West Ham)
Jamie O'Hara (Wolves)
Tom Carroll (Orient)
David Bentley (Birmingham)
Harry Kane (Orient)
Kyle Walker (Aston Villa)
Kyle Naughton (Leicester)
Paul-Jose M'Poku (Orient)
Adam Smith (Bournemouth)

My mate at work is a QPR fan and tells me they will be spending loads of money over the summer, and will be relasing a number of good players who are Championship standard, but not deemed to be Premership standard. PLayers like Helguson, Hall, Derry, Agyemang and Ephraim.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This 2 players in from Dundee Utd rumour is interesting... any confirmation anywhere?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
This 2 players in from Dundee Utd rumour is interesting... any confirmation anywhere?

it seems to all come from this snippet, does anyone has a copy of the Evening Telegraph from 25th March??

Evening Telegraph: Sport: General Sports News

which also mentions Craig Bryson from Kilmarnock another midfielder, Hearts seem to have had a £375,000 offer turned down so he had better be good!

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wouldnt mind getting hold of that Andros Townsend on loan if Lua Lua dosent happen, hes a very good player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here