Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 07-09/07/20

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Evra is having a laugh saying definite penalty....Sky taking the piss having two ex MU in the studio and another co commentating ...shocking bias

On a separate note ‘super’ Jack seems to be quite average Jack at the mo

Pretty tough carrying a team all season.

He REALLY needs a change. He needs to be in a better team - I think there's an England player in there.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pretty tough carrying a team all season.

He REALLY needs a change. He needs to be in a better team - I think there's an England player in there.

Absolutely this. Villa have taken 2pts from 30 i believe. Must be soul destroying having garbage players around you.

Grealish has carried that team. He will comfortably walk into a big club. He is an excellent player. Head and shoulders over anything we have in midfield

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely this. Villa have taken 2pts from 30 i believe. Must be soul destroying having garbage players around you.

Grealish has carried that team. He will comfortably walk into a big club. He is an excellent player. Head and shoulders over anything we have in midfield

Said it before, I would swap Stephens or Propper for him in a heartbeat.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
R5 or TS, with football writers and an ex-player or two, very recently analysed the difference just now between ManU and Arsenal. Two clubs ten years ago always there or thereabouts at the top of the English football tree, followed by years of relatively hard times. The question - why are ManU now rising and Arsenal far behind them?

The conclusion - money.

ManU, despite theIr fans deeming the Glazers tight fisted, keep spending £100m’s on players. The second most expensive on the planet. Their words, not mine, “Spending that on players, they were going to come good eventually”.

Imho, only ManC, Bayern, Real and Barca can live in that spending company. Hence they are all trophy gatherers.

Whilst Arsenal dine at a different table. Relying now on Arteta being a part alchemist.

At the end of the day its all about the money

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
After a rocky period Solksjaer does seem to be getting them going in the right direction. I think they would be better if they dumped Pogba - he is way too much of a distraction for the little he brings on the pitch.

“For the little he brings on the pitch”

Seriously?! What absolute tosh. World cup winning midfielder Pogba is an outstanding player. He carried United last season and now with better, on form players around to support him he is truly showing his class. Magnificent player.

theboybilly

Greenwood really is sensational isn't he ? Ripped us a new one last week, smashed the muff, and led Villa a merry dance with another brilliant strike. He looks the Real Deal, and has a years practice to get in before the Euro's. I thought Ole might be overhyping him a tad, but now I'm not so sure. He's a beast of a striker.

And never got a look in against our very own Haydon Roberts in last seasons FA Youth Cup away tie :clap2:

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

I'd swap them BOTH for #sock boy

Stephens isn't prem quality and Propper has too many flaws in his game for Potter.

I don't think we'll see them again in the stripes next season.

Just my opinion like.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Stephens isn't prem quality and Propper has too many flaws in his game for Potter.

Just my opinion like.

“It’s credit to the individuals and the club itself. What they look for in players and when they bring players to the club....It’s real professionals, no one with egos, a no d***heads policy. Everyone who comes in is entrenched in what they have to do and has the right attitude." - Mat Ryan

Dale and Davy both passed the test, have served well and will continue to serve well. They'll go when it suits them and/or the club. Grealish may be supremely talented, but he is the antithesis of the type of personality we need to maintain and build on what has been achieved at Brighton. He's at the club he has supported all his life, he is their captain, playing the best he has ever done and is being touted for England. Yet, with all this positive stuff going in his favour, he is still unable to show that he could meet the standard described by Mat Ryan. He should go and replace Zaha at Palace. He'd think it was beneath him and would sulk massively, whilst pocketing a stupid wage that they couldn't afford to pay him. He'd be an ideal replacement, as most of us despise him already.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Just my opinion like.

They dont play the same positions. Closest would be swapping Gross or Mooy. Or are you going for a team full of AMs because that might look pretty but wont work.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Code:
Not worth a thread of it’s own so this seems as good a place as any to put this admission that VAR got it wrong in all three games last night. What an absolute shambles. I only saw the United one and that was an unforgivable decision imo. It was so obviously not a penalty that questions need to be asked about the honesty of the VAR officials

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Something is very wrong at the root of VAR as I find it hard to believe that anyone who "knows" football could have given those three decisions the way they were given, and have given them honestly.
At its basest level VAR is just a supposedly knowledgeable, unbiased bloke/woman (?) looking at an incident replayed multiple times from multiple angles and at multiple speeds on a screen. These weren't offside decisions measured in microns.
Those decisions might have been given by my ex wife whose understanding of football was limited but to see them given by an officially appointed VAR guy raises concerns and questions.
I'm pretty certain my ex wife wasn't the VAR guy yesterday??!

Last edited:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Code:
Not worth a thread of it’s own so this seems as good a place as any to put this admission that VAR got it wrong in all three games last night. What an absolute shambles. I only saw the United one and that was an unforgivable decision imo. It was so obviously not a penalty that questions need to be asked about the honesty of the VAR officials

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

And yet here is Peter Walton writing in the Times today. It really is like there's a referees club.

The referee’s view
Peter Walton, former Premier League referee

Giving away a penalty in the 27th minute was a blow for Aston Villa’s hopes here, but I have to say I’m with referee Jon Moss on this one.

I can see why some people might argue for a foul by Bruno Fernandes — there were even calls for a red card for the Manchester United midfielder — as his right leg appears to come down hard on Ezri Konsa’s shin. But if I had been in referee Moss’s position, I would have given a penalty too.

The challenge is a very subjective foul and Fernandes has been clever in using his body and backing into the Villa defender. But from the referee’s viewpoint on the pitch, it would very much look like Konsa has come through to try to tackle Fernandes from behind and a penalty would be the call.

The calls for VAR to intervene would have been loud but there is a good reason why it did not.

It is a misconception that VAR is there to get the correct call. It is not. It is there to try to ensure that the referee has not made a clear and obvious error.

If the offence is not clear and obvious, then the off-pitch official will not intervene because the final decision should remain with the man in the middle.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Absolutely. If he were here and pulling up trees I wouldn't give a shit about his shin pads and shit hair. His play acting would still piss me off though

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm pretty certain my ex wife wasn't the VAR guy yesterday??!

If my ex-wife had been the VAR guy yesterday the ref would have spent all match saying "anything wrong with that?" and she'd have just sat in Stockly Park saying, "well, if YOU don't know what’s wrong, there's no point in me tellling you."

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That doesn't include the 2 games at the beginning of project restart on June 17th - Villa v Sheff Utd and Man City v Arsenal.

2a6446378eee85e306b56384753c06d7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here