Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 07-09/07/20

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
United looking pretty tired

If only they had £10m’s worth of subs to call upon.

DF91DD24-7149-4794-A314-0EDBB9959A46.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"I can see why he's given it" as Dermot would say when he disagrees with a decision but is trying to stick up for his men. How many times do we see free kicks given elsewhere on the pitch where a defender is chasing back, the attack gets in front of him and the defender accidentally catches him? They're usually given because there is an obligation not to trip (even accidentally) an opponent when you are behind them. Even if the defender was beside them and the attacker changes his run across the defender's path. The villa defender couldn't stop himself sliding into where Bruno was moving with the ball.

Absolutely a soft penalty, and my instinct was that Bruno was trying to be too cute, but considering the above, on reflection I understand why he gave it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Reminds me of the goal united scored against us that looked marginal offside wise, they barely even looked at the goal. Similar to that... at least have a good look like they do with every other incident.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Seems to me that VAR didn’t want to embarrass the ref.

Refs looking after each other.

Instead of embarrassing the ref, they’ve embarrassed themselves. He’s basically jumped on the guy’s shin and got a penalty out of it. They either use VAR or don’t - they can’t have it both ways. I’m in the don’t use camp.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Do you need to sign Grealish when you have Greenwood?

Perhaps a season or two in the Championship will learn Sockboy a little humility?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well. I hope Villa get humped tonight but at the weekend they get a draw while kicking the fukk out of their opponents.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope City turn up in the same half arsed mode United have been in so far. Biggest problem with Potterball is that top teams love playing a team who go toe to toe with them. This United performance is so far removed on how they played against us, they are not enjoying themselves

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I wonder at what point the PL realise that it's credibility is at stake with VAR. The game's fast becoming ridiculous.

If you can't have confidence in the referees doing their impartial, expert best..........then why bother watching. Or betting.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mings :facepalm: fantastic defending. Sure to be in the next England squad.
My feed froze on the goal replay as Greenwood hit that shot, Mings was holding his balls and the look on his face was priceless.*

Mings was holding his own tackle......not Greenwood's :D

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Well that’s game,set and match then

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
My feed froze on the goal replay as Greenwood hit that shot, Mings was holding his balls and the look on his face was priceless.*

Mings was holding his own tackle......not Greenwood's :D

Are you sure it froze? Mings was a statue :D

Edit Keane ripping into him now lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here