Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought that generally the football was quite good against Cheltenham, the best we have played in the league at home this season. It was the abysmal defending for the last few minutes that ruined it all.

Yeah, let the new guys pass it round quite nicely then get someone to hoof it to Adam Virgo so he can head it through to their goalie.

Some of the football was an improvement on recent weeks but the fact remains we have been playing very poor teams who my Sunday league side could keep possession against...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
.......people who have no clue about football management telling me how to do my job.......

You think he doesn't get that every day from the people who pay his wages?

Reading NSC wouldn't be any worse - and some of the posts are actually entertaining.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adams can f***ing DO ONE, if he's going to take that attitude. The home performances and results have been SHOCKING. We have the second worst home record in the league, and its not acceptable.

In tickets and petrol, its cost me over £200 so far this season, to watch 5 games. The first 2 were tedious beyond belief, the next two were embarrassing, and just the one entertaining, though ultimately frustrating.

I love the Albion, and that's why I [and the rest of you] do it, but flippant comments like Adams' today get right on my tits. He's served up a load of shit, and could at the very least show a little humility.

I'm glad some of you find it funny. I don't.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You think he doesn't get that every day from the people who pay his wages?

Reading NSC wouldn't be any worse - and some of the posts are actually entertaining.

He doesn't have a choice in who pays his wages, but he has a choice when it comes to NSC!

And as for entertaining posts, I agree with you, but there are far fewer now than there used to be and there is much more moaning.

Adams can f***ing DO ONE, if he's going to take that attitude. The home performances and results have been SHOCKING. We have the second worst home record in the league, and its not acceptable.

In tickets and petrol, its cost me over £200 so far this season, to watch 5 games. The first 2 were tedious beyond belief, the next two were embarrassing, and just the one entertaining, though ultimately frustrating.

I love the Albion, and that's why I [and the rest of you] do it, but flippant comments like Adams' today get right on my tits. He's served up a load of shit, and could at the very least show a little humility.

Spoken like a real fan and MA should wind his neck in :clap::clap::clap:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Man City? Or does that not count because it's not a league game.

I really can't see it as such a crime. In my opinion the
7th place is a total irrelevance and so is MA's comment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The differnce is I have faith in Adams. I did not in Wilkins. I will bet you £ 50 we finish 6th or higher this season.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am seriously tempted, not sure I can afford 50 though. How about we make it 20 and the money goes to Ref.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How about we make it 20 and the money goes to Ref.
Good idea. It's about time we started bribing them to blow up a minute earlier.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man City? Or does that not count because it's not a league game.

I really can't see it as such a crime. In my opinion the
7th place is a total irrelevance and so is MA's comment.

No, it doesn't count in the GAMES I'VE SEEN, because I've only been to the league games.

And Adams' comment is far from irrelevant. It is evidence that he doesn't give a f*** about the paying customers. How is that irrelevant?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No we should be second or third at this stage you stupid nothern monkey.

You put out poor teams, poor substitutions, poor tactics, poor football.

Overall NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And Adams' comment is far from irrelevant. It is evidence that he doesn't give a f*** about the paying customers. How is that irrelevant?
Tsk, of course it isn't. It's evidence that he's a stroppy little fucker (we knew that) with a sharp turn of phrase (which generally isn't a bad thing) who isn't doing as well as he, or indeed the rest of us, would like. And that's about it. Yes, 1-2 of his tactics seem pretty dodgy, notably the Virgo thing, but to suggest he's being inconsiderately headstrong is a bit daft really, given that we've all seen in the past how much success at this club can mean to him.

Last edited:

From the heart HK - and well said. I didn't go on Saturday but the prior league performances have been absolute rubbish at Withdean and, apart from Crewe, not much better in the other two away games I've seen either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
“I honestly didn’t realise I had to be seventh by the beginning of October, so I do apologise to people if that was the case.”

:clap2: :lol:

There's only Mickey Adams! :lol:
Did he also comment on the absolutely shit value for money his management has provided to season ticket holders so far? You know, with not with winning EVER and playing absolute toilet in every league game with the possible exception of the Cheltenham game?

:clap2: :lol:

There's only Mickey Adams! :tosser:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think it was a poor quote as an aside, and Adams thought he was being funny. What really worries me is that we are now being a lot more popularist with the press than with Wilkins, eg. the practical joke on Savage in the paper.

I don't like The Argus sports page as it stands at present, and that is why I rarley buy the paper, and this looks like cheap easy journalism, as the paper is losing readers by the day.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

OK, you see it that way, I don't at all. I see it irrelevant because I don't see that it shows he doesn't care about the customers. If he'd said he was happy with 14th place, that would be different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here