Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet slams booing fans (Merged)

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Why boo? It wont get the players anywhere. The thing you COULD do is to get behind the team. Jesus there is some brain dead morons on here.

My thoughts exactly. I understand people will come back with 'we pay, so we can moan' jibes, but booing OUR players at half time will do anything BUT good. We need to get behind the team, not get on their backs. On the other hand, this isn't an excuse post, we were terrible today, and deserves criticism. But jeers at half time? no.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm happier with us playing a mixture of kids and fringe than what he did today. Let's see Caskey and some of the development squad.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I think Gus made too much of the issue at half time and during the post match interview. Of course the booing is disappointing but it was a minority of idiotic fans that don't need the attention. Why not focus on accepting we weren't at our best today and the reasons for that. My worry is what happens next season when we are at Falmer with even more fickle fans booing because we don't win each week or when he does move to a 'bigger club' who expect to win each week.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Offended by a bit of booing? Blimey. I heard some of the most malicious, vile chanting I've ever heard at Charlton towards the Barnet manager, Mark Stimson in the FA Cup a couple of weeks ago, right in front of women and children too. It shocked even me and fans were rowing with each other most of the night.

I was in H block today and enjoyed most of the match but I'm used to watching far worse than that at Barnet. :lolol:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
So fans are allowed an opinion on the manager, but the manager isn't allowed an opinion of the fans?

Isn't that a bit hypocritical? Stop being so f***ing precious. He's done far more in football than all of us put together.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Poyet needs to grow a thicker skin. He will get grief when things go badly whether he's in charge of a League 1, or a Premier League side.

He has gambled on playing a weakened side in the FAC, and it has backfired -twice. He cant deflect the blame for that onto the fans.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be fair as soon as I read it I was expecting a thread like this and a thread backing Gus to the hilt

I didn't boo , but not surprised - since the Woking home game we've looked poor and the style of play we mastered at the start looks a distant memory

we have players scared to shoot , half attempted passing and nothing major down the flanks. a mere lightyear away from what we were capable of a month ago !!

that said I'm still fully aboard the Gus bus , although I'm now back to the paranoid state I was for the start of the season :(

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Poyet has been a revelation since he arrived but he has shown naiveness in the cups this season.

Naiveness in team selection and tactics against non league opposition.

We were woefull in front of goal today. They were there for taking and we should have been much more direct against them rather than playing triangles in our own half.

I totaly agree with Gus and not wanting to play 50/50 football but against the likes of Woking and FC United it would be more like 70/30.

Not sure what reaction they were expecting after a 1-1 draw against a bunch of amateurs following on from a poor 1st round performance.

Gus you are doing a great job but you have to take the flack as well as the admiration and thinly veiled threats are going to do you no good.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Look at it this way ..if Gus was a top chef and he served up a batch of cold peas some customers would send the whole meal back while others would just enjoy the meal served up.......would gus the chef berate the customers who complained and tell them not bother coming to his restaurant again? He would be a fool if he bit the hand that feeds him*

*Well sounded good in my head

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
People who pay to watch a football match go to it knowing that it may not be the greatest spectacle on earth but hope that their team will win. Anyone who goes expecting a win is an idiot. Generally players will always try their hardest and yes they do have off days like most of us do in our daily job. I can never recall booing my team Brighton and Hove Albion because I love them come rain or shine and through thick and thin.

Football has changed and the gap between good and average has narrowed and most sides outside, and sometimes inside, the premiership will struggle against lower opposition for a number of reasons not least of all the lower league teams desire to prove themselves.

We are riding higher in the league than probably anyone had hoped for and we have a manager who has introduced a structure, team ethics, tactics etc that will hold us in good stead in the coming years. It's time the moaners sat back and took a look at the progress this football club has made under the stewardship of the current management team and enjoyed the current situation we find ourselves in and the future before us.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
If anyone was worse than our forwards today it was our support - absolutely embarrassing. The United fans showed that the excuses about Withdean being totally to blame for a permanently lukewarm atmosphere are just that - excuses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here