Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The most solid midfield line-up we can field is:

Hammond Oatway Carpenter Carole

I think we should be looking to play along these lines against the stronger teams in the division.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I'd like to see El-Abd Butters McShane Dodd in the defence and push Reid intt central midfield.
I think the fact we've had Carole, Frutos and Jarrett on the wings mean our full backs get very exposed, although I do think Reid and Hart have done fairly well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Curious Orange said:

I think we should be looking to play along these lines against the stronger teams in the division.

And drop Frutos? Are you mental?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
whats this about not playing Fructos?

are you all insane?

He was the best player on the pitch for 70 minutes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to keep Carole and Frutos in the team as without them I think we'd lack creativity big time. I think you could got for McShane , Butters , Dodd as centre backs. This would also allow another body in midfield as well. Got to be worth a go

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
our defence lacks pace, strength and also ability but the return of hinsh and dodd and hopefully a loan signing should go a long way to improving what is for me the weakest area of our squad

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
sirmax2004 said:
our defence lacks pace, strength and also ability but the return of hinsh and dodd and hopefully a loan signing should go a long way to improving what is for me the weakest area of our squad

Hinsh wont be returning any time soon, hes still struggling with his knee.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
And drop Frutos? Are you mental?

No; I said when we are playing the stronger teams. There are games when playing two wingers will work to our benefit, but not when we're playing the strongest teams in the division.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sorry,haven't read all the posts,but we have a lumbering and disjointed defence,not helped by being constantly under pressure because our front players cannot hold the ball up,and worsened by three goals a game goal"keeper".

Still 16th,though.

Oops.Schoolrun time.......bye.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Centre of midfield being poor and getting over run might also have something to do with the defence looking shaky.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Curious Orange said:

Sounds all right on paper but Charlie and Chippy together in the middle wouldn't work because they are both a tad slow.
Hammond is better in the middle and surely Frutos is better wide on the left than Carole.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Race said:

My mate was in the away fans end when Hinch went over and he is a physio by trade so knows what he is talking about.

He texted me immediatly saying that is the last we see of Hinch. I sincerely hope that is wrong!

I think it is very very sad that in two years we lost Kuipers, Hinch and Rodger to bad injuries.

i remember when we lost Mark Gall throuigh injury!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dave the gaffer said:
My mate was in the away fans end when Hinch went over and he is a physio by trade so knows what he is talking about.

He texted me immediatly saying that is the last we see of Hinch. I sincerely hope that is wrong!

I think it is very very sad that in two years we lost Kuipers, Hinch and Rodger to bad injuries.

i remember when we lost Mark Gall throuigh injury!

He's just had a minor op last week to clear his knee out, so hopefully thats done the trick.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Race said:
He's just had a minor op last week to clear his knee out, so hopefully thats done the trick.

I really do hope so!

BTW racy, did the players take yesterday as bad as we did and I assume the players didnt hear MM's comments about OGH?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Stop scare mongering Dave you LOWSE.

shut it you ginger person

Curious Orange said:

Yep, our back 4 will only be as good as the combative midfield we put in front of them.

The "playing players in their correct position" bollocks is hilarious - as if Mayo and Dodd wouldn't get crucified on here if we conceded goals :rolleyes:

Race said:

That's a shocker :(

The only silver lining is El Abd looked the part yesterday and could fill his boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here