Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic on the streets of London.......

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Send the Flying Squad in there and gun down any youth wearing a hoodie or balaclava mask. Shoot the fuckers dead and leave them out for the rat's breakfast.

Thats what i'd do anyway.

Dandyman

In London village.
I got off at Manor House tube and walked along Green Lanes towards Turnpike Lane & my home. Lots of shops with shutters down & an uneasy feeling in the air. F@ck all coppers around.

---
I am here: Google Maps
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Spunked money on community projects that put members of a community at the forefront of projects as an essential link between the authorities and the communities themselves. Amazing how you cut those projects, and you get this kind of outcome. The most cost effective way to tackle crime is to prevent it.

Brixton Riots, 1981, let me think...are yes Tory government, Broadwater Farm Riot 1985, oh hang on...Tory government, Poll Tax Riot, erm, yep Tory government again...1995 Brixton Riots, oh yeah, Tories again...Anyone would think they only look after the middle classes and above!?

this is a very simple and flawed argument

if the labour government's urban regeneration initiatives had been so successful then why has so much social tension built up over the last two decades? why was youth unemployment running at 20-25% around the time of the election last year?

i have worked in this area of work (in sussex and london) for over 5 years and the reality is that much community spending was badly spent with questionable outcomes.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Boris:

'Heading to the airport. Back in London tomorrow lunchtime. This mindless violence must cease.'

Robocop?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
In my humble opinion this is a result of the lack of discipline in the home / schools & society in general. Parents & teachers can't punish children. As anyone with difficult kids will know the smug "so what are you going to do about it?" attitude kicks in every time along with the threat of Child Line if you want to give them a (well needed) kick up the backside / clip round the ear. In my day I was scared of & respected my parents & teachers. They never hit me but the possibility was always there if I ever stepped out of line - unlike today. Similarly the kids know the police can't touch them & even if they are arrested they will probably be released without charge (Just seen on Sky News only 25 out od 225 being charged) & even if they are ccharged our pathetic courts will give them a lenient sentence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it pretty poor that Cameron hasnt seen fit to return, its been pretty poor that most the cabinet went on holiday at the same time in the first place. with Met commissioner and deputy having left, seems very short sighted to have had PM, Home secretary and Mayor all out of town. Just as having PM, Chancellor and Treasury Secretary all off while the financial markets had the jitters last week

not that he could do anything, but a bit of reassurance and leadership is required, if only in front of the cameras for the good folk in the shires. distinct lack of leadership right now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Live coverage of setting fire to a car, cretins

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Ken Livingstone says it's all down to the underclass being angry about bankers bonuses and all the swanky restaurants in London being full. So that must be it then:facepalm:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ken Livingstone says it's all down to the underclass being angry about bankers bonuses and all the swanky restaurants in London being full. So that must be it then:facepalm:

and he is going to run for Mayor again

Sep 1, 2010
I would have problems if a decision was made to just shoot these absolute scum dead. It is clearly now out of control. The Police are trying ther hardest but just cannot cope. Why are we so wet in this country in sorting these scumbags out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok, I'm obviously way below your level of intelligence. Please justify the robbing of JD sports or Currys etc, or setting fire to cars & property. I'd really like to be enlightened. Only all I can see is gangs of thugs roaming around causing terror. So come on, f***ing explain.

There is no doubt that the criminality is appalling and should be dealt with accordingly. However, these things tend to happen when the connection between authority i.e. local government or police and a community become so distant that said community becomes a tinderbox waiting for a spark. As with the Brixton riots in '95 that spark was the police treatment of a community member (rightly or wrongly). In political terms, the investment in projects that establish project leaders from within the estate or community, whether these are parents, social workers, youth workers, church leaders or what have you, establish a line of communication between a community and it's governing authority. Any great coincidence that most of these projects and others such as Sure Start have been savagely cut over the past 12 months?

Not sure anyone is looking to justify the riot, bizarre way of looking at my previous point, but as others have pointed out, Labour poured money into these type of projects (rightly or wrongly) and we have not had civil disturbance on this scale for 15 years.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Spunked money on community projects that put members of a community at the forefront of projects as an essential link between the authorities and the communities themselves. Amazing how you cut those projects, and you get this kind of outcome. The most cost effective way to tackle crime is to prevent it.

Brixton Riots, 1981, let me think...are yes Tory government, Broadwater Farm Riot 1985, oh hang on...Tory government, Poll Tax Riot, erm, yep Tory government again...1995 Brixton Riots, oh yeah, Tories again...Anyone would think they only look after the middle classes and above!?

Complete tosh.

What about all the riots in the 90's up north. Let me see, now who was in power? Oh yeah the same lot who have created the worst financial situation this country has ever found itself in in peacetime.

People have a choice about whether to break the law or not. I seem to manage not to rob places and vandalise them just about every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here