Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

It is all very well making a joke of it but having sat in the rain watching useless football against a poor team with only ten men excuse me if I am not laughing...

Yep.
Pointed remarks and asides at supporter's expectations won't distract from the facts - that the defense is poor, the league results disappointing and the manner of them embarrassing.
This from a team that is expected to have seen improvements, has YET to face the bigger tests in this division, and has already seemingly put a serious enough dent in a promotion chance (BY OCTOBER thankyou).

The decision to install Mr Adams was surely in hope of a home-coming revelation for the club - as well as STABILIZING the squad and reviving ticket sales. Well Mickey, that's been put to bed by now and it's only October with no wins in front of a quite-patient-and-long-suffering-actually
home crowd.

The one saving grace as far as I can see, is that any new fans gained from the ManCity result can have witnessed 6 goals and a decent attacking game on Saturday.
Better build on that then, while it's only October.

More to the point why the f*** should Adams tell anyone what expectations and objectives he's been given by the board? They are between him and the board, no one else.

That would be (without the expletive) a perfectly reasonable response imo, as would something along the lines of:
"As the Chairman has already indicated, I've been re-appointed to further take the team forward as the move to Falmer approaches and I would hope to have us in the (eg) Championship when we re-locate."

Smartarse, flippant, jokey comments from MA I don't buy, particularly as I've coughed up the £400+ cost of a season ticket - and for what exactly? Is it the load of shit we've already seen vs Bristol/Orient/Scunthorpe/Walsall or have I missed something? Please tell me Mr A.

Que ???

Whats on an individual basis ?

I know that crowds are down, but individual basis !!

Many companies in the services sector work closely with their customers to create a partnership with shared interests and objectives. It shouldn't really be too different in the context of a football club - after all, we all want the same thing. In both areas there are also people whose expectations are greater or lesser than others. Those with higher expectations are usually the first to complain when things don't go well.

The tipping point comes when there is a general view that the objectives aren't being met. We haven't reached that yet, but if this slide down the league continues it might not be much longer. At the moment it's our cup success and away form that's keeping us in credit - but that may have changed by Sunday.

Perhaps this needs to be explained clearer. As a company then yes, objectives are discussed with shareholders (if applicable) and sometimes customers to try to achieve an improved customer experience. However, individual objectives, whether they be for senior management, or the most junior staff are not generally discussed with anyone outside of the internal heirachy.

The point was Adams was asked about the objectives he had been set, and the timescales around them and he shrugged the question off. As I would expect from any manager, and in fact any one at all asked the same question by people that would like to know the answers, but have absolutely no right to know. if you asked me about the objectives set by my boss I'd give you a similar nonsense answer.

That would be (without the expletive) a perfectly reasonable response imo, as would something along the lines of:
"As the Chairman has already indicated, I've been re-appointed to further take the team forward as the move to Falmer approaches and I would hope to have us in the (eg) Championship when we re-locate."

Smartarse, flippant, jokey comments from MA I don't buy, particularly as I've coughed up the £400+ cost of a season ticket - and for what exactly? Is it the load of shit we've already seen vs Bristol/Orient/Scunthorpe/Walsall or have I missed something? Please tell me Mr A.

Why should he bother repeating what had already been said? He'd be criticised then for not giving a different answer. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Don't bring the recent home games into all this either as the incident you refer to came in pre season.

Fine. I'm taking your inability to name names as an admittance that there is not a massive Adams out campaign, just a fair amount of questioning wha has gone on so far this season.

What exactly do you want? Names, seat numbers and inside leg measurements from everyone at Withdean that has said something along those lines already this season? There have been a few too. Funnily enough I don't personally the entire fan base.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't know anybody that wants Adams out, for what it's worth.

Mind you, if I did, I'd assume they were mentally unhinged!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What exactly do you want? Names, seat numbers and inside leg measurements from everyone at Withdean that has said something along those lines already this season? There have been a few too. Funnily enough I don't personally the entire fan base.

Posters on here would be a start, but you're not coming up with any names. I'm just pointing out that whilst there is a fair amount of dissention in the ranks, there is not a huge Adams out brigade. There is a big difference. People are unhappy with performances, baffled by team selections and want to see improvements. IMHO they are not calling for Mickey's head, just frustrated and keen to see some progression.

McGhee ws the last manager to be under any kind of pressure from the fans. There is a big difference.

Posters on here would be a start, but you're not coming up with any names. I'm just pointing out that whilst there is a fair amount of dissention in the ranks, there is not a huge Adams out brigade. There is a big difference. People are unhappy with performances, baffled by team selections and want to see improvements. IMHO they are not calling for Mickey's head, just frustrated and keen to see some progression.

McGhee ws the last manager to be under any kind of pressure from the fans. There is a big difference.

At what point did I say there was a huge Adams out campaign? The pressure that McGhee was under started off with a couple of people, it wasn't an immediate thing at all. I'm not naming names, I don't see the point. Search Adams out if you can be arsed. There will be more than one.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think people are disappointed with the start at the moment, not necessarily the league position that can change of course, but the quality of play has been very basic and some are wondering whether we have gone backwards in terms of how we play.

The longer ball game and 'up and at em' game seems slightly outdated and some have voiced their concerns.

I think that there might be some people that want him out, but it aint gonna happen and it does seem the board will back him to the hilt and thankfully players make teams and in the end if we get enough good players we will start to win games, irrespective of whom is the manager.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Posters on here would be a start, but you're not coming up with any names. I'm just pointing out that whilst there is a fair amount of dissention in the ranks, there is not a huge Adams out brigade..

I couldnt name names either, but there were a few calling for Adams to resign in the H block after the Walsall game. They are the same people that booed after every game at Withdean, and were singing about promotion with about 10 mins to go in the Cheltenham game.

They were probably the first people on the pitch revelling in the glory of the Man City game too.

the adams weekly poll - North Stand Chat

adams out - North Stand Chat

Are You Keeping The Faith ?. - North Stand Chat

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“I honestly didn’t realise I had to be seventh by the beginning of October, so I do apologise to people if that was the case.”

:clap2: :lol:

There's only Mickey Adams! :lol:

A league win might be nice though.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Adams can f***ing DO ONE, if he's going to take that attitude. The home performances and results have been SHOCKING. We have the second worst home record in the league, and its not acceptable.

In tickets and petrol, its cost me over £200 so far this season, to watch 5 games. The first 2 were tedious beyond belief, the next two were embarrassing, and just the one entertaining, though ultimately frustrating.

I love the Albion, and that's why I [and the rest of you] do it, but flippant comments like Adams' today get right on my tits. He's served up a load of shit, and could at the very least show a little humility.

I'm glad some of you find it funny. I don't.

I think what he is saying is that these things take time. We have knocked Man City out the cup and thrashed Barnet. I thought we played well on Saturday, a couple spots of poor defending cost us dearly.

Please do not forget you are watching a league one side with no money. Not Chelsea. sometimes people do need to sit up and smell the coffee.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Fair play. The top one doesn't realy tell you anything as there is not enough of a sample.

The bottom poll shows 11% saying out (8 voters in total)

The middle one has 15% says Adams out and was conducted after the Walsall debacle. There are a few of the usuaul suspects in there (serial moaners), plus a few disaffected DW fans (BigGully for example):

alethialtd, BigGully, bojans right foot, BRIGHT ON Q, Carrot Cruncher, deano seagulls, El Turi, elwheelio, Ernest, essbee, Freddo, Giant Seagull, Gordon the Gopher, Icy Gull, Jim D, Man of Harveys, n1 gull, NS Herald, sir albion, SirDouglasLoft, Snoobs`Seagull, The Lemming Stomper, The Merry Prankster, veade, vulture, Withdean Wanderer, Zebedee

So come on you lot - are you seriously suggesting we should sack the manager after nine games or was that a knee jerk reaction?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here