Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
fatboy said:
Not disputing we have the choice to stop going, but football fans still turn up if the team is crap and bottom of the league.

Unless they are Chelsea fans of course......averaging 7,000 when they were not in the top division,

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
El Presidente said:
Unless they are Chelsea fans of course......averaging 7,000 when they were not in the top division,

This is the type of crap on a Chelsea board - do we really want this?

" Crespo!
by Beaso24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we will have any problems upfront this season, i reckon crespo will find his form and b banging them in left, right and centre!!!!!!!!!
any1 agree????"

" Essien is no Gerrard
by poet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should Chelsea have to pay £30m for Essien? I think the limit on this deal should be £25m max! Lyon are trying to rate him as good or better then Steven G but his not even tested yet in the best league in the world... He'd be a very good signing but why pay over the odds when we have Tiago, Maka, Jorosik & Diarra so it isn't a MUST... By the time Maka retires, Diarra will have taken his place!"

" boring
by cfc

this forum is s***, no-one ever talks on here anymore. why not? just talk about anything, make it interesting ffs!! southampton this sat, easy win :.)"

fatboy said:
This is the type of crap on a Chelsea board - do we really want this?

Of course not! We want those really funny McCammon jokes you tell!

Come on - this is your big stage - tell us one, they're really hilarious :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
Of course not! We want those really funny McCammon jokes you tell!

Come on - this is your big stage - tell us one, they're really hilarious :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh go on I'll keep you occupied for another few minutes while you trawl through some old threads and find some.

I'm going to sleep now Steve. :kiss: :albion:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Race said:
Right, if you didnt realise it I didnt post that, that was Tank himself, and I think you started that by telling him to pipe down blah blah blah didnt you or have you forgotten?

:rolleyes:

This was my original post:

the full harris said:
Yes, yes, pipe down Tank.
If you paid £22.50 to come and watch me do my job, I'd fully expect you to criticise any mistakes I make.
No, not 'f*** our rivalry with Palace', it was around long before you played for us and will last long after you have stopped playing for us, show some respect.
You get paid more than most of us to do something that the rest of us regard as a hobby and pay a couple of quid to do ourselves each week. I would give my left testicle to play professional football and I'd be happy to take all the criticism in the world on an internet message board in return. If you don't like it, then don't read NSC. Simple.

Unlike the rest of the muppets on here, I've lost quite a bit of respect for you after that outburst.

The first line is possibly a bit cheeky, but the rest is ok isn't it?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
the full harris said:
This was my original post:

The first line is possibly a bit cheeky, but the rest is ok isn't it?

I think its a rude and patronising to be honest, but if your gonna dish it out then expect to take some back.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Well, I'm going to bed now.

But before I go, here is a Mark McCammon joke for Steve,

How many men does it take for Mark McCammon to score a goal?

Five. A marksman to shoot the opposing goalkeeper and defenders, a team mate to gently roll the ball to Mark 1 foot out from goal, another to trap it for him, a psychiatrist to persuade Mark that he doesn't want to put the ball over the bar and London Irish to hail the resulting strike as the most outstanding piece of target man play since Niall Quinn.

What do you mean it is shit? Sorry, it's the best I could come with at short notice! :(

the full harris said:
What do you mean it is shit? Sorry, it's the best I could come with at short notice! :(

No mentions of "trolleys", "spokes", "supermarkets" or applauding the fans and his hands missing each other.

I feel really badly let down :(

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, this thread has certainly progressed since I last viewed it, and even seemed to constitute a sensible debate for a while.

From my point of view, I'd like to know at what point does criticism become abuse?

Calling players twats is definitely abuse (I haven't even bothered reading the CKR threads because I was offended by their titles). But does making remarks about aspects of their play also amount to abuse?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Just read through all this stuff.

Difficult to know where to start.

Race/Guy clearly don't need anyone to fight their battles for them but they are at a disadvantage because, unlike MOST of the people on here, they cannot hide behind the anonymity of the keyboard.

Some of the comments on this thread have been thoughtful and well presented, but some of them have been ridiculous.

If you dish the shit, then you HAVE to expect it back. Knowing he posts on here, you can't seriously expect Guy or anyone else for that matter, to just sit back and read the comments without responding.

I KNOW the players were ABSOLUTELY GUTTED about losing on Sunday and I also know Guy took it just as badly as anyone. I also know they were really pleased with the point on Tuesday, particularly in view of the shuffling around they had to do after 20 minutes.

As the stuff on the 'we met CKR' thread demonstrates, the players are acutely aware of the support they receive and really do appreciate it.

What they can do without, is gratuitous comments saying the players are shit, crap or not trying etc. We are all entitled to pass comment (we pay our money etc. etc.) but sometimes it just goes too far.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This brings up the quesiotn of whether us, as 'good' fans, should have unwavering support of all teh playes at ALL times. I can't believe anybody thinks that is true.

And no, I'm not mentioning anybody in particular.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
All I ask for is 100% when the stripes are on and an appreciation of the fans at the end.

If the player is going through the motions then that is a different question.

In my recollection I can think of very few players (not Loanees) who I would criticise for this.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
This brings up the quesiotn of whether us, as 'good' fans, should have unwavering support of all teh playes at ALL times. I can't believe anybody thinks that is true.

And no, I'm not mentioning anybody in particular.

Certainly during the match our support must be unwavering, as hurling abuse can only be counter-productive.

Criticism after the game is another thing entirely. If you think that something didn't work, or a player wasn't giving his all, then you should be free to say so.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Curious Orange said:
Certainly during the match our support must be unwavering, as hurling abuse can only be counter-productive.

Criticism after the game is another thing entirely. If you think that something didn't work, or a player wasn't giving his all, then you should be free to say so.

In an ideal world I agree that you should not criticise the team during the 90 minutes. But you are lying if the odd 'Oh for f*** sake <insert players name here> has not slipped out when things are not going our way.

Forums like this are where spleens should be vented, it is just their is now a section of support that think any critcism of the team on here is bad.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Race said:
he used to go and watch Arsenal as a kid, does that count?!!

:jester:

I take it all back. Guy really is an Arse:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: You should hang your head in shame Tank. Supporting Arsenal indeed:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But you are lying if the odd 'Oh for f*** sake <insert players name here> has not slipped out when things are not going our way.

And I'm not going to be a liar, but certainly a muttered curse under the breath when a player has mucked up isn't the same as shouting out some abuse at them as loud as you, can even if they haven't done anything wrong.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Beach Hut said:
DTG knows full well my volley of abuse at Trolley against Burnley last year

my effing ears are still ringing now!!!!

PARDON?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here