Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our defence is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Makes me laugh, so the Full (or is it Fool) Harris doesn't respect Tank, do you think he gives a shit ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Auditor said:
:clap:

The non attending keyboard kings should get down to Withdean on saturday and get behind the team

Can't do it, the Ginger Prince has just had a new Willy Warmer knitted and I am driving the LOW LOADER to drop it off at his house:jester:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beach Hut said:
I'll back Race - organised a nice signed photo for Junior during his worst weeks with a broken leg.

Takes pride of place on bedroom wall.

I am sure they are all very nice people.

But that doesn't mean that they are immune from the criticism that may stem from the opinions that people have.

Perhaps all football should be played behind closed doors so that they can get on with their jobs without getting any stick.

But then who would pay their wages?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The sponsors and advertisers?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
The sponsors and advertisers?

Who is going to pay to sponsor a team or advertise at a ground of no one is there to see it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
fatboy said:

But that doesn't mean that they are immune from the criticism that may stem from the opinions that people have.

Perhaps all football should be played behind closed doors so that they can get on with their jobs without getting any stick.

Again there is a world of difference between criticism and calling someone a 'twat'

The Tank has admitted he was outfoxed by Freedman (who is a very good player) for Palace's second goal, but apart from that he won everything on Sunday. If 99% of what you do is good and you get called 'Rubbish' (which is the title of this thread) then is must be very demotivating.

fatboy said:

I tell you one group who don't - all the away superfans who seem really proud they don't go to Withdean games :)

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
El Presidente said:
Can't do it, the Ginger Prince has just had a new Willy Warmer knitted and I am driving the LOW LOADER to drop it off at his house:jester:

:lolol:

El Pres...I know not everyone can get down The Withdean ..but too many on here critisize without going regularly to the games...not everyone is at the top of their game every day and outright abuse will not help the situation

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
I tell you one group who don't - all the away superfans who seem really proud they don't go to Withdean games :)

How about those who go to both, and remember who played at left back in the second half?!:jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fatboy said:

We are as stated all allowed to say what we feel - I could happily criticise any of my U14 squad as week in week out they play good and bad but I don't because I accept their limitations. Why ? Very simple as I have never told a player he is not good enough and if they are in the squad they play - I accept I have "eased" out the odd played since U8s but this has always been due to a prat of parent and their attitude.

But football is not their trade, where we contribute to pay them we have a right to say what we want. DTG knows full well my volley of abuse at Trolley against Burnley last year and others will know I lost the plot at CPFC a few years back at the whole squad and absolutely flipped my lid.

I say what I feel as I am merely passionate about caring and wanting the best for the club I support - I reckon the majority of fans feel the same.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
El Presidente said:
Again there is a world of difference between criticism and calling someone a 'twat'

The Tank has admitted he was outfoxed by Freedman (who is a very good player) for Palace's second goal, but apart from that he won everything on Sunday. If 99% of what you do is good and you get called 'Rubbish' (which is the title of this thread) then is must be very demotivating.

I agree.

I cannot be bothered to read the thread again but glancing at the first posts, in my opinion it is acceptable for people to say "the defence is shit" if they can back it up with a constructive opinion, but I wouldn't agree with someone saying "Guy Butters is a twat". (I don't know if that has been said or not)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
Who is going to pay to sponsor a team or advertise at a ground of no one is there to see it?

So you know of games where there has been no fans at all (apart from a lock out)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
So you know of games where there has been no fans at all (apart from a lock out)

I do - most ASC Strikers U14s fixtures :lolol: :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:

Read what I said!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
fatboy said:
I agree.

I cannot be bothered to read the thread again but glancing at the first posts, in my opinion it is acceptable for people to say "the defence is shit" if they can back it up with a constructive opinion, but I wouldn't agree with someone saying "Guy Butters is a twat". (I don't know if that has been said or not)

Agreed. To be fair no one has called Guy that, but some have claimed that he was at fault for the first goal.

And as for the defence, it cost on Sunday the princely sum of £1,000 plus a set of tracksuits, and was up against Morrison, who cost £2 million, and Freedman, who is an international. We had two young strikers trying to get around Hall and Ward (combined cost £2.6million). There are no constructive arguments, just "the defence is shit" Full Stop, no attempt to put things into perspective.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
El Presidente said:
Agreed. To be fair no one has called Guy that, but some have claimed that he was at fault for the first goal.

AND the third goal :rolleyes:

:)

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
El Presidente said:

And as for the defence, it cost on Sunday the princely sum of £1,000 plus a set of tracksuits, and was up against Morrison, who cost £2 million, and Freedman, who is an international. We had two young strikers trying to get around Hall and Ward (combined cost £2.6million). There are no constructive arguments, just "the defence is shit" Full Stop, no attempt to put things into perspective.

Constructive arguments and perspective are not really synonymous with 'fans' forums, but I like the aspiration.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here