Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pardew faces the sack

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The 'Southampton Style' from the 4 or 5 games I've seen this season seems to largely involve HOOFING it to Lambert, who wins it and scores. It ought not to be THAT hard to introduce this STYLE across the club's teams.

Actually they do have a Plan B, for when Lambert is not playing. It largley involves HOOFING it aimlessly up the pitch, and losing.

I like reading your views on Saints. You really hate them dont you:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like reading your views on Saints. You really hate them dont you:lolol:

I actually DON'T really hate them. Living where I do, I have too many mates who support them to wish any real misfortune on them. I DO hate their arrogant 'big club' attitude, though, and hope they are stuck in League one for a while yet.

They don't come close on my hatred scale to Portsmouth and MK Dons to be honest.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Southampton | News | Latest News | Latest News | Driving The Saints Forward

It would have caused uproar if AP had gone. The issue was clearly a personallity clash (two strong ego's) which I imagine yesterdays meeting would have ironed out. The fans would have gone mental unless he was being replaced by f***ing Mourinho or something.

Next season will be quality. COY SAINTS

Sunk quite a way if there would be uproar if Pardew got sacked. Thought you were meant to be a 'big' club.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Sunk quite a way if there would be uproar if Pardew got sacked. Thought you were meant to be a 'big' club.

More to do with the fact that we finished 3 points of automatic promotion (with 10 points back), despite having a disasterous start due to having no players then, and despite distraction of getting to 5th round of cup and winning the JPT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
More to do with the fact that we finished 3 points of automatic promotion (with 10 points back), despite having a disasterous start due to having no players then, and despite distraction of getting to 5th round of cup and winning the JPT.

Due to having NO PLAYERS? Given that by then you had already* spent more than most clubs' entire budget on ONE player, that argument won't get a lot of sympathy round here. It was due to your team having a shocking billy-big-bollocks attitude to League 1.

*to be fair Lambert didn't join until about TWO games in, did he?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saints line up v Millwall. 08.08.09

Southampton
01 Davis
02 Harding
03 Thomas
05 Perry
16 Murty
23 James (Gillett 75)
10 Wotton
19 Schneiderlin (Thomson 83)
04 Saganowski
17 Paterson (Gobern 70)
20 Lallana

Saints line up v Northampton [LC] 11.08.09
Southampton
01 Davis
02 Harding
03 Thomas
15 Lancashire
16 Murty (Thomson 77)
23 James
10 Wotton
19 Schneiderlin
07 Lambert (Gobern 86)
17 Paterson (Rasiak 67)
20 Lallana

Redneb :nono:

I though Sim was the dunce in the family...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Due to having NO PLAYERS? Given that by then you had already* spent more than most clubs' entire budget on ONE player, that argument won't get a lot of sympathy round here. It was due to your team having a shocking billy-big-bollocks attitude to League 1.

*to be fair Lambert didn't join until about TWO games in, did he?

Correct. and the point is AP was appointed with about 2 weeks before the season started. Whatever brass your given, you cant get a good start in those circumstances, particularly as the club was on his knees when he came in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Given that Leeds made the playoffs with -15 in their 1st year in this division and then went backwards for a couple of years maybe you shouldn't get your hopes too high of escaping this division next season. Although please tell us how you are gonna walk it...you really failed badly this year given the number of players you bought and the money you spent and expectations and pressure will be through the roof next season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Correct. and the point is AP was appointed with about 2 weeks before the season started. Whatever brass your given, you cant get a good start in those circumstances, particularly as the club was on his knees when he came in.

Not if you are a shit, limited, long-ball merchant, no, you can't.

Poyet was appointed a couple of DAYS before we came to St.Mary's btw...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Saints line up v Millwall. 08.08.09

Southampton
01 Davis
02 Harding
03 Thomas
05 Perry
16 Murty
23 James (Gillett 75)
10 Wotton
19 Schneiderlin (Thomson 83)
04 Saganowski
17 Paterson (Gobern 70)
20 Lallana

Saints line up v Northampton [LC] 11.08.09
Southampton
01 Davis
02 Harding
03 Thomas
15 Lancashire
16 Murty (Thomson 77)
23 James
10 Wotton
19 Schneiderlin
07 Lambert (Gobern 86)
17 Paterson (Rasiak 67)
20 Lallana

Redneb :nono:

I though Sim was the dunce in the family...

Team at the end of the seasion

Davis
Otsemobor
Jaidi
Fonte
Harding
Lambert
Papa Waigo
Hammond
Punchoen
Lallana
Connolly

Subs: Antonio, Seaborne etc.

I rest my case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Team at the end of the seasion

Davis
Otsemobor
Jaidi
Fonte
Harding
Lambert
Papa Waigo
Hammond
Punchoen
Lallana
Connolly

Subs: Antonio, Seaborne etc.

I rest my case.

Your case being that you start the season with a more than respectable side for League 1, but Pardew couldn't buy a point with them, so you had to spunk MILLIONS to compete?

Davis? Rasiak?, Lambert?, Harding?, Saganowski?, Lallana?

FFS. My NAN could have had that team in the play-offs.

Pardew is RUBBISH. End of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which is why you won - new manager syndrome. You lost 5 out of your next 6 league games after that.

They were against the best teams in the League who all finished well above you though, so not really new manager syndrome we were just playing a team who weren't as good as their fans seem to think.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Your case being that you start the season with a more than respectable side for League 1, but Pardew couldn't buy a point with them, so you had to spunk MILLIONS to compete?

Davis? Rasiak?, Lambert?, Harding?, Saganowski?, Lallana?

FFS. My NAN could have had that team in the play-offs.

Pardew is RUBBISH. End of.

My point being a manager just cant come in and turn a team into a winning team immediately. Were going up easily next season FACT

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which is why you won - new manager syndrome. .

Is that right? And there was me thinking that it was because we completely outplayed you, and Forster and Murray OWNED Jaidi and [especially] Trotman.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My point being a manager just cant come in and turn a team into a winning team immediately.

Er? I thought it was because you had 'no players'?

Let's face it, it was nothing to do with 'turning them into a winning team immediately'. He is limited, and couldn't turn them into any kind of team at all, which is why he went and bought another one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here