Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet slams booing fans (Merged)

Lush

Mods' Pet
The crowd was angry at the performance on the pitch, so they booed.

Gus was angry at the performance on the pitch, so he has a go at the booers.

It's all about the performance on the pitch, not about Gus or the crowd IMHO

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Poyet's pissed because he is impatient with some of the supporting twats we have at the moment, he is a brilliant manager so anyone looking for anyone else has got to find a f**king miracle, this phase was OBVIOUSLY going to happen and Im happy Its happened now and not later. LuaLua would have had to have left due to the loan finishing anyway if we aren't going to buy him in the transfer window, so at least we are going through the hardship phase early on in the season when its not Christmas yet.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Poyet's pissed because he is impatient with some of the supporting twats we have at the moment, he is a brilliant manager so anyone looking for anyone else has got to find a f**king miracle, this phase was OBVIOUSLY going to happen and Im happy Its happened now and not later. LuaLua would have had to have left due to the loan finishing anyway if we aren't going to buy him in the transfer window, so at least we are going through the hardship phase early on in the season when its not Christmas yet.

Some people seem to have forgetten where we were this time last year and the year before and the year before that.

seagull_10

May 12, 2009
I hate this rubbish that fans have a "right" to boo their team. Fans may have the right to act like complete idiots but you're still dicks for using it.

Gus Poyet is one of the best young managers in the country and he will manage at the very top one day. He has transformed this club in one year both on and off the pitch. Imagine what he can do in the next five years.

If you're so stupid that you can't look past some poor finishing in a cup game that we totally dominated, then you don't deserve Gus but it will be all of us that will be left in the lower leagues while Gus wins trophies elsewhere.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You f***ing idiots that boo are never happy. WE'RE 4 POINTS CLEAR AT THE TOP - GET A f***ing GRIP AND PERSPECTIVE. I sincerely hope Gus realises it's only a small proportion of idiots booing and going against the grain. The rest are delighted with what he's done for the club - and if us as a group of fans have gone down even 1% in his estimation cos of today than u lot who booed really are a f***ing joke.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Gus you have the right of your thoughts towards tin pot trophies....but "Gus" you of all people must understand this is the FA CUP. Treat it with the respect it deserves please. To you its probably just another irritating game, but to us the paying home and travelling supporters, this trophy has given us some of our greatest memories. Not digging you boss, I always look at the bigger picture but Jimmy Case's interview in the local rag at least should hopefully show you what this competition means to us all. More importantly big days out for ourselves and our families wherever we are drawn This replay means we must play our full/strongest team, , bag a few goals which in turn brings back confidence thus breaking this latest blip for the league campaign. I'm no manager and whilst I believe in everything you do, you need to get this bit right because clearly we don't have strength in depth and at present do not look like we will until January earliest. *********Star Player ??????????????******* any indications please who it may have been

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
You f***ing idiots that boo are never happy. WE'RE 4 POINTS CLEAR AT THE TOP - GET A f***ing GRIP AND PERSPECTIVE. I sincerely hope Gus realises it's only a small proportion of idiots booing and going against the grain. The rest are delighted with what he's done for the club - and if us as a group of fans have gone down even 1% in his estimation cos of today than u lot who booed really are a f***ing joke.

Spot on Sheebo

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
No doubt the lady that posted this is quite irate at having spent half his dole money this week on the ticket for todays game. Stick to Saturday afternoons at the Shops Luv.
How dare you critisise the fans that booed that utter shambles today.

And as for asking booing fans to stay at home - f*** off.
If you aren't willing to pick a team capable of beating a bunch non-league no-hopers, then maybe its you that should be staying at home pal.

If you don't want to play in the FA Cup, then have the common decency to admit it, and play the kids.

But to put a half-hearted effort in like that today, and end up with a replay on a Tuesday night against a bunch of Manc. thugs is totally unacceptiptible and unprofessional.

If you can't stand the heat of critisism, then get a new job.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Another " die hard" fan who went to the match on the radio Sussex County.

Another die hard fan who went to his second match of the season.
:laugh:
Gus you have the right of your thoughts towards tin pot trophies....but "Gus" you of all people must understand this is the FA CUP. Treat it with the respect it deserves please. To you its probably just another irritating game, but to us the paying home and travelling supporters, this trophy has given us some of our greatest memories. Not digging you boss, I always look at the bigger picture but Jimmy Case's interview in the local rag at least should hopefully show you what this competition means to us all. More importantly big days out for ourselves and our families wherever we are drawn This replay means we must play our full/strongest team, , bag a few goals which in turn brings back confidence thus breaking this latest blip for the league campaign. I'm no manager and whilst I believe in everything you do, you need to get this bit right because clearly we don't have strength in depth and at present do not look like we will until January earliest. *********Star Player ??????????????******* any indications please who it may have been

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Those of you complaining that fans were booing - shocking. Every fan has a right to express their opinion. We pay the money!!! And what's wrong with having high expectations? If you have a kid and they misbehave, you give them a telling off. But you still love them. You just want them to be the best they possibly can be. Same applies to the Albion!

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I was really tempted to smack some of the withdean wingers today, instead I told them what I thought

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Would if be compltely unfair to say that whilst Poyet has completely transformed our league form and turned us into a decent side, the way we treat the cups is pretty disgracefull? I understand the 'league priority'' thing, but you can understand annoyance after our second pathetic performance against non-league opposition. Much as Poyet hates the cups, we would have been much better off playing a decent team and taking it seriously - no loss of form and no replays.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I tend to agree with you most of the time sheebo, but I don't think anyone was booing our league form, that is irrelevant. They were booing the game TODAY.
And to be honest the game today was shit, absolutely abysmal, and if we continue like that in the league we will be lucky to even be in a play off spot come Christmas, let alone top.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
good im glad hes come out against the boo boys

If he continues to slag the fans off, you know, the people that pay his wages, have supported this club through bad times he could only imagine, turn up week in week out despite the manager only seeing fit to field a reserve team etc.......
Then he can consider his position immediately for me.
Consider it, and then f*** off.

We have rarely had managers at this club that turn on the fans (McGhee was one, and he was useless) and most of us won't accept it.

If he thinks he is going to be adored by eveyone, whatever he does, then he's living in la la land.

Utter arrogance from him yesterday, and total contempt for the FA Cup.

Sort it Poyet.
Bring your league attitude to the cup, or start making it free to watch.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
As we have a singing section do you think we could also have a booing section so I don't have to sit next to these morons.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I agree, but he needs to sort his attitude out.

As it happens, I wasn't booing yesterday, and I've never booed the Albion, but I respect the right of those that did.
Poyet is doing an absolutely brilliant job at this club, but we should try to win each and every game we play, anything less and Poyet can turn it in for me.
I cannot, and will not accept trying to get knocked out of the cup by part-timers to "concentrate on the league".

And I stand by my comments that if he can't stand critisism, then he needs to sort himself out.

What does he think, he'll get cheered every week for the rest of his managrial career - muppet!

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
We need to take a leaf from the fcum fans book.....they sang the whole 90+ mins......even though they went a bit quiet when we scored they soon started up again......and they support a non-league outfit. Albion support away is fantastic....completely different to home support.......no one wants to sing at home and what we get are idiots booing the team instead....why????

Rant done and having said that all I wanted to do was stuff them completely because of 83.....and as Poyet said we shoulda been three up at half time but it wasn't to be. Booing des not help anyone.....put it like this........if your boss kept telling you that you were shite at your job and he did it all the time it wouldnt take long before you got peed off and looked for another job!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here