Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Why not; like Curry's, BHA is a business and the management/staff performance should be measured against agreed objectives shouldn't they?

But you can't compare a football team with a fridge.

If the fridge is in stock and the lorry is driveable, it can be delivered on the promised day.

Football results are based on a much more complex series of criteria. Players and managers are human beings, not machines. They want to deliver but there are so many factors involved, including the opposition and how they play on the day, good luck, bad luck and, yes, mistakes. No-one knows when any of these things is going to happen and to what extent.

So setting delivery timescales would, to me, be at best pure guesswork and at worst irresponsible.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Who's calling for his head? I think I have seen one post on here suggesting he should go (WW I think). People on here have questioned some of the things going on, but calling for his head after nine games? Do give us some credit.

Is this a joke?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Given that he did not face the radio interview on Saturday and now chooses to be 'flippant' about our league position and his targets - I think he is getting pee'd off with the fans.

I recall in his previous tenure he lost his rag after a defaet at home to Kidderminster...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But you can't compare a football team with a fridge.

If the fridge is in stock and the lorry is driveable, it can be delivered on the promised day.

Football results are based on a much more complex series of criteria. Players and managers are human beings, not machines. They want to deliver but there are so many factors involved, including the opposition and how they play on the day, good luck, bad luck and, yes, mistakes. No-one knows when any of these things is going to happen and to what extent.

So setting delivery timescales would, to me, be at best pure guesswork and at worst irresponsible.

I`ve just booked a 3-1 for the Albion to be delivered to us in the next 14 days.

See it can be done.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
This is the Adams I want back, Brash, Cocky and Full of himself. Welcome back Micky :thumbsup:

It wasn't long ago people were complaining that Micky was to quiet and not his old self. Now one throw away comment in the press and people get on his back!

Knight knew what he was getting when he reappointed him, and he is seemingly the one reason why most of our recent signings have joined the club. You win f*** all in Autumn and things were not great this stage last time round under Adams, but he turned it round then.

Start criticising in Spring if we are in the same position

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
That's one indvidual, who was probably somewhat pissed off by one of the recent home performances. It's hardly a thousand people staying behind after the final whistle to vent their spleen is it?

There are loads of people saying it, at games and on here!

That's one indvidual, who was probably somewhat pissed off by one of the recent home performances. It's hardly a thousand people staying behind after the final whistle to vent their spleen is it?

Not the point. There have been enough people venting, criticising, bitching and moaning on here already. It is 9 games in. Get some f***ing perspective.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Which fans were demanding we are above 7th in October? It's May we need to be above 7th.
Actions speak louder than words Mick

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yes, but do you honestly expect the staff and management of Currys to discuss their objectives with customers?

Many companies in the services sector work closely with their customers to create a partnership with shared interests and objectives. It shouldn't really be too different in the context of a football club - after all, we all want the same thing. In both areas there are also people whose expectations are greater or lesser than others. Those with higher expectations are usually the first to complain when things don't go well.

The tipping point comes when there is a general view that the objectives aren't being met. We haven't reached that yet, but if this slide down the league continues it might not be much longer. At the moment it's our cup success and away form that's keeping us in credit - but that may have changed by Sunday.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not the point. There have been enough people venting, criticising, bitching and moaning on here already. It is 9 games in. Get some f***ing perspective.

But hold on here.

I accept, there are many many points to play for and some have been totally undewhelmed by our previous performances.

But before you lambast these people, you must acknowledge that Adams himself shares that view.

He is looking for more players and the board is backing him with real funds, why ?

Because he knows that what he had thought would pan out at the beginning of the season hasnt happened and without further talent he cannot see any likely improvement on last season.

Some are only sharing a view that is also held within the club.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

It is the point, your point in fact. Your implying that there are a load of people calling for MA's head. I'm suggesting that that isn't the case. People are merely frustrated by some of the performances and decisions and voicing their opinions, not calling for the managers head... so get some f***ing perspective yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here