Hall
Taricco

Baz
Kasim
Jamie Smith
Caskey

Simmonds
Agdestein

I would like this to happen, as it would be some good experience for the younger lot, and give them a chance to shine and show Gus how well they can dispatch FCUM in a way many of the senior players failed to.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So fans are allowed an opinion on the manager, but the manager isn't allowed an opinion of the fans?

Isn't that a bit hypocritical? Stop being so f***ing precious. He's done far more in football than all of us put together.

Last time I checked the fans were the paying punters, so yes we have a right to criticise.

sambha75

do one ...asshole
Nov 9, 2010
good old sussex
well said
Poyet has been a revelation since he arrived but he has shown naiveness in the cups this season.

Naiveness in team selection and tactics against non league opposition.

We were woefull in front of goal today. They were there for taking and we should have been much more direct against them rather than playing triangles in our own half.

I totaly agree with Gus and not wanting to play 50/50 football but against the likes of Woking and FC United it would be more like 70/30.

Not sure what reaction they were expecting after a 1-1 draw against a bunch of amateurs following on from a poor 1st round performance.

Gus you are doing a great job but you have to take the flack as well as the admiration and thinly veiled threats are going to do you no good.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I, as a season ticket holder am very concerned about Gus's comments. He has transformed the team and they are probably playing the best football ever (and I do mean ever as far as a passing game). However the comments he made appear to be holding the fans at ransom and give the impression that he is waiting for a better 'gig' than albion. I believe that Gus has made a mistake with picking the sides in the FA cup and he needs to accept critisism even if he takes it with a pinch of salt. I want gus to lead us to the championship then to the prem BUT loyalty is everything and very rare in football. So in summary, Gus I love you but today the comments you made were severly misjudged.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I am not happy we drew either - it happens though. Northampton beat Liverpool in Carling. Don't tell the best manager we have had for years to f*** off, esp when we are top of the table and playing some entertaining football. Maybe you should stay at home or consider supporting United on Sky, they win more than BHA

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I wish Poyet had announced his intentions (in a general way - not specific players) before today's game as I'd have thought harder about taking my son to watch in the ball-breakingly freezing cold. Personally I'd hoped he'd put a full strength side out today (allowing for injury / suspension / cup-tied) because:-

Kept the meomentum going from 2nd half at SCC
Shown he cares about the FA Cup (I now think he's not bothered)
Shown he knows that the supporters do care for the FA Cup, paying good money and turning up in the freezing cold to watch a tie against an "unglamorous" team.

I agree that he should have gone one way or the other, rather than mix it up. Full strength for the reasons above or get the reserves out to give them an opportunity.

Hopefully Gus will have the measure of those that played today and won't need to continue tinkering. We need to focus on the League as a priority, I think the FA Cup came at the worst time with the 1st Woking game and broke our rhythm through mixing up the 1st team for these matches. With a big squad and higher quality players I guess you can afford to rotate, but there's nothing better than playing a settled side regularly if they're winning, regardless of the competition the game relates to.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How dare you critisise the fans that booed that utter shambles today.

And as for asking booing fans to stay at home - f*** off.
If you aren't willing to pick a team capable of beating a bunch non-league no-hopers, then maybe its you that should be staying at home pal.

If you don't want to play in the FA Cup, then have the common decency to admit it, and play the kids.

But to put a half-hearted effort in like that today, and end up with a replay on a Tuesday night against a bunch of Manc. thugs is totally unacceptiptible and unprofessional.

If you can't stand the heat of critisism, then get a new job.

Fair enough moan about the performance but to suggest that Gus looks for a new job is moronic to be honest. You would look a bit stupid if he actually did that on Monday.

As for today, I didn't boo and I don't if the team put the effort in and to me they did today. Unlike the Woking game, where their keeper had a quiet game, the keeper made a number of saves and was probably their best player. I am extremely frustrated but booing is not the answer.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Why pay the money to criticise, being a fan is about supporting your club whatever the result, and think back to last season, if we got a draw against Fc Manchester it would not be the end of the world, but because Poyet is here, and we are doing successful its the worst result since Maradona knocking England out the world cup! (random example)

I mean ffs people get over it, he is the manager ( A f***ing good one) and he decides who he wants to play and who he doesn't, how they play and how they don't, 4 points clear top of table still in fa cup and people are moaning.... please get a grip and put things in perspective...

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
You single minded idiot. If you care to take a minute out of your busy lifestyle trying to look for faults within Poyet's interview you would find that a certain Brighton and Hove Albion are 1st in the league. Now stop f***ing moaning, the man speaks the truth. Why boo? It wont get the players anywhere. The thing you COULD do is to get behind the team. Jesus there is some brain dead morons on here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Gus made too much of the issue at half time and during the post match interview. Of course the booing is disappointing but it was a minority of idiotic fans that don't need the attention. Why not focus on accepting we weren't at our best today and the reasons for that. My worry is what happens next season when we are at Falmer with even more fickle fans booing because we don't win each week or when he does move to a 'bigger club' who expect to win each week.

I don't blame him for his reaction at half time. In fact, I would say it was wholly justified. He didn't rush over, frothing at the mouth and giving it the big one. He remonstrated in a reasonable way.

It is a worry that we have a portion of fans that expect a win. Surely our record in the FA Cup should suggest otherwise or perhaps they weren't about when we were humbled by Mansfield, Kingstonians or Sudbury or run close by Canvey Island. The FA Cup is a different ball game.

I would rather Poyet at least acknowledges the boos rather than a Micky Adams type 'I didn't realise we had to be top at the end of November'.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How dare you critisise the fans that booed that utter shambles today.

And as for asking booing fans to stay at home - f*** off.
If you aren't willing to pick a team capable of beating a bunch non-league no-hopers, then maybe its you that should be staying at home pal.

If you don't want to play in the FA Cup, then have the common decency to admit it, and play the kids.

But to put a half-hearted effort in like that today, and end up with a replay on a Tuesday night against a bunch of Manc. thugs is totally unacceptiptible and unprofessional.

If you can't stand the heat of critisism, then get a new job.

is it a coincidence that we were flying until we played woking.then we start changing the team & we haven"t won a game since.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i didnt go today but go to 75 % of games but it does make me laugh a little that after all the talk about needing money for this special player he gets a chance to bring some finance in by getting to round 3 he plays such a changed team

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i didnt go today but go to 75 % of games but it does make me laugh a little that after all the talk about needing money for this special player he gets a chance to bring some finance in by getting to round 3 he plays such a changed team

It is not as if we played a team of youngsters.

Brezovan - First choice last season and a capable goalkeeper

Taricco - Given
Elphick - First team regular, 23 yrs old, 150+ games
Dunk - Highly rated youngster
Painter - First choice left back

Bennett - Best winger in the league (according to Poyet)
Bridcutt - played in most games for us since he signed
Kishishev - ditto
Baz - fringe player

Murray - Second top scorer
Barnes - Top scorer

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
It is a worry that we have a portion of fans that expect a win. Surely our record in the FA Cup should suggest otherwise or perhaps they weren't about when we were humbled by Mansfield, Kingstonians or Sudbury or run close by Canvey Island. The FA Cup is a different ball game.

I'm sorry that I actually went to the game expecting us to win against a team 110 places below us! Silly me. I've certainly learnt a lesson for the future having watched the games against Woking and the mancs, if Gus is still manager, save your money and don't bother following the team in the early rounds of any cup competition, he doesn't care so there's no point us caring.

If Gus is having a bit of a moan about a few boos after that pitiful performance, he won't last long if he gets a bigger job in the prem. Have even seen Chelsea get boos this season, so it's hardly confined to Albion fans.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I wish Poyet had announced his intentions (in a general way - not specific players) before today's game as I'd have thought harder about taking my son to watch in the ball-breakingly freezing cold. Personally I'd hoped he'd put a full strength side out today (allowing for injury / suspension / cup-tied) because:-

Kept the meomentum going from 2nd half at SCC
Shown he cares about the FA Cup (I now think he's not bothered)
Shown he knows that the supporters do care for the FA Cup, paying good money and turning up in the freezing cold to watch a tie against an "unglamorous" team.

Woking was a clue, no?

I agree that he should have gone one way or the other, rather than mix it up. Full strength for the reasons above or get the reserves out to give them an opportunity.

Agree too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here