Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pardew faces the sack

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lambert was top scorer the previous season also. He is too good for this division

No. He is not.

He will never be a success any higher than this level because he has no pace. Grant Holt is the same. It's funny seeing Norwich fans thinking that they'll rip up the Championship next season based on Holt's goals. He has failed before at that level and will again (compared to this season I mean).

He and Lambert are the footballing equivalent of flat track bullies- give them rubbish opponents (ie third and fourth division defenders) and they'll spank them all over the place, but put them up against anyone with a bit of class and they come unstuck. In the arse end of the Football League, Lambert can lumber around after all your long balls and get away with it. Take him up a level and teams wise up to that tactic and cut off his supply, and he has nothing else to reply with.

I could be wrong, but isn't Lambert about 29 now too? If he was going to make it higher, he would have done by now. Be realistic, it's not happening. Barnard has far more chance of succeeding in the Championship than he does.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Finishing 2nd to anyone will do me next year. Even if its fu*king Aldershot

Don't worry, even if you do finish second by 20 points to Aldershot, the Third Division Capello will be telling the media that you were the best team anyway :thumbsup:

It's like if he tells himself something enough times, he eventually starts to believe it. Welcome to Planet Pardew.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
No. He is not.

He will never be a success any higher than this level because he has no pace. Grant Holt is the same. It's funny seeing Norwich fans thinking that they'll rip up the Championship next season based on Holt's goals. He has failed before at that level and will again (compared to this season I mean).

He and Lambert are the footballing equivalent of flat track bullies- give them rubbish opponents (ie third and fourth division defenders) and they'll spank them all over the place, but put them up against anyone with a bit of class and they come unstuck. In the arse end of the Football League, Lambert can lumber around after all your long balls and get away with it. Take him up a level and teams wise up to that tactic and cut off his supply, and he has nothing else to reply with.

I could be wrong, but isn't Lambert about 29 now too? If he was going to make it higher, he would have done by now. Be realistic, it's not happening. Barnard has far more chance of succeeding in the Championship than he does.

But we are not in the CCC next year. So if he does well next year and gets us there, we'll just get a striker who does the business in the CCC.:shootself

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But we are not in the CCC next year. So if he does well next year and gets us there, we'll just get a striker who does the business in the CCC.:shootself

I appreciate that. I was merely pointing out that your opinions of Lambert are somewhat unrealistic.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Who are your targets then? Messi? Torres? Capello/Mourinho dream team have already said its their dream to manage you as you are a MASSIVE club, so perhaps he could ask them to join? No persuasions will be needed I doubt given the huge nature of the club they will be joining.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love Southampton fans. They GENUINELY believe they are still a Premiership club, just paying us all a little visit. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wouldn't it be awful if they stayed down another couple of years and their crowds went as low as 9,000?

:lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Saw Pardew at the Football Writers' Dinner last night. He looked very chilled. He was on the Daily Express' table, I think. Didn't speak to him, but I did fancy having a polite pop at him about Calderon :)

No Gary Stevens there this year, but Curbishley was in attendance. Tony Millard, too :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
You wouldn't say that if Calderon somehow surprisingly came back .

A) Calderon won't ever come back, even if Pardew got sacked he wouldn't have.
B) Yes i would say that, i don't want him back at all

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A) Calderon won't ever come back, even if Pardew got sacked he wouldn't have.
B) Yes i would say that, i don't want him back at all

Agreed. Accepting our offer then waiting to see if he gets offered more at Soton which he inevitably would have! Money grabbing Spanish wanker.:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here