Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tsk, of course it isn't. It's evidence that he's a stroppy little fucker (we knew that) with a sharp turn of phrase (which generally isn't a bad thing) who isn't doing as well as he, or indeed the rest of us, would like. And that's about it. Yes, 1-2 of his tactics seem pretty dodgy, notably the Virgo thing, but to suggest he's being inconsiderately headstrong is a bit daft really, given that we've all seen in the past how much success at this club can mean to him.

Well whoopy f***ing do. Of course it means a lot to him. Its his career. How else would he get better offers to scurry off to?

All I ask is that he also pay some consideration to what it means to US.

I don't care that we're not 7th. I care that the football has been shit, that the results have been shit, that his team selection and tactics have been shit, and that he doesn't appear to want to take responsibility for any of that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think there's been a massive over reaction to what was really a throw away quote. I'm not a big fan of Adams but to read that he "doesn't give a shit" into his comments is stretching the imagination big time. I thought it was quite humorous give the debates on here over the last few days.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well whoopy f***ing do. Of course it means a lot to him. Its his career. How else would he get better offers to scurry off to?

All I ask is that he also pay some consideration to what it means to US.

I don't care that we're not 7th. I care that the football has been shit, that the results have been shit, that his team selection and tactics have been shit, and that he doesn't appear to want to take responsibility for any of that.
OK...I'm just going to go and, erm, see someone else, about something *tiptoes away from scary shouty bloke*

Hey f*** it - we'll remember this wobbling when we get promoted.*

*I'm just not saying when that might be

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think Shankly's infamous quote is one Mr. Adams should remember how some of the fans, and the paying public feel about the game before he gives off the cuff quotes.

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we play in the main like we did against Cheltenham [ defending apart ] we will rise up the league. Play-offs ? Maybe.

Adams like all managers does say some things that piss me off a little though.

I remember after a 2-1 defeat against Scunthorpe during his last reign here when he labelled the team southern softies. That annoyed me but we did go up that year so I forgave him.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is the Adams I want back, Brash, Cocky and Full of himself. Welcome back Micky :thumbsup:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Adams can f***ing DO ONE, if he's going to take that attitude. The home performances and results have been SHOCKING. We have the second worst home record in the league, and its not acceptable.

In tickets and petrol, its cost me over £200 so far this season, to watch 5 games. The first 2 were tedious beyond belief, the next two were embarrassing, and just the one entertaining, though ultimately frustrating.

I love the Albion, and that's why I [and the rest of you] do it, but flippant comments like Adams' today get right on my tits. He's served up a load of shit, and could at the very least show a little humility.

I'm glad some of you find it funny. I don't.

Well said. Cheeky fucker. We've had relatively easy fixtures and done very poorly. He should be apologising to the fans for the performances and reassuring us that things will get better, not "giving us the middle finger".

Use the next interview to justify to us why you keep playing Adam Virgo in midfield rather than an exercise in inflating your ego.

Aren't we at a similar stage as we were this time last season? (Genuine question). I seem to remember driving the 50 odd miles home thinking that we were dreadful on many, many occasions. It's only October, we've only lost 2 games-start getting concerned if things haven't improved by Christmas.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Someone beat me too it?
It could be a good thing though - I'll bet the board are much happier releasing the purse strings for Mickey Adams' playing budget than they would have been for Dean Wilkins.

And seemingly, that is what it's going to take IMO.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quite probably. I don't recall the manager at the time, making jokey comments about it, though.

Its his defence mechanism though Hansy.
He could have said that things will improve as its early days amd his cliche could have been the marathon/sprint one.
Maybe we will get the humility after saturdays trouncing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
First time, in the time I've been posting on here, that an Albion manager has taken me for a mug.

Ah, but you're such a newbie on here :clique: - he - and Alan Cork even more so - used to come out with irritating crap all the time first time round. And his first season then wasn't much better than this one, with last-minute defeats (not even draws) a feature of it. It's Adams being Adams. That's what he does, that's what he's like.

I pay good money to watch us too and the home effort has been crap so far. But I can't see any point in ranting away at the start of October, apart from, of course, maybe making people feel better. I bet it's nothing compared to the ranting he did in the portakabins on Saturday.

*pulls hand away from dog's gnashing teeth*

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here