Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pardew faces the sack

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Oh God, please let it be true!

Seems very harsh on the man, but he is a dick of the highest order and anything shitty that comes his way is sweet, sweet karma.

How much did he spend last season? He must have spent over 3million?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not a Pardew fan either but he did pretty well last season and Cotterill would be a mistake IMHO.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
He arrived at the club last summer and found basically no team, however much money you have it is not easy to start from scratch and build a successful team immediately. They also started with a 10 point deduction, I think he did well and I'm absolutely delighted if he gets sacked. I don't like Pardew or Southampton FC and this sacking is bad for both, a win-win situation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope he gets sacked, thought he did a good job there last season. Did someone tell the Swiss owner that Southampton were a big club or something, he seems to think they are with such an arrogant attitude that they should get promotion from minus 10 whilst having to buy a squad.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
the replacement as well, cotterill, HOOOOF!!!! just think when they play colchester nxt season, they`ll be 100s of fans in casualty after the game with neck strain!!:laugh:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I imagine if Cotterill does take over, someone at Southampton, or possibly even Calderon himself will mention the potential deal, and if Cotterill takes a look at Calderon's performances from last season then he's not going to get much better on a free transfer.

No Pardew, doesn't mean no Calderon.

Quite possibly but maybe not....oh and i expect he will love Cotterill's style of play too....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I passionately despise Pardew and Southampton. I seriously hope they sack him, Lambert and Puncheon go and Inigo apologises.

I'd then like to see Hammond and Harding stay on as the team slips into mid-table obscurity next season under a distinctly average Cotterill.

I've always disliked Southampton and viewed them as a wasted Premiership place (always finished 4,5,6th bottom every year.

As for Pardew, he can just f*ck off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I passionately despise Pardew and Southampton. I seriously hope they sack him, Lambert and Puncheon go and Inigo apologises.

I'd then like to see Hammond and Harding stay on as the team slips into mid-table obscurity next season under a distinctly average Cotterill.

I've always disliked Southampton and viewed them as a wasted Premiership place (always finished 4,5,6th bottom every year.

I'd go along with that.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Living in Southampton, i havent always disliked them, my other half is a fairweather saints fan, so we have occasionally gone alone when she fancied it...

the following has driven me to a state of almost pathological hatrid
i) appointing Pardew ( a man i have always dislike and heard stories disparaging his coaching skill and his personal conduct)
ii) the whole coming out of administration and spashing cash around
iii) the attitude here that thay are a big club...playing shit clubs
iv) the change of opinion over the Johnstsons Trophy, when Albion were poised, it was tinpot and shit.. this year..oh isnt it great silverwear
v) their style of play at the withdean..
vi) the Calderon affair.

so if they end up playing Eastleigh in the conference i wont bat an eye.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Living in Southampton, i havent always disliked them, my other half is a fairweather saints fan, so we have occasionally gone alone when she fancied it...

the following has driven me to a state of almost pathological hatrid
i) appointing Pardew ( a man i have always dislike and heard stories disparaging his coaching skill and his personal conduct)
ii) the whole coming out of administration and spashing cash around
iii) the attitude here that thay are a big club...playing shit clubs
iv) the change of opinion over the Johnstsons Trophy, when Albion were poised, it was tinpot and shit.. this year..oh isnt it great silverwear
v) their style of play at the withdean..
vi) the Calderon affair.

so if they end up playing Eastleigh in the conference i wont bat an eye.

Excellent. rare usage of "Pathological hatred" which I also like and identify with.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North

hear, hear,

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They would be better off giving it to Wilkins than Cotterill. Bizarre decision if true.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Also shit timing by Poyet. If Calderon had been given the week's thinking time he asked for, Pardew would still have been sacked and we'd still have our player.

Hear, hear! Bad decision - and since Poyet said that Calderon won't be playing for us again, that's presumuably it, if Southampton don't sign him. Stubbornness prevails - a case of cutting off his nose to spite his face, I think. :-(

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dear Inigo

Please say sorry to Gus and come back.

Thanks

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Unlikely to happen in view of what Gus said, more's the pity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here