Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Since when this season has our home support been patient???

Our home support has been very poor imo.

I am often embarassed by some of the behaviour of so called Albion fans... but it's not a new thing... I remember even back in the Goldstone days, the home fans were so quick to turn on the team...

That would be (without the expletive) a perfectly reasonable response imo, as would something along the lines of:
"As the Chairman has already indicated, I've been re-appointed to further take the team forward as the move to Falmer approaches and I would hope to have us in the (eg) Championship when we re-locate."

Smartarse, flippant, jokey comments from MA I don't buy, particularly as I've coughed up the £400+ cost of a season ticket - and for what exactly? Is it the load of shit we've already seen vs Bristol/Orient/Scunthorpe/Walsall or have I missed something? Please tell me Mr A.

Why should he bother repeating what had already been said? He'd be criticised then for not giving a different answer. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Bollocks - has anyone at the club ever indicated publicly what the playing objectives for the next two seasons are? DK mentioned them briefly at the Fans Forum (without getting flippant btw) but that was a couple of weeks after the Argus on-line Q & A with MA.

Don't bring the recent home games into all this either as the incident you refer to came in pre season.

The primary "incident" is in today's Argus, I was just quoting another and similar example of MA's approach.
Fyi, I bought my season ticket in March and at the time of purchase I had certain expectations of what might be expected this season based on the previous two. OK, that's all out of the window with the appointment of a new manager in May - no problem with this but what have I got to go on now?
Our performances in the first four home leagues have been dreadful, tactically inept and some of our substitutions bizarre - the manager has not accepted any responsibility whatsoever for this as far as I can see? Hopefully things will improve but if it's shit then (like HKFC) I don't see why I shouldn't say so.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play. The top one doesn't realy tell you anything as there is not enough of a sample.

The bottom poll shows 11% saying out (8 voters in total)

The middle one has 15% says Adams out and was conducted after the Walsall debacle. There are a few of the usuaul suspects in there (serial moaners), plus a few disaffected DW fans (BigGully for example):

alethialtd, BigGully, bojans right foot, BRIGHT ON Q, Carrot Cruncher, deano seagulls, El Turi, elwheelio, Ernest, essbee, Freddo, Giant Seagull, Gordon the Gopher, Icy Gull, Jim D, Man of Harveys, n1 gull, NS Herald, sir albion, SirDouglasLoft, Snoobs`Seagull, The Lemming Stomper, The Merry Prankster, veade, vulture, Withdean Wanderer, Zebedee

So come on you lot - are you seriously suggesting we should sack the manager after nine games or was that a knee jerk reaction?
Wow. I too hadn't realised the 'Adams Out!' brigade was so big. There's obviously some names there that we can dismiss as just tossers, but the likes of Icy, MoH, n1 gull, NS Herald, Snoobs ? I am surprised.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair play. The top one doesn't realy tell you anything as there is not enough of a sample.

The bottom poll shows 11% saying out (8 voters in total)

The middle one has 15% says Adams out and was conducted after the Walsall debacle. There are a few of the usuaul suspects in there (serial moaners), plus a few disaffected DW fans (BigGully for example):

alethialtd, BigGully, bojans right foot, BRIGHT ON Q, Carrot Cruncher, deano seagulls, El Turi, elwheelio, Ernest, essbee, Freddo, Giant Seagull, Gordon the Gopher, Icy Gull, Jim D, Man of Harveys, n1 gull, NS Herald, sir albion, SirDouglasLoft, Snoobs`Seagull, The Lemming Stomper, The Merry Prankster, veade, vulture, Withdean Wanderer, Zebedee

So come on you lot - are you seriously suggesting we should sack the manager after nine games or was that a knee jerk reaction?

I wasn't thrilled at the way he came back and I don't think he has done anything of note since he's been gone. I don't go along with the general consensus of the Adams is the Messiah posters on here that the team needed major surgery. We will never know now because that is the route he has now gone down. We have journeymen who may or may not stay and I appreciate it takes time for players to bed in, let's hope we don't have to keep changing the loanees every month or two.

I have to hold my hand up and say I've only been to the Orient game this season so I have not seen what's been going on on the field in the other games with my own eyes. However I am really disappointed, having listened to all the commentaries, that John Byrne seems to be able to call what the game needs whilst commentating whilst our manager really does appear to be quite clueless in making substitutions and employs tactics that seem to suggest a man who has lost the ambition to actually send his team out to win a game. Too much fear from an experienced manager does not bode well for a team that only needed a bit of tinkering with imo.

Flame away, I can understand why those have been to every game would laugh off the opinions of someone who's only made one game, you may be right to do so.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
It is all very well making a joke of it but having sat in the rain watching useless football against a poor team with only ten men excuse me if I am not laughing...
yer after driving 8 hours there and back to watch it and after doing so for the walsall game 2 weeks earlier

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The point he was making is that we were not finishing the season in October. People are demanding success too early.

Yes, but the way Adams makes it out, is that suddenly we will be there at the end of the season. We are not there now, and with no win in 7 games, there is still a danger of slipping further back, and even if we play well in April, we may not be in the hunt come May.

You cant just write off a sloppy start and say "it will be alright in the end"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There's obviously some names there that we can dismiss as just tossers, but the likes of Icy, MoH, n1 gull, NS Herald, Snoobs ? I am surprised.
So am I - I think I must either a) have misvoted or b) (more likely) have been in a grumpy mood after a bad home performance.

Either way, it's a piss poor effort no excuses, and as a result - much as some people would now like Micky Adams to be - I will be in sackcloth and ashes at the next home game.:down:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes, but the way Adams makes it out, is that suddenly we will be there at the end of the season. We are not there now, and with no win in 7 games, there is still a danger of slipping further back, and even if we play well in April, we may not be in the hunt come May.

Well, have a look into your crystal ball and tell me where we will finish then? Or should I just boo the team off week in week out just in case we finish below 7th.

Maybe Adams has confidence in himself?

People on here must have huge houses, great big cars and model wifes, because boy they are f*cking hard to please come football on a Saturday afternoon. I thought the game was good value on Saturday and we haven't lost in the last 3 games. Should have had 3 wins, so I am not worrying until next year. I leave that to some people on here :D

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
“I honestly didn’t realise I had to be seventh by the beginning of October, so I do apologise to people if that was the case.”

:clap2: :lol:

There's only Mickey Adams! :lol:

Top man:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think what he is saying is that these things take time. We have knocked Man City out the cup and thrashed Barnet. I thought we played well on Saturday, a couple spots of poor defending cost us dearly.

His comments are about the league position. What have two cup wins got to do with that?

Please do not forget you are watching a league one side with no money. Not Chelsea. sometimes people do need to sit up and smell the coffee.

With all due respect, if that's aimed at me in any way, shape or form, you can shove it up your arse. Have a little read through past postings if you think I'm not aware of our situation. I really don't mind watching league 1 football. I make a 160 mile round trip every home game to do do, when there are Premiership and Championship clubs on my doorstep.

What I mind, is the manager of OUR club, treating the fans like idiots. Whatever he wants to pretend, the situation IS serious - we've dropped a load of unnecessary points against shit teams, which may very well cost us dearly come May. What's more, the manner of those performances does not suggest that things will pick up significantly any time soon. Its Adams' job to turn that round, not to shrug it off and claim it doesn't matter, as its 'only October'.

Finally, I don't particularly like the use of the term 'I' in his statement. "...didn't realise I had to be 7th in October.." Its not ALL about you, Mickey.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Adams is pissed off with certain segments of our support. I hope he reacts in the right way to it.

Give it time

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
His comments are about the league position. What have two cup wins got to do with that?

With all due respect, if that's aimed at me in any way, shape or form, you can shove it up your arse. Have a little read through past postings if you think I'm not aware of our situation. I really don't mind watching league 1 football. I make a 160 mile round trip every home game to do do, when there are Premiership and Championship clubs on my doorstep.

What I mind, is the manager of OUR club, treating the fans like idiots. Whatever he wants to pretend, the situation IS serious - we've dropped a load of unnecessary points against shit teams, which may very well cost us dearly come May. What's more, the manner of those performances does not suggest that things will pick up significantly any time soon. Its Adams' job to turn that round, not to shrug it off and claim it doesn't matter, as its 'only October'.

Finally, I don't particularly like the use of the term 'I' in his statement. "...didn't realise I had to be 7th in October.." Its not ALL about you, Mickey.

FFS - it is a tongue in cheek quote...nothing more, nothing less! Does it really matter if he uses, I, we, one etc....lets just let him get on with his job. I am actually glad he is talking about the situation, rather than withdrawing into himself....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. I am actually glad he is talking about the situation, rather than withdrawing into himself....

Is he talking about it, though?

Is he talking about WHY we've dropped 12 home points in 5 winnable home games? Is he talking about WHY he chose to sit back on Saturday and invite Cheltenham onto us? Is he taking ANY responsibilty for our poor start?

Or is he just batting it all away, with jokey asides?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Firstly, it wasn't aimed at you directly. But i'll shove it up my arse if it turns you on.

If you class Wallsall as sh*t, then you need to look at the league and check out their results. They have won a fair few games. Scunthorpe are also one of the teams fancied to win promotion.

You seem to expect us to win the league or something? I admire your 160 mile trips. But I have heard the ridiculous remarks made by fans at games and on here and they are just not in any way constructive or useful. Don't
you think Adams knows that things need to improve. I admire him for his two fingers to the moaners!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Thats correct,

Optimism is fine and a fans prerogative, but it doesnt really make much sense.

It really doesnt follow that just because we have many games to go and some were optimistic in August, that everything pans out ok.

Of course thats the current defence of MA's supporters and only time will tell, but the only positive at present is that the board are implicated too in the current unease.

They will continue to offer MA the backing that might see more experienced, talented and very well paid players come to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here