Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet slams booing fans (Merged)

sambha75

do one ...asshole
Nov 9, 2010
good old sussex
i dont agree with booing the team but they should beat fcum every day of the week, poyet was wrong to turn and stare at us the way he did and his comments really pissed me off. having said that alot of the people who sat near me were not season ticket holders and probably turned up with there 10 quid tickets and boo when we dont win 5 nil. im still 100% behind gus, but be careful what you wish for gus

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
When Poyet goes I hope you lot are looking forward to watching hoofball inthe lower reaches of league 1 under another crap journeyman manager at an empty Falmer...

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
If he had put his strongest team out then we wouldn't be in this mess. Hope he doesn't complain in the future that the reason why we faulted in the leauge is down to all the matches in the cup. If so, then it's his fault alone, idiot.

Yoda

English & European
So I take it you thought it was a performance worth applauding?

I didn't think there was much wrong with the performance. If we had an out and out goal scorer we would have been well clear by the first time they were in our area (which unfortunately they scored from).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Idiots boo. Piss the manager of thats a great idea and really encourages the team

Poyets reaction is perfectly understandable in my opinion, the turn around since he has been here has been remarkable, the first sign of a couple of ropey performances and people start booing, get real we are 4 points clear at the top of the division and playing some great football.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So I take it you thought it was a performance worth applauding?

Nope, but what will booing the team at half time achieve? By all means give them some grief at the end of the game. Having seen the FCUM fans today show how to get behind a team perhaps the Albion fans deserve booing too for a couldn't give a shit performance from themselves?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If I can one slip from the SOL meeting it was that Gus HATES booing during the game, which is fair enough. One of the reasons he loves football in this country is the way in which the crowd get behind their teams.

He really sees the crowd as an extension of the management team - and he would like to see us encourage the team to win during the 90 mins.

Having said that - he doesn't have a problem with booing AFTER the game and I would imagine actively encourages it :lolol:

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
I didn't think there was much wrong with the performance. If we had an out and out goal scorer we would have been well clear by the first time they were in our area (which unfortunately they scored from).

This. Barnes and Murray missed some absolute sitters before FCUM scored. If Sandaza had the sharpness and confidence from a run of games under his belt he'd have bagged a hat-trick today.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Why dont people get priorities?!

Next Season, should we get promoted I am sure the FA Cup will be looked at far more than this season!

The simple fact is we (and I mean the club) needs promotion and if that means saving players for the leage then Im all for it!

I am sure one season of focusing on the league and then try and get pr big team next year is do-able!

If Gus Poyet leaves due to being sick of negativity, it will be a disaster for us!

???

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Although it was a bit out of order booing, they didn't deserve it, Poyet can't hold the fans to ransom and blackmail us into not booing.

If what he said means he would happily bugger off if it carried on then so be it. He's not biger than this club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here