Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet slams booing fans (Merged)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Poyet wears his heart on his sleeve and I really like that. He's taken us to the top of the table, admittedly our form is quite patchy at the moment but we will recover. Now calm down, or f*** off...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What does he think, he'll get cheered every week for the rest of his managrial career - muppet!

He probably doesn't expect to be booed when he has taken us from mid table to the top of the table, and we're losing a haft time- Some of our fans are complete tossers... I presume you think that Poyet's tactics are all wrong and we should play hoofball again?

My my - hasn't this caused a stir - and rightly so.

Lesson No. 1 for Gus and Tanno - football fans are fickle. Lesson 2 - some fans like to boo. Lesson 3 - most fans are not as tacticaly astute as they are and that's why fans sit in the stands and the managers sit in the dugouts - except Tanno who tried to do an impression of a professional footballer.

GP and Tanno both showed extreme managerial inexperience and their Latin sensitivety by the half time and full time petulant reactions to a few fans who were acting like it was a panto - which in many respects it was.

FC were not a Colchester and yet we played against them as though they were and gave them way too much respect. Some of our football was poor and most of our finishing was utterly shocking and with the greatest respect to the management, it was extremely frustrating sitting in the stands watching us play as we did. I do not agree with booing but get real - it happens.

GP and Tanno need to get real and accept it happens - ignore it - either take the competition seriously or not and be prepared to accept the consequences without throwing their toys out the pram. Almost everyone recognises the improvements they have made to this club and what they have achieved - but yesterday there were many poor things against a team that should have been absolutely hammered and people were justified in being frustrated - just because they boo doesn't give the management the right to become all indignant.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure exactly where I stand on this as I can understand those that booed at the poor 1st half showing but can also understand where Gus is coming from.

I couldnt get myself enthused about the game and had the attitude of we will score it is just a matter of time as to when so as the game wore on got frustrated. We may not all have the tactical nous of Gus but we can see with our own eyes when a player is playing bad or things are not going for him. I think that it is something that Gus will learn to live with as he progresses his managerial career.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He is a little wrong to spit out the dummy on this occasion. I love what he does, but he'll never be bigger than the club itself, so he mustn't threaten his departure as if he is the one and only messiah. Especially after arseholey gossip that we had on here last week about him leaving for Chelsea and not getting enough money to loan-and-buy this week. We need to be relatively united and know that he is in it for more than beautiful moments.
Dickheads in the crowd who decide they want to jeer the players they support won't suddenly not be dickheads by being told that they are. The players should only ever be aware of our unhappiness if they are clearly not trying enough. And i don't think that is the case or that Gus would allow that.

Spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think the game was that bad yesterday just couldnt get myself enthused about it. FC United I thought were dire and had no ambition to even try and play football, obviously realised they would come off 2nd best if they did, and the game needed somebody to add a bit of sparkle to it. 1 good attacking performance by one of our strikers or wide men would have helped. I kept thinking that Bennett would go on one of his mazy runs or unleash a fierce shot but it never happened for him or anybody else.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Without a doubt those who do boo players would be the very first ones to complain about being told off/ shouted at at their own work palces by customers in front of all their work peers.

That's what it equates too.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
My my - hasn't this caused a stir - and rightly so.

Lesson No. 1 for Gus and Tanno - football fans are fickle. Lesson 2 - some fans like to boo. Lesson 3 - most fans are not as tacticaly astute as they are and that's why fans sit in the stands and the managers sit in the dugouts - except Tanno who tried to do an impression of a professional footballer.

GP and Tanno both showed extreme managerial inexperience and their Latin sensitivety by the half time and full time petulant reactions to a few fans who were acting like it was a panto - which in many respects it was.

FC were not a Colchester and yet we played against them as though they were and gave them way too much respect. Some of our football was poor and most of our finishing was utterly shocking and with the greatest respect to the management, it was extremely frustrating sitting in the stands watching us play as we did. I do not agree with booing but get real - it happens.

GP and Tanno need to get real and accept it happens - ignore it - either take the competition seriously or not and be prepared to accept the consequences without throwing their toys out the pram. Almost everyone recognises the improvements they have made to this club and what they have achieved - but yesterday there were many poor things against a team that should have been absolutely hammered and people were justified in being frustrated - just because they boo doesn't give the management the right to become all indignant.

good summary

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
“Football is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom” Danny Blanchflower

We haven't exctly covered ourselves in glory with this cup "run". In my opinion, Woking and FCUM have.

I'm sick of hearing "the league is all important". For me it isn't the be all and end all, "the beautiful game" is. That's why i'm watching more of the Albion under Poyet and loving the transformation in players like El Abd. It is also why i'm very disappointed in Poyet and his attitude to the FAC at the moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gus should have been more concerned at how terrible the team were than with the fans's reaction to an absolutely dire performance. Apart from the last five minutes were not really up for this game at all, I'm not entirely sure that Gus cares much for the Cup anyway so for him to attack a perfectly understandable reaction from the fans is poor form if you ask me.

If we win against colchester and start to regain the form that has delighted us thus far this season then yesterdays game can be forgotten.

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border
Quite frankly no one person is bigger than the club and that includes individual fan, who have nothing better to do than flex their muscles and make veiled threats of joining together to show the management that they in fact have the the power to run a club that has done everything in recent years to give the supporters a stadium, players and management team to put us back where we should be. I have to endure your f***ing moaning every game, it bores me, lay off and get behind the team.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Quite frankly no one person is bigger than the club and that includes individual fan, who have nothing better to do than flex their muscles and make veiled threats of joining together to show the management that they in fact have the the power to run a club that has done everything in recent years to give the supporters a stadium, players and management team to put us back where we should be. I have to endure your f***ing moaning every game, it bores me, lay off and get behind the team.

So, the fans had nothing to do with securing a new stadium? Customers/Supporters keep the club running. Yes of course Tony Bloom etc have forked out to minimise the losses, but without fans, even the moaning types there wouldn't be a club.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We are NOT going to win the FA cup. We might get promoted. We will NOT do both. Which would you prefer? I would only start caring about the cup if we had a realistic chance of going a long way in it, but frankly the cup lost most of its magic years ago when the big clubs lost interest and started playing their reserves in it. Since then for those who want/need to do well in their respective league it has become an irritant (until you get near the final).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gus is a good guy, but if he can't handle justified criticism of his team and selection then he won't be managing higher anytime soon. I'm sure he will learn to accept these things as he gets more experience. Telling fans to stay at home probably won't go down too well with Bloom and co.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I suspect Mr Bloom is well aware of Mr Poyet's attitude towards cup games and league games, and their relative importance. Remember that in 1983 we had our best cup run ever and never recovered from the disaster that the rest of the season was.

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border

The point is its a bit much slating GP for reacting to the boo boys and read in to it as a threat, whilst the moaners then make veiled threats of fan power against the good fellow. Of course we are entiltled to our opinions and voice them in anyway we want, but it still f***ing bores me to listen to the shit that comes out of some peolpes mouths during games. I, can assure you that these moaners are not the best marketing tool to attract new fans, young and old. Every club needs fans, without them they would not survive, but lets take a leaf out of the FCUM fans from yesterday, they not once moaned, even when we were all over them, and we were in great swathes at times. They sung, cheered and clapped every touch, what did we do, f***ing moan again!

I am a bit miffed by the boos I mean bloody hell we are top of the league and that is priority whatever...yes Gus plays a 2nd string team in the cup and its frustrating that we cant put non leaguers to bed but at the end of the day Gus is looking at the rest of the squad and seeing who can cut it or not!!! The fact is we had enough chances to win by a hatful and missing a pen didnt help but come on.... the league is far more important than the cup!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here