Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic on the streets of London.......

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
A generation of youngsters that have grown up under a Labour government who have been encouraged to have exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. Not really a suurprise that they all start kicking off when they finally get a dose of realism.

Careful talking sense on here! You just won't fit in!!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
If only this was about politics!! I very much doubt any of the scum causing this could actually tell you who the Prime Minister of this country is!! quite simply it is mindless thuggery and theft etc, which many are just jumping on the band wagon.

Clearly many will try to use the situation and use it as a political weapon against the present government, looking at some of the footage on telly, I would say most of the idiots causing this were born under a labour government, so maybe it is Labours fault :)

Seriously though, in my opinion the problem needs to be sorted with a very heavy hand, bring in water cannons and the army whatever it takes, but most of all, once these scum get bought to a criminal court, deal with them properly.

The only political agenda at play here, is that vast majority of the looters are unemployable and rely on welfare to buy their skunk, or whatever it is they're on. As the welfare stare accounts for 33% of the Uk's GDP any Government threatening to cut the welfare budget will be violently opposed by a social group which is inherently lazy and has no concept of contributing to society.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What about all the riots in the 90's up north. Let me see, now who was in power? Oh yeah the same lot who have created the worst financial situation this country has ever found itself in in peacetime.

My point regarding Labour bringing down the global economy was tongue in cheek response to GGCM comment above who actually attributes Labour to actually 'creating' the financial crises.

Deary me. No one is suggesting that they managed to single handedly bring down the global economy. However, they subscribed to, fully endorsed, and engaged in the kind of crackpot economics which has, surprise surprise, come home to roost in the countries who decided it was easier to ignore the fact that a country cannot spend beyond its means indefinitely. Not to mention Brown's decision to sell off the single thing that backed up our currency for a tiny amount of its true value. Every Labour government ends in bankruptcy.

See above.

Do you think Labour single handedly did that? Now I would never credit them with that much influence. Labour, the US and pretty much all the western powers were to blame. I can imagine your vilification of Tory policy if they'd been the ones who were at the helm at the time. You'd be having a field day. Labour's government were a true disaster for our country. I also believe that if the Tories had been in control we would maybe be in an even worse position. Tories or Labour, they're both as bad as each other in my opinion.

Your point that it only happens under Tory government id plainly untrue though.

GGCM, are you unable to recall your own posts?

But the bandwagon here is a young guy who was shot by police whilst carrying a gun. What are the government supposed to do about this?

I've already outlined my thoughts on this, just re read some posts.

Sep 1, 2010
A statement from the Police Commissioner, a sad indicment of our limp attitude towards crime and punishment. "I urge parents to start contacting their children" Jesus christ. OR build an island out at sea and drop them on it to live in shit with no rights whatsoever or ping the lot of them

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
Isnt this just a load of people - black, white, yellow, asian and pink, jumping on the bandwagon to riot? Yes a bloke got shot, rightly or wrongly - who knows. But it seems to be a load of people just rioting for the sake of saying 'i was there. i did it' I bet half of them dont know why they are doing it or for what reason other than to break into shops and cause destruction because there is a chance to do so. Bunch of muppets, the lot of em. Its nothing to do with politics, its to do with people having no moral standards or sense of what is right and wrong any more.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A statement from the Police Commissioner, a sad indicment of our limp attitude towards crime and punishment. "I urge parents to start contacting their children" Jesus christ. OR build an island out at sea and drop them on it to live in shit with no rights whatsoever or ping the lot of them

Amazing that he has to come out and say that, surely any parent worth the name would be telling their to kids to be in. Some of the pictures are clearly kids under 16

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
England cricket team now on lockdown in Birmingham as the police are expecting trouble in the area according to Kevin Pieterson.

Shouldn't be any problem now Freddie has retired. I think the current England players are highly unlikely to try to hit the town these days.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Amazing that he has to come out and say that, surely any parent worth the name would be telling their to kids to be in. Some of the pictures are clearly kids under 16

The under 16's are the parents:D

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Amazing how historians, political scientists, sociologists etc spend years weighing up the unlimited causes of events to explain why something like this happens, when there are dozens of experts on NSC who can pin it down to one single cause before the dust has even begun settling.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fires in Croydon - how does this all end?

Sep 1, 2010
This is really getting beyond a joke now. WHAT THE f*** are the government doing. Losing control of the streets now. So many fires, it's bloody ridiculous. Total lack of appropriate response to this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here