Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic on the streets of London.......

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People are treating these Kids as stupid, yes on the whole its one following the other, however there are some smart ones out there organising this, they can out run the police all across the country, police will not be able to cope.

This will grow, different gangs wanting to out do each over, some realising that they can make money from this and others just wanting to look bad.

Leaflets were being distributed across London today, telling people how to avoid being caught by police and if they are on camera what to do and what not to do.

its a problem i feel has been coming along time and just ignored and covered up.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
All these kids need National Service. They have no Discipline or morals. We need to stop wrapping them in cotton wool

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the peaceful student protests were met with more police resistance than this.

disgraceful.

They were in one place and everybody knew where it was and could act accordingly. This has spread throughout London and there are only so many police to go round

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Looking at the riots in London shows that our teens are out of control. Do I blame Cameron? Yes. This country is falling apart and has been on a downward spiral since he came into power.

9/10 for self contradiction. being is power for 13 months leads to teens out of control? this is a generation or two of lacking social values and lack of self responsibility. big talk by "community leaders" but they do nothing meaningfull, just blame the authorities and ask for another project funding to keep themselves amused.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
People are treating these Kids as stupid, yes on the whole its one following the other, however there are some smart ones out there organising this, they can out run the police all across the country, police will not be able to cope.

This will grow, different gangs wanting to out do each over, some realising that they can make money from this and others just wanting to look bad.

Leaflets were being distributed across London today, telling people how to avoid being caught by police and if they are on camera what to do and what not to do.

its a problem i feel has been coming along time and just ignored and covered up.

Yep, a whole lot more too it than just idiots out on the thieve (although I wouldn't dispute for one minute that there's lots of these out there). One upmanship from area to area is playing a large part too for sure, but again, it doesn't end there and this sends out a bigger message. Any politicians waving it away as just "mindless yobs" do so at their, and ultimately our, peril.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Im only 27 but in my wild days we would play postmans knock or at worse egg windows (which is still bad i know) Looking at the riots in London shows that our teens are out of control. Do I blame Cameron? Yes. This country is falling apart and has been on a downward spiral since he came into power. Cutting the police force demonstrates how inept this man is. He is not fit to be in his position. Every time there is a tory government there are riots. They are ruining our country.
Do you seriosuly believe that mate.

David Camerons fault.

Have you honestly not seen this coming for the past 10 years or so.

I find it staggeringly patethic, people blaming a Tory government for this. Are people that uneducated and short sighted in this country??

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Do you seriosuly believe that mate.

David Camerons fault.

Have you honestly not seen this coming for the past 10 years or so.

I find it staggeringly patethic, people blaming a Tory government for this. Are people that uneducated and short sighted in this country??

For me personally, Since tories have come in our country has got a lot worse. Fact. The economy (which i know is global), Cuts to policing, Defence. DC just does not seem to understand what is happening around him. Pretty ashamed that he Is the leader of this country to be honest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Rumors going round, turkish and asains have taken to the streets tooled up to protect there streets!

what do the old bill do here?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the sky news bloke in Clapham is superb, actually asking them why they are doing it. The response 'getting my taxes back'

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
the sky news bloke in Clapham is superb, actually asking them why they are doing it. The response 'getting my taxes back'

Just saw that... "Getting my taxes back, innit."

Brilliant. Has she even TRIED sending in her tax returns?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Rumors going round, turkish and asains have taken to the streets tooled up to protect there streets!

yep they are certainly good at organising a vigilante mob. there was an interesting report that the turkish supermarket was untouched - think that was walworth, shows the rioters there were local and knew there could be some serious payback.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For me personally, Since tories have come in our country has got a lot worse. Fact. The economy (which i know is global), Cuts to policing, Defence. DC just does not seem to understand what is happening around him. Pretty ashamed that he Is the leader of this country to be honest.

But what else could he do? keep spending and risk losing our credit rating? There is no money left. We HAVE to make cuts,otherwise there is a real dnager of the country going under, and these riots will look a safe place to be. I don't think people reliase how close this country was to complete econimcal collespe.

We are in a very bad need, of a very strong arm government, who are willing to fight fire with fire. And I KNOW thats not Labour, and I'm prety certain Cameron wont have it about him to stamp this out

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

And that is worrying. Whilst I would be with them ifI lived in London, if its groups of Turks and Asians, then it beomes race wars, even though it never started out as this. This could be the start of something very very nasty

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

It's Lavender Hill, Clapham Junction. A couple of miles away from Clapham itself. More obvious target - the local shopping area with many big High Street names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here