Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Transfer Targets

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We're more likely to pay for a decent L1 player, get a few players in that are out of contract from Championship teams on frees and possibly 1 or 2 foreign players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The recently capped England international who's scored regularly in the Premier League this season?

That's the problem with English internationals. The fringe players are more likely to play for England than their Premiership team. One day the England team will be picked from Championship sides as the Premier will be full of foreigners.

Joking aside, the whole point is Newcastle Unuted want to sign Wellback and then Lua Lua would be surplus. I doubt if it will happen.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I wouldnt mind getting hold of that Andros Townsend on loan if Lua Lua dosent happen, hes a very good player.

Quite agree - Andros Townsend is a class act
Would love to see Jamie O'Hara sign for us but it ain't likely to happen !!
Nathan Ellington could be a good bet - decent player

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
maybe some strong players from the teams that don't go up:
Southampton: Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, José Fonte
Peterborough:Craig Mackail-Smith, George Boyd
Huddersfield: Anthony Pilkington

Sorry to disappoint, but probably all out of reach.

Lallana - £5,000,000+
Lambert - £1,500,000+
Fonte - £2,000,000+
Mackail-Smith - £2,000,000+
Boyd - £1,500,000+
Pilkington - £3,000,000+

These are players that I think would only go to prem sides or sides expecting to challenge for the NPC title. The valuation on these players may seem high, especially on the saints players and Pilkington, but they are integral players and we don't need to sell. If someone want's to stump up that amount of cash, we'll take it.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I think some of you need a reality check, yes some of these players mentioned may want to go to Brighton, but you won't be the only side interested...

It seems almost every player Palace wanted in the last few seasons has ended up at a bigger club with bigger pockets and next season you will see the same.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think some of you need a reality check, yes some of these players mentioned may want to go to Brighton, but you won't be the only side interested...

It seems almost every player Palace wanted in the last few seasons has ended up at a bigger club with bigger pockets and next season you will see the same.

spot on I reckon - or it would be if we were chasing "names" but then we even found it with Harley from Exeter who you might have thought was still under the radar of most clubs but was nicked by Swansea

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Sorry to disappoint, but probably all out of reach.

Lallana - £5,000,000+
Lambert - £1,500,000+
Fonte - £2,000,000+
Mackail-Smith - £2,000,000+
Boyd - £1,500,000+
Pilkington - £3,000,000+

These are players that I think would only go to prem sides or sides expecting to challenge for the NPC title. The valuation on these players may seem high, especially on the saints players and Pilkington, but they are integral players and we don't need to sell. If someone want's to stump up that amount of cash, we'll take it.

Ha. Pilkington certainly isn't worth 3 million at the moment! Let's see how he recovers and he'll need more than a decent 18 months in league 1 to be worth 3 Mill. Honestly, If he is worth that, Bennett is worth 6.
If Peterborough don't go up, none of their players are worth more than a million. If Saints don't go up then all those valuations can be halved.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
spot on I reckon - or it would be if we were chasing "names" but then we even found it with Harley from Exeter who you might have thought was still under the radar of most clubs but was nicked by Swansea

It's bloody frustrating, we were hopeful of signing Leroy Lita and Jay Simpson for example but two recently relegated Prem sides in Boro and Hull came in and offered better terms.

The Championship, I reckon will be ridiculously strong next season. You'll be better off trying to use Poyet's contacts rather than go for some of the names suggested.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
You'll be better off trying to use Poyet's contacts rather than go for some of the names suggested.
This. 95% of the names in this list are just pie in the sky. The two Dundee players are far more likely, as are a couple of ex-Spurs/Chelsea players, or loanees.
People are in cloud cuckoo land.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This. 95% of the names in this list are just pie in the sky. The two Dundee players are far more likely, as are a couple of ex-Spurs/Chelsea players, or loanees.
People are in cloud cuckoo land.

It is a bloody good read though, you have to admit? Forlan, Toure, Joe Cole, Michael Owen, absolutely superb! If we can't get the likes of Harley from Exeter what on earth makes people suggest players like this? We would be seriously lucky to land players of the calibre of Mackail-Smith and Boyd etc

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How about Shaun Derry from QPR.....good at what he does, not good enough for the prem.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Ha. Pilkington certainly isn't worth 3 million at the moment! Let's see how he recovers and he'll need more than a decent 18 months in league 1 to be worth 3 Mill. Honestly, If he is worth that, Bennett is worth 6.
If Peterborough don't go up, none of their players are worth more than a million. If Saints don't go up then all those valuations can be halved.

Pilkington is worth that much to Hudders, not saying that's his true value. They won't want to part iwth anything less than that. The peterborough players may drop in value because of the clus financial predicament, but I still think they'll be over £1,000,000 each. The values of the Saints players won't shift that much. We won's ship out Lambert for less than we bought him for, same for Fonte. So both will be near the £1,500,000 mark should we not go up. Lallana, just signed a 5 1/2 year contract so his value won't move at all. Plus he'll go to a prem side, not championship.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Thing is........ I believe so much in Gus and Tano. I believe they can get an 'average' player and mould him into something fantastic.
What they have done to El-Abd is nothing short of miraculous, and they will do it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here