Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pardew faces the sack

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Er? I thought it was because you had 'no players'?

Let's face it, it was nothing to do with 'turning them into a winning team immediately'. He is limited, and couldn't turn them into any kind of team at all, which is why he went and bought another one.

You lot always go on about us 'buying' our way to glory. Yet Brightons new found hope is largely due to a comparibly wealthy owner compared to previous ones. The words Pot and Kettle spring to mind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You lot always go on about us 'buying' our way to glory. Yet Brightons new found hope is largely due to a comparibly wealthy owner compared to previous ones. The words Pot and Kettle spring to mind.

Has our owner spent a million+ on one player? No
Has our owner withdrawn an offer for a player when he wanted to seek a better deal? Yes.

He may be wealthier, but he isn't spunking money on players like your owner has. This pot is blue and white.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

If we spend any where near as much as you did this season I would be very surprised. Difference is we have a manager who can get the best of players under his control rather than spunk millions on already proven players and turn them into a one dimensional long ball team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is anyone else delighted that Alan Partridge is still in charge at the Stains? I genuinely believe they'll have another shit start and have to play catch up all season. I bet they won't be champions either, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a similar position to Leeds this year, with their automatic promotion fate still unknown on the final day.

They're about 7/2 for the title, which I believe is wank value when you consider the complete dork they have in charge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we spend any where near as much as you did this season I would be very surprised. Difference is we have a manager who can get the best of players under his control rather than spunk millions on already proven players and turn them into a one dimensional long ball team.

:thumbsup:

Poyet needs a CB. He turns the much derided El Abd into a solid and consistent player.

Pardew needs a CB; He buys Fonte for £1.2million.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Poyet needs to keep the ball. He rebuilds his midfield, such that it uses the width of the pitch and protects his defence by transforming the much derided Alan Navarro into an excellent holding player in front of his back 4.

Pardew needs to keep the ball. He buys Lambert for £1m and tells his defenders to HOOF it towards him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I happen to think Rickie Lambert has just had the season of his life.

Not suggesting that he'll be crap next year, but if he scores as many this time round I'll be amazed. He's been a journeyman striker at this level and below for years, he's not good enough to go any higher, and he couldn't believe his luck when Saints stepped in to rescue him from Bristol Rovers.

Naturally they'll just go and buy everyone else's strikers as soon as his goals dry up, in the manner that Cardiff did a few years ago, and Leeds have done previously, to ensure that, even if they're not scoring any goals for you, at least you'll handicap all the other clubs in the meantime.

I love it that there's a ready made replacement for Leeds in the Pride-Comes-Before-A-Fall stakes next season. And I'm also quite glad they've retained Alan Partridge, because he is an overrated manager who has a very pleasing habit of coming off worse against the Albion :clap:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
This is FUN. Where's BEN gone?

Here I am.

Poyets record consists of beating us, then being shit for a few months, then having a good run, then finishing off indifferently. He has yet to prove himself for me.

Pardew got Reading out of our league, got wham into the Prem and the cup final and has years of experience, mainly successfully. Yes he was gash at Charlton, but Redknapp was gash for us but is still considered a good manager.

and your hatred for the Saints as you said earlier was due to the fans thinking we are a big club. Any club that gobbles up 44,000 tickets for the Paint pot trophy final and could still have sold 1,000s more can hardly be considered a small club. There were tickets left over after the 2004 play off final and that has far more meaning. In short you are a nob jockey.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I happen to think Rickie Lambert has just had the season of his life.

Not suggesting that he'll be crap next year, but if he scores as many this time round I'll be amazed. He's been a journeyman striker at this level and below for years, he's not good enough to go any higher, and he couldn't believe his luck when Saints stepped in to rescue him from Bristol Rovers.

Naturally they'll just go and buy everyone else's strikers as soon as his goals dry up, in the manner that Cardiff did a few years ago, and Leeds have done previously, to ensure that, even if they're not scoring any goals for you, at least you'll handicap all the other clubs in the meantime.

I love it that there's a ready made replacement for Leeds in the Pride-Comes-Before-A-Fall stakes next season. And I'm also quite glad they've retained Alan Partridge, because he is an overrated manager who has a very pleasing habit of coming off worse against the Albion :clap:

Lambert was top scorer the previous season also. He is too good for this division but hopefully will see out one more season. We still have Barnard who was 3rd top scorer last time I looked and AP is looking for another striker.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pardew got Reading out of our league

Finishing second to Brighton & Hove Albion, a club with a shitty temporary ground, average crowds half the size, and with little or no money to spend on players. WELL DONE ALAN :clap2:

In short you are a nob jockey.

Knob :rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's that splendid footage of Alan P picking up a chair, using is at a prop and pretending to be a football manager, by sitting on it backwards and saying "you pass to you, and then score a goal"

It was so funny, that I believe Steve Coogan stole it and used it for his equally sad Alan Partridge character.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Finishing second to Brighton & Hove Albion, a club with a shitty temporary ground, average crowds half the size, and with little or no money to spend on players. WELL DONE ALAN :clap2:

Knob :rolleyes:

Finishing 2nd to anyone will do me next year. Even if its fu*king Aldershot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here