Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet slams booing fans (Merged)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gus's veiled threat doesn't sit very well with me I'm afraid.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
so poyet is not allowed any stick when we fail to beat 10 part timers from division 8?

this is unreal.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Gus Poyet - cheeky fucker! (Merged)

How dare you critisise the fans that booed that utter shambles today.

And as for asking booing fans to stay at home - f*** off.
If you aren't willing to pick a team capable of beating a bunch non-league no-hopers, then maybe its you that should be staying at home pal.

If you don't want to play in the FA Cup, then have the common decency to admit it, and play the kids.

But to put a half-hearted effort in like that today, and end up with a replay on a Tuesday night against a bunch of Manc. thugs is totally unacceptiptible and unprofessional.

If you can't stand the heat of critisism, then get a new job.

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.

If you aren't willing to pick a team capable of beating a bunch non-league no-hopers, then maybe its you that should be staying at home pal.

If you don't want to play in the FA Cup, then have the common decency to admit it, and play the kids.

But to put a half-hearted effort in like that today, and end up with a replay on a Tuesday night against a bunch of Manc. thugs is totally unacceptiptible and unprofessional.

well said.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley

Yeah f*** off poyet:bigwave:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He is a little wrong to spit out the dummy on this occasion. I love what he does, but he'll never be bigger than the club itself, so he mustn't threaten his departure as if he is the one and only messiah. Especially after arseholey gossip that we had on here last week about him leaving for Chelsea and not getting enough money to loan-and-buy this week. We need to be relatively united and know that he is in it for more than beautiful moments.
Dickheads in the crowd who decide they want to jeer the players they support won't suddenly not be dickheads by being told that they are. The players should only ever be aware of our unhappiness if they are clearly not trying enough. And i don't think that is the case or that Gus would allow that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't help but agree with the sentiment over the ridiculous disrespect of the FA Cup but Poyet is still a legend in my eyes and I don't want him going anywhere but Falmer and the Premiership with us.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can't help but agree with the sentiment over the ridiculous disrespect of the FA Cup but Poyet is still a legend in my eyes and I don't want him going anywhere but Falmer and the Premiership with us.

If the way he is planning things behind the scenes go to plan we will still be playing a second team in the cup, but it will be full of free passing super fit youngsters.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
You single minded idiot. If you care to take a minute out of your busy lifestyle trying to look for faults within Poyet's interview you would find that a certain Brighton and Hove Albion are 1st in the league. Now stop f***ing moaning, the man speaks the truth. Why boo? It wont get the players anywhere. The thing you COULD do is to get behind the team. Jesus there is some brain dead morons on here.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It works both ways.

I'd imagine a fair few of the supporters are unhappy with the team selections for the last two cup games.

Were they also unhappy at going 8 points clear at the top of the league? You can't pick and choose when you think Poyet is a good manager.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It works both ways.

I'd imagine a fair few of the supporters are unhappy with the team selections for the last two cup games.

It is not as if we played a team of youngsters.

Brezovan - First choice last season and a capable goalkeeper

Taricco - Given
Elphick - First team regular, 23 yrs old, 150+ games
Dunk - Highly rated youngster
Painter - First choice left back

Bennett - Best winger in the league (according to Poyet)
Bridcutt - played in most games for us since he signed
Kishishev - ditto
Baz - fringe player

Murray - Second top scorer
Barnes - Top scorer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here