Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Okay okay i give in.

Adams you naughty boy you are a disgrace we should be at least 7th now and playing wonder football. Your quote is distasteful.

Booooooooooooooo!

Poor effort.

No-one on this thread has suggested we SHOULD be 7th or in any other particular position, have they? The discussion is about Adams' lack of respect for the fans, from a position of very little strength, given his own poor performance so far.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Poor effort.

No-one on this thread has suggested we SHOULD be 7th or in any other particular position, have they? The discussion is about Adams' lack of respect for the fans, from a position of very little strength, given his own poor performance so far.

You see it as disrespect for the fans and as such it has made you very angry. Fair enough.

I see it as a throwaway comment that did not imply disrespect to the fans at all. Some people on here (not you) have gone on and on about 7th being so important in judging MA. I guess he's seen that, or more likely been told that, and he chose to comment on it. Disrespect? Not at all, in my opinion.

Let's move on, eh? We've got a match tonight and that's more important than any of this.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Poor effort.

We are not going to see eye to eye on this.

Adams imo is a very good manager and will come good, if be it this season or next I can wait. Football under Wilkins was a lot worse at times last season and I can see improvements already in the team and I think as the season goes on things will improve. I like the way Adams doesn't take any sh*t and has the respect from his players.

I hope it doesn't rain tonight! :thumbsup:

Keep the faith!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
How is that quote disrespecting the fans? He's just trying to put things in a bit of PERSPECTIVE - something everyone on here seems to be missing.

We're 9 games into a 46 game season. We've had an average start. So what? We had an average start last year too, as well as a diabolical middle, and we almost made the top 6.

People are slagging Micky off because they expect him to live up to the success he had last time. You've got to remember he is still a NEW manager who needs time to work out the players he has at his disposal, and where the problems lie. I am actually, if anything, ENCOURAGED by the speed at which he's moved to bring in new faces after realising our midfield isn't good enough. I can name a couple of recent albion managers who would have let that problem linger until it did kill off our season. As it is, we now have quality players all over the pitch, we're 6 points off the play-offs with THIRTY-f***ing-SEVEN games to go. And a load of the teams above us are tin-pot outfits we'll have NO problem beating once we're in top gear.

f*** sake, get a grip people.

Phew. Thank you, for a moment I thought I was the only one. :bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think Adams should walk around Withdean with a big heavy sandwich board around his neck saying "I'M SORRY WE'RE ONLY 14TH - I RESPECT YOU" until he apologises for his shoddy faux-pas. If he doesn't, he gets more and more little lead weights hung off the bottom off it until he says sorry and matches Dean Wilkins' last league position. HKFC gets to attach the extra weights at half time at Withdean "WHERE ARE WE MICKEY? ONLY 13th?" etc.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think Adams should walk around Withdean with a big heavy sandwich board around his neck saying "I'M SORRY WE'RE ONLY 14TH - I RESPECT YOU" until he apologises for his shoddy faux-pas. If he doesn't, he gets more and more little lead weights hung off the bottom off it until he says sorry and matches Dean Wilkins' last league position. HKFC gets to attach the extra weights at half time at Withdean "WHERE ARE WE MICKEY? ONLY 13th?" etc.

It'll only end in tears...............

Get that board down I can't see.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You're being deliberately obtuse. I wouldn't care particularly what position we are in right now, if there was a lot of evidnce to suggest it were in some way a 'false position', which is effectively what he's implying. From what I've seen there isn't, so I think his comments are ill-advised and badly timed.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I See The Usual Bullies Are Out In Force. Perhaps If Me, Garth And Hank Kraay Could Pool Our Intellectual Resources We Could See These Twats Off.

I See Us 3 As Brothers Under The Skin

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Yeah, let the new guys pass it round quite nicely then get someone to hoof it to Adam Virgo so he can head it through to their goalie.

Some of the football was an improvement on recent weeks but the fact remains we have been playing very poor teams who my Sunday league side could keep possession against...

Now now Richie, Theres no need for lies!!

:jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hans, what do you not rate about Micky?

Be honest, is it a genuine problem with Micky, or are you a Wilkins man?

I know neither of them personally, so its certainly nothing like that.

My stance. if indeed I have one, is based ENTIRELY on what I've seen with my own eyes at the 5 home league games this season.

Last season has nothing to do with it, and equally importantly, nor does Adams' last spell.

Adams' overall managerial record is average at best. The performances we've seen so far have lacked, in places application, passion and desire. The team selections have been baffling at times. The substitutions just plain wrong.

It might be more pertinent to ask what people DO rate about him?

*the only plus point has been the calibre of the players he's brought in, but then the money available is the most important factor there.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I know neither of them personally, so its certainly nothing like that.

My stance. if indeed I have one, is based ENTIRELY on what I've seen with my own eyes at the 5 home league games this season.

Last season has nothing to do with it, and equally importantly, nor does Adams' last spell.

Adams' overall managerial record is average at best. The performances we've seen so far have lacked, in places application, passion and desire. The team selections have been baffling at times. The substitutions just plain wrong.

It might be more pertinent to ask what people DO rate about him?

*the only plus point has been the calibre of the players he's brought in, but then the money available is the most important factor there.

What were wrong with the substitiues on Saturday? I thought the long ball down the wing and the back four not defending was the problem. Not the subs?

But then I guess we all have to look to blame someone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're being deliberately obtuse. I wouldn't care particularly what position we are in right now, if there was a lot of evidnce to suggest it were in some way a 'false position', which is effectively what he's implying. From what I've seen there isn't, so I think his comments are ill-advised and badly timed.

I think the number of late goals scored against us would indicate a false position in some ways, sure it is symptomatic of something wrong with our ability to close off games but generally on performances so far we could easily have 6 more points than we do, in which case no one would say it was a false position if we were in the playoffs or nearabouts.

That's a long sentence.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What were wrong with the substitiues on Saturday? I thought the long ball down the wing and the back four not defending was the problem. Not the subs?

Attempting to sit on the final lead when we had already shown that we would probably need more than one goal to be secure. Cheltenham had nothing to lose.

Taking off our best and most potent performer (Thornton) was perhaps understandable as he was on a booking, but why replace him with a defensive player and not a like-for-like replacement? It was wrong to invite them onto us.

We then took Robbie Savage off, presumably to give him an ovation, when we were not looking entirely secure. No surprise that a hole opened up and they went on to score. There was absolutely no need to take off Savage in my opinion. It unsettled our balance.

I would not have been against taking off Forster for someone like Cox and moving Virgo forward to partner Murray.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What were wrong with the substitiues on Saturday? .

Are you serious?

We were well on top against a poor side, but defending just a single goal lead. Thornton was forced off, and instead of replacing him, like for like, with one of the THREE attacking players on the bench, he chose to bring on another centre back, and tried to sit back and defend that lead.

It was a woeful decision, at the time, not just in hindsight. Everybody with half a brain in the ground knew it was the wrong decision.

I'll leave it - you're clearly on a wind up.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Are you serious?

We were well on top against a poor side, but defending just a single goal lead. Thornton was forced off, and instead of replacing him, like for like, with one of the THREE attacking players on the bench, he chose to bring on another centre back, and tried to sit back and defend that lead.

It was a woeful decision, at the time, not just in hindsight. Everybody with half a brain in the ground knew it was the wrong decision.

I'll leave it - you're clearly on a wind up.

We managed to defend okay with Fraser against Premiership oposition and so we should have been able to defend against 10 men Cheltenham. The point I was making if you watch the replay the defenders were at fault.

As Savage said after the game you see the ball into the stands with 2 minutes to go.

As for having a wind up, not with you darling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here