Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pardew faces the sack

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hear, hear! Bad decision - and since Poyet said that Calderon won't be playing for us again, that's presumuably it, if Southampton don't sign him. Stubbornness prevails - a case of cutting off his nose to spite his face, I think. :-(

A case of setting a reasonable deadline, and that deadline being missed by a greedy player and agent...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Been reading the comments below the latest non-story on this, in the Southampton Daily Echo.

They are still so far up their own arses.

"Cotterill? WTF. Why don't we get Holloway - he'd be good".

Yes, good shout that you moron. Holloway is one game from the Prem. I'm sure he'd be well up for chucking that in for a go in the third division. Arrogant CHUMPS.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The meeting (sacking) has been postponed until tomorrow.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whoever on here is friends with Inigo on facebook should send him a message telling him to get on the phone to Gus today, ask to see him in person, and explain he'd made a terrible mistake and would like to come and play for the Albion.

I'm sure Gus would agree to meet with him, accept a form of apology (and a commitment to playing for our wonderful club) and move forward.

After all, if the Lib Dems and Conservatives can work together in govt, then surely they can sort this out:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Cotterill? WTF. Why don't we get Holloway - he'd be good".

Yes, good shout that you moron. Holloway is one game from the Prem. I'm sure he'd be well up for chucking that in for a go in the third division

What a bunch of bennies :lolol:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
There are numerous post about Calderon saying they don't want a player from a team that almost got relegated and are well below there level.

Two things dickheads, first we finished mid table with games to spare and second we beat you 3-1 at yours and you were f***ing lucky to DRAW at ours. I hope we finish above you next season and beat you twice. If you get Cotterill we will piss on you. Wankers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I passed that onto a neutral forum Hans and got this reply...

Of course he wouldn't if Blackpool went up to the Premiership. But Saints in League One is more attractive than Blackpool in the Championship. Just as Grayson left Blackpool to drop a League to goto Leeds. The fact he supported Leeds is relatively minor, Leeds have much more potential than Blackpool.

I don't want Holloway at Saints though and if Saints did lose Pardew I doubt Holloway would be high on the list.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The thing about Pardew is that he got them playing well enough (for a club with 5 times the budget of pretty much everyone else), but far, far, too late. So if he goes, I'll be delighted because I don't doubt they'd have gone up next season even if they had another poor start.

Let's hope it is Cotterill. He's done well at Notts, but I can see him walking into Southampton and f***ing it right up to be honest, which of course would be proper funny.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I passed that onto a neutral forum Hans and got this reply...

Thing is I don't even understand why they are so arrogant, I mean, it pisses me off enough with Leeds but at least they can say they were competing at a top level only 7 or so years ago. Southampton were just average-shite.:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Holloway won't ditch Blackpool for Saints. He thrives on pulling smaller clubs up by building an "us against the world" mentality. He's useless when he has to be a smaller fish in the big pond. If you're at a small club you have excuses when you fail. Not that I'm suggesting Southampton are a big club in the grand scheme of things anyway, but in the context of League One they will be the best supported next season and therefore have no excuses for failing to win the league.

If they can fire Pardew (PLEASE, PLEASE FIRE PARDEW) after finishing seventh, then Holloway would regard that as too great a risk to take the job on.

Unfortunately it looks like Tony Adams isn't available either, which is a great shame, as I'd love to have seen him get the Saints job :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Southampton should try and lure David Moyes or Martin O'Neill from their dear little clubs. I think both would love a crack at the big one. i.e. Southampton manager.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about Arsene Wenger? Arsenal haven't won anything for years, he's known for playing great football, and would surely relish the chance to work with Rickie Lambert, an equal of Thierry Henry if ever I saw one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What about Arsene Wenger? Arsenal haven't won anything for years, he's known for playing great football, and would surely relish the chance to work with Rickie Lambert, an equal of Thierry Henry if ever I saw one.
Good shout, but you forget that Wenger is only good when he has a much smaller budget than his competitors, so not a good fit for moneybags Southampton.

I'm wondering whether they should give Roy Hodgson a call TONIGHT? It's an audaceous move, but even the whiff of an interview for the Southampton job might just be enough for him to resign at half time in Hamburg.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good shout, but you forget that Wenger is only good when he has a much smaller budget than his competitors, so not a good fit for moneybags Southampton.

I'm wondering whether they should give Roy Hodgson a call TONIGHT? It's an audaceous move, but even the whiff of an interview for the Southampton job might just be enough for him to resign at half time in Hamburg.

Now you're just being RIDICULOUS.

He wouldn't wait until half time, he'd walk out five minutes before kick off if he knew a massive club like Southampton were interested.

On a more realistic note, I heard a sneaky rumour that Fabio Capello isn't happy with the way the FA have treated him over his business venture yesterday. It can only be a matter of time before he's tempted by the allure of the hot seat at the second most successful football club in all Hampshire.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now you're just being RIDICULOUS.

He wouldn't wait until half time, he'd walk out five minutes before kick off if he knew a massive club like Southampton were interested.

On a more realistic note, I heard a sneaky rumour that Fabio Capello isn't happy with the way the FA have treated him over his business venture yesterday. It can only be a matter of time before he's tempted by the allure of the hot seat at the second most successful football club in all Hampshire.
The truth is that he's always been tempted to take part in that spicy rivalry between Southampton and AFC Bournemouth. And if that does happen, it's only a matter of time before Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole head down the M3 to ply their trade.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think Southampton should try and lure David Moyes or Martin O'Neill from their dear little clubs. I think both would love a crack at the big one. i.e. Southampton manager.

Their just tin pot in the grand scheme of things though, surely Mourinho or Ferguson would be begging to come to Saint Marys?

I heard a rumour that after he wins the world cup in June, Capello is eyeing a move up the managerial ladder by taking over the job in Southampton.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Pardew has done a good job for Southampton, particularly in view of the points they were docked,if they sack him they deserve to go down next season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I dont like him and that is based purely on the childish believe that he never gave us the credit we deserved after we took the div 1 title and spanked their sorry arses 3-1 in that great evening performance at Withdean.

Its childish I know but I have dislike him JUST because of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here