Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

Bollocks - has anyone at the club ever indicated publicly what the playing objectives for the next two seasons are? DK mentioned them briefly at the Fans Forum (without getting flippant btw) but that was a couple of weeks after the Argus on-line Q & A with MA.

Yes, as you have even alluded to here. It was said that the board wanted the club to kick on and be in the Championship when we get to Falmer. Is that not an objective? Again, I ask why personal objectives should be discussed in public? Are you a shareholder? If so then you should be entitled to hear more detail at the AGM, as a fan you're not entitled to hear anything of the sort. It would be nice, but business doesn't work like that.

The primary "incident" is in today's Argus, I was just quoting another and similar example of MA's approach.
Fyi, I bought my season ticket in March and at the time of purchase I had certain expectations of what might be expected this season based on the previous two. OK, that's all out of the window with the appointment of a new manager in May - no problem with this but what have I got to go on now?
Our performances in the first four home leagues have been dreadful, tactically inept and some of our substitutions bizarre - the manager has not accepted any responsibility whatsoever for this as far as I can see? Hopefully things will improve but if it's shit then (like HKFC) I don't see why I shouldn't say so.

I have no problem with people saying things are shit when they are shit. I said the same after the Walsall game, as it WAS shit. I questioned the team selection for Saturday as I didn't think it made a huge amount of sense. However using the home league performances to back up your annoyance at the flippant way that your question about objectives was rightly dealt with is bollocks.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Thats correct,

Optimism is fine and a fans prerogative, but it doesnt really make much sense.

It really doesnt follow that just because we have many games to go and some were optimistic in August, that everything pans out ok.

Of course thats the current defence of MA's supporters and only time will tell, but the only positive at present is that the board are implicated too in the current unease.

They will continue to offer MA the backing that might see more experienced, talented and very well paid players come to the club.

Where is the money coming from ? I thought we were broke ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you class Wallsall as sh*t, then you need to look at the league and check out their results.

QUOTE]

If you are genuinely going to tell me that I had no right to expect us to beat NINE men, then I think we'll end this discussion now.

Is he talking about it, though?

Is he talking about WHY we've dropped 12 home points in 5 winnable home games? Is he talking about WHY he chose to sit back on Saturday and invite Cheltenham onto us? Is he taking ANY responsibilty for our poor start?

Or is he just batting it all away, with jokey asides?

No no no and yes.
It's early in the season, he has to rebuild (DW after MM comes to mind there), players have to cotton onto what he wants, players settling in, loans ending.
What next? poor weather conditions, refereeing decisions, injuries, luck?

I don't like to hear that it's fans putting pressure on either, that's what you accept when presenting something in front of paid-up punters.
Any pressure is coming from opposing teams who are spanking the ball into the back of our net - seemingly with ease!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where is the money coming from ? I thought we were broke ???

Look I have said all along that thankfully we are a club run by rich benefactor/s, it allows us to function and sign players like Savage etc.

That is why I laugh when people mention budgets and wage structures, of course DK used that as an excuse last term, but he has been happy to deal with pesky agents and greedy players this term, hasnt he.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Is he talking about it, though?

Is he talking about WHY we've dropped 12 home points in 5 winnable home games? Is he talking about WHY he chose to sit back on Saturday and invite Cheltenham onto us? Is he taking ANY responsibilty for our poor start?

Or is he just batting it all away, with jokey asides?

no, he didn't analsye every game so far...and he didn't say 'I don't give a shit what the fans think - I KNOW BEST' which is what many people on here seem to be alluding to

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Thats correct,

Optimism is fine and a fans prerogative, but it doesnt really make much sense.

So optimism doesn't make sense? Should we all be in a state of pessimism? Neither emotion solves anything but I know which I'd rather have!

I have remained optimistic for every game I have ever watched because, even if that optimism was misplaced this week, there's always next week and so on.

And when that optimism is justified, however infrequently, it's wonderful!

I also realise, however, that we live in an age where people's demands are much greater and if we support a football club they owe us far more than just to provide 90 minutes of football in return for our purchase of a ticket.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If you class Wallsall as sh*t, then you need to look at the league and check out their results.

QUOTE]

If you are genuinely going to tell me that I had no right to expect us to beat NINE men, then I think we'll end this discussion now.

No I am not saying that, of course we should be beating 9 men. But it was you who said we should be beating "sh*t" teams. I don't see Wallsall and Scunthorpe for instance as sh*t, infact I don't really class too many teams in this division as sh*t, as much as last season any team on its day will beat another. Things will improve over 30 odd games and over the course of next season, can you not wait that long?

I have faith in Adams and can see that the 11 players that ended last season are not the 11 players Adams sees as his team and wants new additions. I don't blame him.

I find his comments funny, even more its winding up people on here too.

I could drag out threads demanding sackings for the likes of Wilkins, McGhee, Coppell and previously Adams.

Calm down dear. :lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well, have a look into your crystal ball and tell me where we will finish then? Or should I just boo the team off week in week out just in case we finish below 7th.

Maybe Adams has confidence in himself?

People on here must have huge houses, great big cars and model wifes, because boy they are f*cking hard to please come football on a Saturday afternoon. I thought the game was good value on Saturday and we haven't lost in the last 3 games. Should have had 3 wins, so I am not worrying until next year. I leave that to some people on here :D

Who knows where we will finish, but you dont need a cyrstal ball to figure out that if you dont get results throughout the season, you wont be in the hunt for the run in

I am not anti Adams, or ever have or will boo him or the team off the pitch. I hate people that are doing it now.

I am just saying you have to be in the running all season to finish up there. It is very rare you can afford to slip behind and still catch up.

I am just saying why wait til next year to worry. What is the point if we are so far behind. You cant just say which games you are going to win, so you have to be concerned with our lack of results. If we win 1 game in every 7, we are not going to be in the running next year, then you will worry

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So optimism doesn't make sense? Should we all be in a state of pessimism? Neither emotion solves anything but I know which I'd rather have!

I have remained optimistic for every game I have ever watched because, even if that optimism was misplaced this week, there's always next week and so on.

And when that optimism is justified, however infrequently, it's wonderful!

I also realise, however, that we live in an age where people's demands are much greater and if we support a football club they owe us far more than just to provide 90 minutes of football in return for our purchase of a ticket.

You have misunderstood, my fault maybe.

I was saying the current logic born from this optimism doesnt make sense.

Just because we have many games to go, it doesnt follow that we are likely move up the table, in fact it is worth recognising that this seasons relegated clubs will be where we currently stand or below and the ' to be ' promoted clubs probably not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No I am not saying that, of course we should be beating 9 men. But it was you who said we should be beating "sh*t" teams. I don't see Wallsall and Scunthorpe for instance as sh*t, infact I don't really class too many teams in this division as sh*t, as much as last season any team on its day will beat another. Things will improve over 30 odd games and over the course of next season, can you not wait that long?

Calm down dear. :lolol:

Cheltenham WERE shit, as were Bristol Rovers. Leyton Orient were toothless. Walsall had nine men.

Is so easy to just bat it away, and say its 'early'. Scunthorpe aside, we will not have an easier run of home games all season than the first 5, and we've f***ed it up.

Hopefully results will improve, yes, and I'll wait as long as takes, of course. I'm not one for moaning to be honest, and I a bit bored of this whole thread now. I don't boo at the ground. I rarely criticise on here, even, but after the frankly piss-poor management we've seen so far, I expect Adams to accept some responsiblity and start sorting it out, not tell me it doesn't matter.

And I'm perfectly calm, thanks.

Dear.

I admire him for his two fingers to the moaners!

:ohmy: You are all heart.
When McGhee said "the result didn't matter" at 1-5 down, THAT was sticking two fingers up to the moaners. Did you "admire" that?

Howabout when you go to a restaurant and the food is undercooked, tastes awful, and you complain. The chef comes out and says: "don't you think I know the food isn't good enough" takes your money and flips you off. Admiration abounding?
That new production of a Shakespeare play, you went to see at the Royal Pavilion.... it's bad, a shambles, and you tell them so. The director comes out and says "of course I know it's poor, did you expect it to be great in the first few weeks of production?" :glare:

The manager may answer to the chairman, but at the root of all their professional position is the fans, and as loyal as some might be, none of them wants to admire him flipping the moaners off if they are starting to think they might soon be moaning themselves, or are becoming even slightly disgruntled.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You have misunderstood, my fault maybe.

I was saying the current logic born from this optimism doesnt make sense.

Just because we have many games to go, it doesnt follow that we are likely move up the table, in fact it is worth recognising that this seasons relegated clubs will be where we currently stand or below and the ' to be ' promoted clubs probably not.

I did misunderstand. Apologies.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I am just saying you have to be in the running all season to finish up there. It is very rare you can afford to slip behind and still catch up.

We are only 9 games in and six points off the play offs. Huddersfield are one of the bookies favorites early doors. We beat Southend away. Look where Walsall and Scunthorpe currently are...

1 Leicester 9 3 0 1 6 2 4 1 0 11 3 12 22
2 Scunthorpe 9 3 0 1 6 3 3 1 1 12 6 9 19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Oldham 9 3 1 0 11 4 2 2 1 9 8 8 18
4 Leeds 9 2 1 1 8 6 3 1 1 8 5 5 17
5 Walsall 9 3 0 1 9 6 2 2 1 6 4 5 17
6 Millwall 9 3 1 1 7 6 2 1 1 6 5 2 17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Southend 9 3 0 1 5 2 2 1 2 10 12 1 16
8 Milton Keynes Dons 9 2 0 2 6 4 3 0 2 10 5 7 15
9 Peterborough 9 3 1 1 13 8 1 1 2 3 4 4 14
10 Stockport 9 1 3 1 5 6 2 2 0 7 3 3 14
11 Carlisle 9 3 0 2 11 8 1 1 2 5 6 2 13
12 Tranmere 9 2 0 2 8 6 2 1 2 8 10 0 13
13 Hartlepool 9 2 2 1 14 10 1 0 3 2 5 1 11
14 Brighton 9 0 3 2 5 9 2 2 0 7 4 -1 11
15 Bristol Rovers 10 1 1 2 9 7 1 3 2 11 12 1 10
16 Northampton 9 1 3 0 7 5 1 1 3 7 10 -1 10
17 Huddersfield 9 1 1 3 8 11 1 2 1 4 4 -3 9
18 Swindon 9 1 0 3 6 9 1 3 1 7 8 -4 9
19 Leyton Orient 9 1 2 2 5 9 1 1 2 2 6 -8 9
20 Colchester 9 0 2 3 2 7 2 0 2 9 10 -6 8

21 Cheltenham 10 2 1 2 7 9 0 1 4 6 17 -13 8
22 Crewe 9 2 0 3 9 10 0 1 3 4 11 -8 7
23 Yeovil 9 0 4 1 6 7 1 0 3 3 10 -8 7
24 Hereford 9 1 2 2 5 5 0 0 4 2 10 -8 5

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Cheltenham WERE shit, as were Bristol Rovers. Leyton Orient were toothless. Walsall had nine men.

Is so easy to just bat it away, and say its 'early'. Scunthorpe aside, we will not have an easier run of home games all season than the first 5, and we've f***ed it up.

Hopefully results will improve, yes, and I'll wait as long as takes, of course. I'm not one for moaning to be honest, and I a bit bored of this whole thread now. I don't boo at the ground. I rarely criticise on here, even, but after the frankly piss-poor management we've seen so far, I expect Adams to accept some responsiblity and start sorting it out, not tell me it doesn't matter.

Dear.

Cheltenham have brought some new faces in a were not the same 11 that were previously playing earlier in the season. I am not making excuses for Adams and of course I want to win week in week out, but hey I have been supporting the Albion for too long to expect that.

I will finish here and speak about this again in the new year, when the stadium is showing signs of being built and the team are on the up and we can have a big hug.

:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Dear.

This is what I think! Again!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We are only 9 games in and six points off the play offs. Huddersfield are one of the bookies favorites early doors. We beat Southend away. Look where Walsall and Scunthorpe currently are...

Yes, but it is as if everyone is assuming we are going to be in the running come the last couple of months of the season. People are forgetting we have to play and win games before then.

We play Leeds, Peterborough and Leicester this month, so it will be hard to gather momentum going into November, where of course we are due to lose Thornton, Savage and Anyinsah.

11 points from the first 9 games is not good if we have asperations of promotion this year. 1 win in 7 is not good form to take throughout the season.

I am not saying we wont come out of this rutt, I fully believe we will, but we cannot leave it too long to keep on saying "he needs time"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Dear.

That is indeed worrying, as it looked like a very easy start and good chance to pick up points. Not met Leeds, Oldham or Leicester yet *gulp*.

Cheltenham were absolutely terrible.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Howabout when you go to a restaurant and the food is undercooked, tastes awful, and you complain. The chef comes out and says: "don't you think I know the food isn't good enough" takes your money and flips you off. Admiration abounding?
That new production of a Shakespeare play, you went to see at the Royal Pavilion.... it's bad, a shambles, and you tell them so. The director comes out and says "of course I know it's poor, did you expect it to be great in the first few weeks of production?" :glare:

If I went into his restuarant every week and booed him, called him useless and then went and started polls about sacking him when he had been in the job only a few days then I 'd expect my food to taste poor. :lolol:

Got to try better than that sunshine. :wave:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
How about when you go to a restaurant and the food is undercooked, tastes awful, and you complain. The chef comes out and says: "don't you think I know the food isn't good enough" takes your money and flips you off. Admiration abounding?

Bad analogy because this is more like someone going into the greasy spoon and then complaining loudly to all and sundry outside the caff afterwards that the food wasn't up to fine dining standards.

No one has complained directly to the "chef" here; he's not saying it's acceptable; he's just saying the expectations are unreasonable at this stage of the season.

Good for him - he's aloud to have his say too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here