Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic on the streets of London.......

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Someone's going to get killed before the end of the night. I think I'm going to turn off the telly and go to bed and hope I can get to work tomorrow. This isn't good.

Yep, & a couple of juniors on here find it great fun, so time to give NSC & those particular little pricks a swerve. It's obvious they're keyboard warriors who need a dose of real life.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
you go in, crack some heads, grab some collars and lock em up over night. seems too softly softly, nicey, dont cause more trouble, attitude. i dont blame the rank and file, commanders are clearly being too timid, the jails should be full and asking for surrounding forces to send extra vans to ferry the arrested away - just to demonstrate action. the rioters are reacting to the obvious impunity they have, they are used to ruling their neighbourhoods and now telling everyone they run the hig streets too.

Has it escaped your attention that the jails are already full ?, seeing as how we lock up more people than any other country in Europe, both in sheer numbers AND per head of population. Why do think Ken Clarke, a Tory !, is trying a different approach.

BBC NEWS | In Depth

Good to see the penal system working so well, eh ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
so cameron should be able to predict the future now, i mean not one person know this was coming

Been a long time coming if you ask me, People can only take being treated like shit for so long. Frustration and despair will manifest themselves eventually.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Complete tosh.

What about all the riots in the 90's up north. Let me see, now who was in power? Oh yeah the same lot who have created the worst financial situation this country has ever found itself in in peacetime.

People have a choice about whether to break the law or not. I seem to manage not to rob places and vandalise them just about every day.

The banks and multinationals, well you might not be far wrong there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I assume you are talking about the race riots in Bradford and Oldham of 2001? Also, well done on Labour for creating the worst financial situation this country has ever found itself in, and amazingly appears to have had the power to bring down the entire world!! Weird that, a Labour government has single handedly managed to bring down America's credit rating, topple Greece, bring Portugal, Italy and Spain to it's knees, crush the Euro. Amazing they managed all that on their own...

So back to the topic in hand, your policy on managing a complex inner city housing estate and community is that you personally manage not to rob places. Wow, perhaps you could email Teresa May and pass on your insightfulness?

He manages not to rob places 'just about everyday' so some days he does rob places!!! and he said nothing about nighttime???!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
"Well, I'd say it's a cautious thumbs up for the Big Society." - David Quantick

Not really a night for laughing but that is very funny. Why ?, because it's true.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But where? you go into Croydon it starts somewhere else because the police are busy in Croydon.

anywhere. everywhere if possible. you send in a force and make a mark, this stops with a bunch of arrests. if it pops up elsewhere, you move there and do the same. make the gangs realise they will have a responce, because right now they are expecting the police to be inactive due to widespread disorder.

they know how to deal with riots. they train for it, NI have incidents every year, they deal with lower level trouble amonsgt football fans with unfortunate regularity. its not like they can cope with the numbers or multiple incident, when theres a few thousand middle class protestors and "anarchists" running amock they regain control soon enough. unfortunatly it seems those in charge are too worried about causing a confrontation so allow them to have their loot then move on. kettle them somewhere and carry out mass arrests, then onto the next hotspot. baton charge them, horse charge them and tear gas them.

Acting Commisioner is asking for parents to find out where their children are...ffs how wet. some of them dont know who their children are and wont care where the 42" plasma TV in their bedroom came from. he should be telling people to get in because the happy sticks are coming out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Has it escaped your attention that the jails are already full ?

jail is not prison. if the police station jail is full, use the local barracks. you'd probably let them out next week, but need to make there be a consequence for this lawlessness.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
jail is not prison. if the police station jail is full, use the local barracks. you'd probably let them out next week, but need to make there be a consequence for this lawlessness.

Blimey, the Met is looking for a new head, and deputy for that matter. I think we've found our man. Congratulations. Which post do you fancy ?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Im only 27 but in my wild days we would play postmans knock or at worse egg windows (which is still bad i know) Looking at the riots in London shows that our teens are out of control. Do I blame Cameron? Yes. This country is falling apart and has been on a downward spiral since he came into power. Cutting the police force demonstrates how inept this man is. He is not fit to be in his position. Every time there is a tory government there are riots. They are ruining our country.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely the first sensible thing to do is a curfew. If you're still on the streets beyond that time and find yourself in trouble with the law, well, you can't say you weren't warned..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
build more, this can not be aloud just because we dont have space!!!!

That's it !, let's build more, and just like the wonderful capitalist economy it can just keep on growing indefinitely and we can all live happily ever after. :facepalm:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Interesting. Just had a look through all of the news networks on my Sky package. Only CNN and Al Jazeera carrying this. CNN wins the award for the most pointless banner headline ever...

"Authorities say rioters will be prosecuted".

Duh! Rolling news, eh?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Im only 27 but in my wild days we would play postmans knock or at worse egg windows (which is still bad i know) Looking at the riots in London shows that our teens are out of control. Do I blame Cameron? Yes. This country is falling apart and has been on a downward spiral since he came into power. Cutting the police force demonstrates how inept this man is. He is not fit to be in his position. Every time there is a tory government there are riots. They are ruining our country.

It was on a downward spiral long before Cameron came into power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here