Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 07-09/07/20

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The total number of points won by the bottom 5 since the restart = x
The total number of points brighton have won since the restart = y
Since Bournemouth gained a point this evening, is x 1 more than y?

That makes less sense than wot I rote.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Beyond surreal......it wasn't a penalty, but it went through a VAR review???! Come on Keane, call that, don't say the defender was clumsy. Bullshit.

VAR can only overall the ref in that instance if it was a clear and obvious error by the ref. Given there was reasonable contact inside the area with the defending player not getting the ball, VAR was correct in staying with the on field decision - I agree with VAR in this respect. Keane said it wasn't a penalty. I'm not sure what more you want!?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A quick glance at Villatalk yields a number of their fans suggesting Manchester Utd will buy Mings in the Summer. Most deluded fans in the PL. I will be glad to see the back of them.

He'd certainly fit in with a host of a horrific centre back signings in recent years.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
VAR can only overall the ref in that instance if it was a clear and obvious error by the ref. Given there was reasonable contact inside the area with the defending player not getting the ball, VAR was correct in staying with the on field decision - I agree with VAR in this respect. Keane said it wasn't a penalty. I'm not sure what more you want!?

Clear and obvious? Like when someone’s toenail was offside, that clear and obvious thing has proven to be total rubbish throughout the whole season, the penalty we got against Everton being the prime example. The Villa defender didn’t even make a tackle and Fernandes trod on him, there’s no excusing that decision. It’s wrong.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The change in Villa since that (laughably shit) penalty decision is unbelievable.

Watching them walk around looking disinterested reminds me a lot of losing 0-5 at home to Stoke in McGhee's last game in charge.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Strangely (given I want Villa gone), I believe the VAR should have overturned Jon Moss's bizarre decision. If that's not worth overturning, then nothing is.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With Bournemouth's point tonight does that mean all the 5 (five) teams below us have now taken 1 more restart point, than the Albion?

Annotation 2020-07-09 213154.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Clear and obvious? Like when someone’s toenail was offside, that clear and obvious thing has proven to be total rubbish throughout the whole season, the penalty we got against Everton being the prime example. The Villa defender didn’t even make a tackle and Fernandes trod on him, there’s no excusing that decision. It’s wrong.

Spot on. The Villa defender set himself to block, and Fernandes's momentum took him into him, terrible decision. A PRIME example of when the ref should clearly have gone over to the pitchside monitor to check/review his decision on the advice of VAR. But no.

I'm grateful in this game, mind. But its just yet another incident to add to the catalogue of evidence that proves that VAR is a crock of steaming shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Captain Grealish skips out of the way of Pogba's shot, jumping out of the way and turning his back. 0-3.

They are a dismal outfit.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bye bye, Villa. See you soon.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its pleasing that the bottom 3 have only gained 1 point on us in spite of last nights result and that our goal difference didnt take the massive hit it could've done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here