Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ah, but you're such a newbie on here :clique: - he - and Alan Cork even more so - used to come out with irritating crap all the time first time round. And his first season then wasn't much better than this one, with last-minute defeats a feature of it. It's Adams being Adams. That's what he does, that's what he's like.

I pay good money to watch us too and the home effort has been crap so far. But I can't see any point in ranting away at the start of October, apart from, of course, maybe making people feel better. I bet it's nothing compared to the ranting he did in the portakabins on Saturday.

*pulls hand away from dog's gnashing teeth*

I'm not ranting at all. Nor am I panicking about the results. I'm just pissed off with Adams.

I'm pissed off with his attitude. 'Ha ha, silly little fans, what do they know about anything? Stupid idiots moaning about the league position after 9 games. Don't they realise that getting 3 points from 5 home games is irrelevant in the long term. Things will pick up, probably. What does it matter if they've sat through a load of shit all season? f***'em I say"

Aren't we at a similar stage as we were this time last season? (Genuine question). I

Quite probably. I don't recall the manager at the time, making jokey comments about it, though.

7/10/2007
P10 W4 D2 L2 Pts 14 Average gate 5680

7/10/2008
P9 W2 D5 L2 Pts 11 Average gate 5990

I asked MA on the pre-season Argus message board thingy (the same one where he accussed Mendoza of being negative) what objectives, if any, he had been set by the board for this season, the next two and the likely/expected delivery timescales. The manager's response was that delivery and timescales were dependant upon the postal service being used by the ticket office. Absolutely hilarious eh?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I think it was a poor quote as an aside, and Adams thought he was being funny. What really worries me is that we are now being a lot more popularist with the press than with Wilkins, eg. the practical joke on Savage in the paper.

I don't like The Argus sports page as it stands at present, and that is why I rarley buy the paper, and this looks like cheap easy journalism, as the paper is losing readers by the day.

I missed this practical joke. What was it about?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
7/10/2007
P10 W4 D2 L2 Pts 14 Average gate 5680

7/10/2008
P9 W2 D5 L2 Pts 11 Average gate 5990

I asked MA on the pre-season Argus message board thingy (the same one where he accussed Mendoza of being negative) what objectives, if any, he had been set by the board for this season, the next two and the likely/expected delivery timescales. The manager's response was that delivery and timescales were dependant upon the postal service being used by the ticket office. Absolutely hilarious eh?

Yes that comment was rather facetious but "delivery timescales"?

It's a football club, not Currys!

Yes that comment was rather facetious but "delivery timescales"?

It's a football club, not Currys!

More to the point why the f*** should Adams tell anyone what expectations and objectives he's been given by the board? They are between him and the board, no one else. If those objectives are revealed then that places undue pressure on both Adams and the board when fans decide that the objectives are not going to be achieved, a bit like some on here have been saying as we're not top of the league already.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
It is all very well making a joke of it but having sat in the rain watching useless football against a poor team with only ten men excuse me if I am not laughing...

Oh lighten up, it's a joke. It wasn't useless football at all, I actually thought we played well apart from a few spells, it was an entertaining game with 6 goals, and you've just been blinded by the last goal that went in. If it hadn't everyone would of said the football was good, because it was.

I'm pissed off with his attitude. 'Ha ha, silly little fans, what do they know about anything? Stupid idiots moaning about the league position after 9 games. Don't they realise that getting 3 points from 5 home games is irrelevant in the long term. Things will pick up, probably. What does it matter if they've sat through a load of shit all season? f***'em I say"

I don't see it like that at all. It IS only 9 GAMES in, and it IS totally RIDICULOUS for people to be questioning his position at this stage. FFS are we really more fickle than Spurs or Newcastle fans? Do you think he doesn't know that our home form isn't good enough? I'm pretty sure he knows, and I'm certain that he's made the point to the players. As much as we keep telling fucktard Leeds fans that they don't have a divine right to be in the Champions League, or even the Championship the same goes for us. We need to give the manager, whoever it is, time to get things right. IF the BOARD decide that something isn't right for the club then they will get shot, but calling for a managers head after 9 f***ing games is a joke.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Some of you are taking this comment way too seriously. Adams isn't making excuses for the way we've played nor mocking the fact we all pay a lot of money to go and watch. They all go out to do their best, the manager and the team, so when they don't get the results or play well, they're just as gutted as the rest of us. With the absurd comments that have been said over the last few weeks, Adams has every right to say something like that when all people are doing is calling for him to leave (after 9!!! league games).

Just like the Matt Richards incident, one rule for them, one rule for you. You can say what you like, but dare anyone say anything back, the outrage!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is all very well making a joke of it but having sat in the rain watching useless football against a poor team with only ten men excuse me if I am not laughing...

That's just not true. We were the better side for 70 minutes, the last 20 were poor.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't see it like that at all. It IS only 9 GAMES in, and it IS totally RIDICULOUS for people to be questioning his position at this stage. FFS are we really more fickle than Spurs or Newcastle fans? Do you think he doesn't know that our home form isn't good enough? I'm pretty sure he knows, and I'm certain that he's made the point to the players. As much as we keep telling fucktard Leeds fans that they don't have a divine right to be in the Champions League, or even the Championship the same goes for us. We need to give the manager, whoever it is, time to get things right. IF the BOARD decide that something isn't right for the club then they will get shot, but calling for a managers head after 9 f***ing games is a joke.

I'm not calling for his head. I'm asking that he stop being a prick.

I'm not calling for his head. I'm asking that he stop being a prick.

He's responding to the fuckwits that ARE calling for his head. In October. After 9 GAMES. Only 2 that have been LOST. And after beating Crewe where our record is abysmal, and Sarfend who many expected to be up there, and CITY. Personally I think he's right. I see it as a response to idiots rather than a dismissal of fans.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think Adams is smearing over the fact its gonna be hard work to get 7th/above from now on. We've dropped too many points at home to be worthy of automatic promotion IMO. If we are to do that we need to win 95% of the remaining home games or thereabouts, that does'nt leave much rrom for more dropped points and a potential Play-Off spot.

He needs to realise that he has to do better than 7th to be succesful this season, afterall he was brought in to get us promotion not finish outside the top ten!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
calling for a managers head after 9 f***ing games is a joke.

Who's calling for his head? I think I have seen one post on here suggesting he should go (WW I think). People on here have questioned some of the things going on, but calling for his head after nine games? Do give us some credit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here