Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our defence is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
And as for the defence, it cost on Sunday the princely sum of £1,000 plus a set of tracksuits, and was up against Morrison, who cost £2 million, and Freedman, who is an international. We had two young strikers trying to get around Hall and Ward (combined cost £2.6million).

That is what people have got to appreciate....what we lack in resources and quality our players make up in effort..sometimes that alone will not be enough and we have to accept that without resorting to "****** is/ are shit

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Race said:
AND the third goal :rolleyes:

:)

what about all the goals conceded this season ..after all Tank was on the pitch ..it must have been his fault...:jester:

keep up the good work Guy ...most appreciate yours and the teams efforts

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Ok, well I've just got back in to read all that and all I would say is that as far as Guy Butters goes, to the best of my knowledge I have never called him a 'twat' or been overly critical of his performance on here. I wasn't on this thread until my reply to Guy's post. I did criticise his performance on Sunday but, and you can check this on the Player ratings thread I merely wrote something to the effect of 'Guy has been great for the last two seasons, didn't think he was sharp enough today and was at fault for their second two goals'. I think I am entitled to say that.

Race said:
show some respect?how about YOU show some respect to people who are better than you at something you like to do.i can take criticism from lots of people who have actually played the game but it irritates a bit when it comes from sources like you.just because you regard it as a hobby doesn't mean that i have to crave your affection.it's funny to see your reaction when a little bit of criticism comes your way.not very nice is it? the difference between us is that i wouldn't dream of coming to your workplace and slagging you off because i probably couldn't do it better than you.how do you know how you would react if you were getting caned on an internet site?:jester:

In answer to the above, I have never requested you 'crave my affection'. My point was that if you paid £22.50 (and that is just the ticket price for a home game, it doesn't include travel for an away game) to come and watch me do my job, I'd feel you were entitled to criticise me if you felt I was doing it poorly and, more importantly, if you cared as passionately about my job as I care about yours (though under what circumstances you would care passionately about how I type numbers into a computer I am not sure!). In any case, you needn't see this criticism, simply by not looking at threads entitled 'our defence is crap'.

Finally, just to reiterate my original post, I am sure I could with cope with being caned on an internet site if I was a professional footballer, not to mention if I earnt as much as one. I'd imagine that I would just be so chuffed to have the best job in the whole world that I find it very unlikely that I would care much about what an internet message board thought of me.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Its not just about the crap aimed at Tank, there has been thread after thread lately about how rubbish a lot of the other players are, like Jake, CKR, Kerry, Charlie, and McCammon gets it regardless. Its been constant recently and I'm not talking about genuine opinions or preferences, I'm talking about the put downs and sniping. Its just not good to see.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Race said:
Its not just about the crap aimed at Tank, there has been thread after thread lately about how rubbish a lot of the other players are, like Jake, CKR, Kerry, Charlie, and McCammon gets it regardless. Its been constant recently and I'm not talking about genuine opinions or preferences, I'm talking about the put downs and sniping. Its just not good to see.

You never see me slagging off the players because I'm a LOYAL supporter thru rain and shine :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
You never see me slagging off the players because I'm a LOYAL supporter thru rain and shine :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

However when it comes to chairman, chief executive, manager, assistant manager...........

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:

Finally, just to reiterate my original post, I am sure I could with cope with being caned on an internet site if I was a professional footballer, not to mention if I earnt as much as one. I'd imagine that I would just be so chuffed to have the best job in the whole world that I find it very unlikely that I would care much about what an internet message board thought of me.

See, thats what you dream it would be like. Yeah it sounds like the best job in the world and some days it probably is, but the reality of it is that week in week out you are under pressure to keep your place in the team, not get injured, to stay fit, then get 3 points on a Saturday afternoon and keep everyone happy. When you are working hard in training and working your nuts off for 90 mins, but the results are going against you, the last thing you want to hear is that the fans think you are shit and not up to it. The day he stops caring about what the fans think of him is the day he gives up.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:
See, thats what you dream it would be like. Yeah it sounds like the best job in the world and some days it probably is, but the reality of it is that week in week out you are under pressure to keep your place in the team, not get injured, to stay fit, then get 3 points on a Saturday afternoon and keep everyone happy. When you are working hard in training and working your nuts off for 90 mins, but the results are going against you, the last thing you want to hear is that the fans think you are shit and not up to it. The day he stops caring about what the fans think of him is the day he gives up.

Fair enough, but I still think we are entitled to air our opinions on an internet message board that you aren't forced to read.

Feel free to address any of my other points....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Race said:

I think to be fair that a lot of people have sprung to the defence of Jake, CKR, Kerry and Charlie when people have had a go. If you look at the Man U message board at present they are CRUCIFYING the likes of Scholes and Ronaldo, so it is not just here that the whingers have their five minutes of flame. Programmes such as 6-0-6 are a moaners charter, where it's a constant line of Benitez/Fergie/Wenger/Sven out if theie side has failed to win 12-0 each week.

I blame the Daily Mail into turning this country into a nation of harping ninnies.

McCammon has shot himself in the foot after what happened at Burnley last season, and it will take a superhuman effort to win over the skepticism of the fans. It can be done, (as Tank has himself proven) but it will take a lot of guts.

Before Falmer was given the green light, the stadium campaign was a glue that held us together, it is noticeable that since Prezza said yes NSC has deteriorated into a BINFEST.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Race said:

Yes but also factor in that football players are paid quite a lot more than most of us.

I think this is where the criticism comes in but I also accept that there is a gulf in wages compared to what division or club you play in or for.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:

I would still rather have the reality of being a professional footballer than the reality the majority of us have.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:
Fair enough, but I still think we are entitled to air our opinions on an internet message board that you aren't forced to read.

Just ike you are not forced to spend your pocket money to go to games.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Beach Hut said:
Yes but also factor in that football players are paid quite a lot more than most of us.

I think this is where the criticism comes in but I also accept that there is a gulf in wages compared to what division or club you play in or for.

Not sure what you mean? Do you mean the players should have to put up with abuse because of what they are paid?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
the full harris said:
I would still rather have the reality of being a professional footballer than the reality the majority of us have.

The players arn't responsible if you have a miserable existence, call Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.

Funnily enough, if the Brighton defence want to read some positives about their performance and impact it can be found on a Crystal Palace site:

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?threadid=118183

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
the full harris said:

My mate is a STH at Bury, there are seasoned pro's there on £300-400 a week, on 1 year contracts, with no guarantee of a job at the end of the season, and families to support.

That is the reality of being a professional footballer, unless you are one of the chosen few.

John Piercey retired at the age of 25 from the game last year, that is also the reality of the game. Gerry Ryan, an Albion legend, had his career disappear in a single slice by that cockjuggler Henry Hughton, again an example of football reality.

It is not all supermodels (no offence Race) Bentleys and million pound image right deals for having your face on a shit computer game.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:
Not sure what you mean? Do you mean the players should have to put up with abuse because of what they are paid?

I think he was more suggesting a bit of perspective was taken by yourself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Race said:

To a certain extent they have to accept they will get public / internet criticism in that they are in a high profile, well paid job.

No different from other forms of working life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here