Our defence is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:
I think he was more suggesting a bit of perspective was taken by yourself.

Was he? I'll wait for a sensible answer from Beach Hut, thanks anyway.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
El Presidente said:
My mate is a STH at Bury, there are seasoned pro's there on £300-400 a week, on 1 year contracts, with no guarantee of a job at the end of the season, and families to support.

That is the reality of being a professional footballer, unless you are one of the chosen few.

John Piercey retired at the age of 25 from the game last year, that is also the reality of the game. Gerry Ryan, an Albion legend, had his career disappear in a single slice by that cockjuggler Henry Hughton, again an example of football reality.

It is not all supermodels (no offence Race) Bentleys and million pound image right deals for having your face on a shit computer game.

I know, I realise that.

My comment was more directed towards the claim, by Race, that being a football player was not all it was cracked up to be.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Race said:
Just ike you are not forced to spend your pocket money to go to games.

That is where you are wrong.

Maybe as you have played football all your life you've never experienced life as a fan.

Many of us have supported the club through thick and thin and will still support this club long after you are spending your pension. We cannot change the club we support and we cannot stop going to games.

We will continue to support the team and are entitled to our opinions on whoever is representing Brighton and Hove Albion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
Yes but also factor in that football players are paid quite a lot more than most of us.

I think this is where the criticism comes in but I also accept that there is a gulf in wages compared to what division or club you play in or for.

I suspect I am paid more than most of the Albion players, but I would take offence if a footballer started criticising me in relation to my profession, on the grounds that I have proven myself to be competent at what I do for a living, just as they have proven themselves competent by being a contract by McGhee to play for the Albion.

The abuse of CKR elsewhere on NSC is an embarrassment. When Jake turned out not to be a combination of Pele, Rooney and Maradonna he too has gone from being the saviour of the club to a "bottler". Both these lads are still teenagers, compare what you knew as a teenager to what you know now, and think how much improvement you have made in the manufacture of high class wooden huts at very reasonable prices.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
fatboy said:

Maybe as you have played football all your life you've never experienced life as a fan.

Many of us have supported the club through thick and thin and will still support this club long after you are spending your pension. We cannot change the club we support and we cannot stop going to games.

We will continue to support the team and are entitled to our opinions on whoever is representing Brighton and Hove Albion.

well said.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
El Presidente said:
My mate is a STH at Bury, there are seasoned pro's there on £300-400 a week, on 1 year contracts, with no guarantee of a job at the end of the season, and families to support.

That is the reality of being a professional footballer, unless you are one of the chosen few.

John Piercey retired at the age of 25 from the game last year, that is also the reality of the game. Gerry Ryan, an Albion legend, had his career disappear in a single slice by that cockjuggler Henry Hughton, again an example of football reality.

It is not all supermodels (no offence Race) Bentleys and million pound image right deals for having your face on a shit computer game.

I'd be quite happy with Gerry Ryan's life - playing football for a few years and then sitting in his living room (which is also a pub) all day! :drink:

And I know it is a generalisation, but many of those Bury players on £300-400 a week would only otherwise be working in a factory for minimum wage.

fatboy said:

Give us another one of your hilarious McCammon jokes so we can see how much you support the team :wave:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
fatboy said:

I've never ever played football! Sorry!

No he hasnt experienced life as a fan, not in your sense, but he used to go and watch Arsenal as a kid, does that count?!!

:jester:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
El Presidente said:
I suspect I am paid more than most of the Albion players, but I would take offence if a footballer started criticising me in relation to my profession, on the grounds that I have proven myself to be competent at what I do for a living, just as they have proven themselves competent by being a contract by McGhee to play for the Albion.

Yes, but the point is, the players do not contribute to your wages in the same way as we do theirs and the players do not care as passionately about how you do your job in the same way that we do theirs.

Anyway, I thought you worked at the university, my old dear works at Sussex and she doesn't earn particularly much.

fatboy said:

No, YOU'RE wrong. You CAN choose to stop going to games. No one is forcing you to turn up every week. That is very much your decision to make.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
Give us another one of your hilarious McCammon jokes so we can see how much you support the team :wave:

Give us another insight as to who was playing left back last night?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:

The abuse of CKR elsewhere on NSC is an embarrassment. When Jake turned out not to be a combination of Pele, Rooney and Maradonna he too has gone from being the saviour of the club to a "bottler". Both these lads are still teenagers, compare what you knew as a teenager to what you know now, and think how much improvement you have made in the manufacture of high class wooden huts at very reasonable prices.

I could give a really sarcastic comment but I won't (I suspect a shed load of footie players get better wages than you). If you earnt that much money you could justify seeing home games every week.

Make no mistake footballers crave attention and dislike the slagging off - no more than it hurts all of is in our working or personal life.

But you have to take the rough with the smooth.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
No, YOU'RE wrong. You CAN choose to stop going to games. No one is forcing you to turn up every week. That is very much your decision to make.

Yes and my decision is to support Brighton and Hove Albion.

I cannot change my mind and go and support another team just because I don't like the results/performances/players.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

But if we all stopped going, there would be no game.

Are you seriously trying to argue that stopping reading an internet site is in anyway similar to stopping going to watch your team?

fatboy said:
Give us another insight as to who was playing left back last night?

Come on, why so bashful! You're really proud of those jokes, tell us one, he might be reading - come on :)

Yoda

English & European
El Presidente said:

Before Falmer was given the green light, the stadium campaign was a glue that held us together, it is noticeable that since Prezza said yes NSC has deteriorated into a BINFEST.

That says it all there. :clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
fatboy said:
we cannot stop going to games.

Two points:

1. You can stop going to games, if the wife/girlfriend has just given birth, and you only have one income coming in, can you justify going to watch a football game when the kid needs feeding and the mortgage has to be paid?

2. last night the Albion played pretty well......as they did against Palace , yet we are still giving them unnecessary grief. Both those clubs have playing budgets ten times that of the club.

3. It's great that you went to Cardiff last night, but moaning on NSC and having a pop at players is not SUPPORTING the club.

4. That's more than two points

:dunce:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Beach Hut said:
To a certain extent they have to accept they will get public / internet criticism in that they are in a high profile, well paid job.

No different from other forms of working life.

Oh they do accept they will get criticism and loads of it. I dont think that what they earn should be used as a stick to beat them them with though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here