Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our defence is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Race said:
Thats what they want, and some serious atmosphere on Saturday :)

Atmosphere and Withdean don't really go hand in hand though Race. It would be nice to create more at Withdean but you get too many tossers there that get you kicked out for singing:nono: :nono: :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
You clearly can't recall any of his one million comments about McCammon then. And really that's your gain, rather than loss :)
So he doesn't rate McCammon, big deal. He's far from alone in his antipathy towards a player who has looked cumbersome and unfit at times - and of course was kicked off the team bus not so long ago for behaving like an arse. And you seem to think that anybody who can't see what you feel McCammon appears to offer is worthy of your belittlement.

Now I realise that the full harris hasn't played football at the highest level like Sir Mark McGhee, Guy, or your goodself, but I do feel he's entitled to an opinion without being belittled or ranted at ON AN ALBION FANS site.

Simster said:
So he doesn't rate McCammon, big deal. He's far from alone in his antipathy towards a player who has looked cumbersome and unfit at times - and of course was kicked off the team bus not so long ago for behaving like an arse. And you seem to think that anybody who can't see what you feel McCammon appears to offer is worthy of your belittlement.

Now I realise that the full harris hasn't played football at the highest level like Sir Mark McGhee, Guy, or your goodself, but I do feel he's entitled to an opinion without being belittled or ranted at ON AN ALBION FANS site.

It's not a question of not rating a player or thinking he should not be at the team. I don't rate certain Albion players but I don't go around putting ABUSIVE shite about them on what is meant to be a SUPPORTERS SITE.

If you want to defend posts like that, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Simster said:

If someone is going to have an opinion, and belittle a players performance, and direct it at him knowing damn well he will read it, then you have to expect a strong opinion back. Just becasue its a fans site doesnt mean Tank cant have his say if he feels ppl are pointing the finger at him, and why shouldnt he?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Race said:
If someone is going to have an opinion, and belittle a players performance, and direct it at him knowing damn well he will read it, then you have to expect a strong opinion back. Just becasue its a fans site doesnt mean Tank cant have his say if he feels ppl are pointing the finger at him, and why shouldnt he?
He can only have his say if he is a supporter:p :lolol:

Well said Race. If someone was having a pop at me for playing badly ( esecially when they have actually been pretty damn good ) then I would react and it would probably be a much worse reaction than Tank gave.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Race said:
No I definitely believe it's great that he can have his say (see the first paragraph of my first post), but there are better ways of doing it than listing a bunch of fans by name who are probably made up of frustrated inadequates and spotty 15 year old kids hidden behind a keyboard - and ranting at each of them one by one.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Simster said:
No I definitely believe it's great that he can have his say (see the first paragraph of my first post), but there are better ways of doing it than listing a bunch of fans by name who are probably made up of frustrated inadequates and spotty 15 year old kids hidden behind a keyboard - and ranting at each of them one by one.

But that is what most of them have been doing to Tank so why should he not retort to the individuals. If you called me a tosser then you have to exect me to reply with something along the same lines.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Simster said:

He got in late last night after what he thought was a great result, and was pleased that him and el-abd did more than alright, but then he read that thread, and about how he should be dropped and hes past it etc. Hes going to get it off his chest somehow and it seems standard practice on here to point out everyones failings!!!

Race said:
He got in late last night after what he thought was a great result, and was pleased that him and el-abd did more than alright, but then he read that thread, and about how he should be dropped and hes past it etc. Hes going to get it off his chest somehow and it seems standard practice on here to point out everyones failings!!!

Nothing wrong with that at all. As I said last night I think he was right to say what he did.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Simster said:

Of course the full harris hasn't ever belittled anyone on Nsc has he?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Race said:

Unfortunately it's the nature of the internet that liberates millions to talk arse from the comfort of their arm chair, I guess that's a good and a bad thing depending on your perspective, but something that's made it as a medium so huge. Though on the back of your comment i'd bet if we set up a live chat online with the players there would be a totally different attitude from the fans on here.

Although it is hard to tell sometimes, I beleive most people on here are true fans and yes granted looking at the number of posts some should probably find time in their life for a little more than NSC, but you can see these guys in the stands - yes some spotty teenagers, frustrated dads who think they could have been a contender and a whole raft of misfits all brought together united in their passion. I think in an online or face to face chat would show nothing less than worship and adoration for the guys in Albion strip, past and present, busting a gut like Guy.

That said it's good there is a forum online to read a record of speculative sentiment and arm chair football management, often at it's worst, otherwise it would just be pub conversations and no-where with the odd inspired nuggett. So long may it continue, may the players come and vent spleen or take salvage in what has always been a fickle relationship with fans, but always take away at the end of the day all those that come on here love the guys that turn out in the blue and white...even if some of us do rant on here at our frustrations fans and players alike.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where is The Full Harris BTW :lolol:

NSC Gold

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
This could only happen on a Brighton site!

Senior Player and Fans, hadbags at ten words per minute.

My two pennies worth:

1.The thread was started after the Palace game, (whatever Tank thinks the rivalry is important, however I think he knows that,) and 'fans' were upset - but then I guess the player's were too. How do you think Bomber felt?

2. Fans are entitled to their opinions, after all NSC is an Albion fans Message Board. - However, fans slagging somebody off really will do no good - but it happens - Tank - these are football fans - after your time in the game you must know how fickle SOME fans can be. We are just desperate to stay up this year.

3. If you read this after getting in from Cardiff then I can see your point - the lads give their all despite losing 2 to injuries, go a goal down and still get a point. Well Done.

4. Re Saturday - will do our best on the Atmosphere front but this is Withdean! - However get Seb do whizz past a couple, send over a decent cross and get Leon to stick his knob or anything else on it in the first few minutes and maybe that will help. SOmetimes the players need to get the crowd going (and visa Versa.)

Good Luck Sat - clean sheet please!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
People are going to have differing opinions. Football is all about opinions and we all have our ideas about who is good and who isn't, and who played well and who didn't.

Football isn't like other jobs; nobody comes to watch most of us do our jobs, and nobody really gives a shit about regular jobs like they do about football.

This is a football message board all about opinions. If we all agreed it would be boring. We don't have to think the sun shines out of players arses just because they post on here.

Guy Butters is entitled to his opinions and it is great that he can come on here and put his view across, but he has got to realise that he is fortunate enough to have the job he has, and criticism, stick and people constantly judging him is part and parcel of that job. I'm sure he is intelligent enough to ignore posts on here which are just plain abuse, but we as fans are perfectly entitled to think players are shit or whatever else on here and elsewhere if we have a constructive argument to back it up.

So long as we get behind the players for 90 minutes when they are playing we are entitled to our opinions on their performance and abilities.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Race said:
cheers for that you knobs.

f*** your rivalry with palace,some of these comments make me weep. we've just worked our c unts off at cardiff to get some sort of result. we're skint,we've got loads of injuries and everyone is still trying to work their bollocks off for each other and all we get in return is abuse.poke it up your arse.if anyone else nearly dies or is poorly don't EVER ask my missus to get a card signed.

fans ratings:

gunter-2. probably stayed at home and watched football on telly cos his carer won't let him drive on too many long journeys
dougal-4. was crap tonight and was crap on the magic roundabout
sir max 2004-3.forgot to take his specs with him on sunday
mona-1.never a more apt name for a supporter
stoaty ferret-5.showed improvement with his slagging but needs to find some wit
curious orange-4.probably a bin man by trade as his understanding of the game is rubbish
right footed denilson-2. what a length.probably weren't there tonight but still managed to have a wank over harty's phone in
perseus-1.shame he didn't sink to the bottom of the sea as was intended
butterball-5.would have given him an 8 but like the majority of pricks that post on here i doubt he was at tonights game
incredigull-3.one of them nuggets who would accept relegation as long as we beat palace...typical quote 'my brain hurts'
twickers-2.broke with tradition and actually tried to sing a song but was restrained by a few supporters because they were trying to explain to their mates(?) that the system we were playing (chosen by a manager who has played at the highest level and under fergie) was wrong

shame and a pox on you so-called fans

:shit: :shit: :mad: :mad:

I gutted i wasn't rated! What will happen to my legend status?:angry: :angry: Oh well I suppose i'm not a proper fan anyway according to rumor.

nice post anyway I dont care for a lot of the abuse aimed at players, I aim it at the nobs who deserve it on here

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Race said:
I did see your post DTG :)

Tank was really pissed off, so much so he left most of his dinner when he got in!! :ohmy:

Shit, I had better sell my shares in KFC before Wall Street hears the news. Profits will PLUMMET

:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
the full harris said:
Yes, yes, pipe down Tank.
If you paid £22.50 to come and watch me do my job, I'd fully expect you to criticise any mistakes I make.

Do customers now have to pay £22.50 to watch people flipping burgers at McDonalds?

What is the world coming to.

If I had the same amount of abuse from the customers I deal with at work that some of the players I would do the BARE MINIMUM and not give a stuff about them.

There is a difference between criticism and abuse, and just because someone is a professional footballer it does not mean that he should be subjected to being called some of the shit that people do on NSC.

FYI one NSC regular has sadly just contracted cancer. The Tank (with a hand from Race) got the players to sign a card for her, and she was absolutely made up by this, really touched. They did not have to do this but are a good bunch of lads with a touch of humanity about them.

There is a world of difference between the lifestyle's of the 'Footballer's Wives' set and the Albion players, if people take a read of Garry Nelson's book 'Left Foot Forward' you will see that it is far from glamourous, alhtough they would no doubt not swap for another profession any more than we would given half the chance, and twenty times the ability that we possess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll back Race - organised a nice signed photo for Junior during his worst weeks with a broken leg.

Takes pride of place on bedroom wall.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
There is a difference between criticism and abuse, and just because someone is a professional footballer it does not mean that he should be subjected to being called some of the shit that people do on NSC.

:clap:

The non attending keyboard kings should get down to Withdean on saturday and get behind the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here