Our defence is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
El Presidente said:
Two points:

1. You can stop going to games, if the wife/girlfriend has just given birth, and you only have one income coming in, can you justify going to watch a football game when the kid needs feeding and the mortgage has to be paid?

2. last night the Albion played pretty well......as they did against Palace , yet we are still giving them unnecessary grief. Both those clubs have playing budgets ten times that of the club.

3. It's great that you went to Cardiff last night, but moaning on NSC and having a pop at players is not SUPPORTING the club.

4. That's more than two points

:dunce:

I haven't actually had a pop at any players, I'm just defending the right to criticise them as and when I feel like it.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:
Oh they do accept they will get criticism and loads of it.

Reading your earlier posts, you could have fooled me.

Race said:
I dont think that what they earn should be used as a stick to beat them them with though.

The point is that we contribute to it.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:
No, it just counts as missing the point.

I didnt miss the point, I was being sarcastic. Keep em coming.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
fatboy said:
I haven't actually had a pop at any players, I'm just defending the right to criticise them as and when I feel like it.

As was I. I didn't join this thread until my reply to Guy's outburst saying that people were entitled to their opinion so his initial rant was not even directed at me.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I'm pulling out of this thread, there are more important issues in football than this and with all due respect to Guy, more important things affecting players lives. He's a lucky guy in many respects. For example, spare a thought for Justin Fashanu. Bet he'd love to have been the subject of a fans forum.

Last edited:

the full harris said:
But if we all stopped going, there would be no game.

Are you seriously trying to argue that stopping reading an internet site is in anyway similar to stopping going to watch your team?

But who said we'd all stop going? I just said that you CAN choose not to go if you don't like the way things are going.

I wasn't arguing your last point, but the simple fact is you do have that choice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Race said:
Oh they do accept they will get criticism and loads of it. I dont think that what they earn should be used as a stick to beat them them with though.

Well I think the media has built them into an umtenable position then as most fans perception is they are very well paid.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Then SUPPORT. It really is that simple. I didn't say change teams, I said you CAN choose not to go to games.

I am supporting.

Where have I not supported?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:
I didnt miss the point, I was being sarcastic. Keep em coming.

I'm pleased this is all so amusing to you.

To be honest, if you read back through this thread, you'll notice that you have been far ruder to me than I have to you. I'm not sure what I have done to deserve it, but I am very offended.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
fatboy said:
I am supporting.

I see London Irish is already trawling through old McCammon threads! :jester:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:
I'm pleased this is all so amusing to you.

To be honest, if you read back through this thread, you'll notice that you have been far ruder to me than I have to you. I'm not sure what I have done to deserve it, but I am very offended.

Oh FFS! How do you manage on NSP!!!

No, actually you are not amusing me at all. I havent been rude to you at all, and if you feel offended then step in my shoes and see how you would feel after reading what I have. If you look back in this thread even you said you were surprised that I was not having a go at everyone, cos if you were in my shoes you would be, remember?

Last edited:

fatboy said:
I am supporting.

Good for you. Have a nice glow of self-satisfied smugness and collect a superfan badge on your way in on Saturday.

I'm not going to bother dredging up past threads or all that shite, the point I was making is simple. Posting unwarranted abuse on here is not doing anyone any good. That's not saying you do it. It doesn't matter who does it. Criticism, where constructive and backed up, is fine. Abuse isn't.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
But who said we'd all stop going? I just said that you CAN choose not to go if you don't like the way things are going.

I wasn't arguing your last point, but the simple fact is you do have that choice.

Not disputing we have the choice to stop going, but football fans still turn up if the team is crap and bottom of the league.

If we do not like things are we not entitled to state our opinion?

Or do we have to keep quiet and/or not go?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:
Oh FFS! How do you manage on NSP!!!

No, actually you are not amusing me at all. I havent been rude to you at all, and if you feel offended then step in my shoes and see how you would feel after reading what I have. If you look back in this thread even you said you were surprised that I was not having a go at everyone, cos if you were in my shoes you would be, remember?

Well, this for a start

Race said:
show some respect?how about YOU show some respect to people who are better than you at something you like to do.i can take criticism from lots of people who have actually played the game but it irritates a bit when it comes from sources like you.just because you regard it as a hobby doesn't mean that i have to crave your affection.it's funny to see your reaction when a little bit of criticism comes your way.not very nice is it? the difference between us is that i wouldn't dream of coming to your workplace and slagging you off because i probably couldn't do it better than you.how do you know how you would react if you were getting caned on an internet site?:jester:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

I'm not going to bother dredging up past threads or all that shite, the point I was making is simple. Posting unwarranted abuse on here is not doing anyone any good. That's not saying you do it. It doesn't matter who does it. Criticism, where constructive and backed up, is fine. Abuse isn't.

Which is exactly what I said about 5 posts ago!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can we just leave this one and start talking about something a bit more important.

Big Jubblies v Spaniel's Ears......where do you lie on this one?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:
Well, this for a start

Right, if you didnt realise it I didnt post that, that was Tank himself, and I think you started that by telling him to pipe down blah blah blah didnt you or have you forgotten?

:rolleyes:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
El Presidente said:
Can we just leave this one and start talking about something a bit more important.

Big Jubblies v Spaniel's Ears......where do you lie on this one?

What about a combination of both?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here