Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Adams today....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We managed to defend okay with Fraser against Premiership oposition and so we should have been able to defend against 10 men Cheltenham. The point I was making if you watch the replay the defenders were at fault.

You're missing the point entirely. We shouldn't have needed to be continually defending. If we'd continued to take the game to them, we would have taken three points.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You're missing the point entirely. We shouldn't have needed to be continually defending. If we'd continued to take the game to them, we would have taken three points.

Depends on how you read the game then isn't it. You can try attacking when 3-2 up or defend. Cheltenham weren't going to sit back when they had nothing to lose, so you can try and hit them on the counter or push forward.

I am glad we've spent so much time going over this. I am even feeling a warm tingle from some of your patronising comments. :lol:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Bad analogy. The latter is down to luck, the former is not.

Luck or otherwise, you were still predicting the future by saying if we had taken the game to Cheltenham we would have won. What guarantees that? We might have scored two more goals...or we might have scored none and conceded a breakaway goal.

Might have, not would have.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't see Micky as the sort of guy to tolerate shit for too long. Notice the way he's abandoned Cox and Robinson already. Now I'm not saying they're shit

You may not be, but a lot of people are.

Luckily Micky has seen the lack of application and has dealt with it accordingly. For that alone, I will support Micky. :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What the f*** is your problem? Is he not allowed to express his opinion on a debatable substitution decision on an internet message board?

Get back to being Bars.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think you misunderstand me a bit. I was PRAISING Micky for dumping them both. I think both have talent, particularly Robinson, but application is the problem. Until they learn to do it every week they shouldn't be involved. I was saying that, in my opinion, Micky has done well to not tolerate this for long and instead seek replacements. Wilkins would not have.

No, I fully understood where you were coming from.!

I think both Robinson and Cox have had ample time to establish themselves as valuable squad members. I'm in the camp that believe they have *limited* talent and with our aspirations of Championship football I feel it's time to say adios to the pair of them, certainly at the end of the season.

I'm disappointed in Robinson because I felt we had a real star in the making when he broke through into the first team.

However using the home league performances to back up your annoyance at the flippant way that your question about objectives was rightly dealt with is bollocks.

Bollocks certainly but actually:
Using the home league performances to back up my annoyance at a flippant and glib comment attributed to the manager in today's Argus and then quoting how a previously asked question about personal/team objectives was treated in a similarly facetious way.

Off to the game now, back tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here