Status
Not open for further replies.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dave the gaffer said:
I really do hope so!

BTW racy, did the players take yesterday as bad as we did and I assume the players didnt hear MM's comments about OGH?

I can only speak for Tank, and the answer would be probably worse than you lot. He knows he was at fault for the 2nd goal, although a few ppl on here have blamed him for all of them! I dont think some of the stick hes had on here is justified.

The fact that Jake was made the whipping boy on that other thread just goes to show wot a fickle lot some posters are. Wasnt it a few months ago that he was the next best thing and MM should be playing him? If the result had been 2-2 then there wouldnt have been half the crap posted on here.

I heard the interview MM gave afterwards and I dont think he meant for it to sound as it came across, and I think the players take that sort of thing with a pinch of salt, I'm sure they've heard a lot worse said after a loss!

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
And drop Frutos? Are you mental?

Yep - it might be better to win 1-0 than lose 3-2. However, I'd try and find a place for Alex.

Race said:
I can only speak for Tank, and the answer would be probably worse than you lot. He knows he was at fault for the 2nd goal, although a few ppl on here have blamed him for all of them! I dont think some of the stick hes had on here is justified.

The fact that Jake was made the whipping boy on that other thread just goes to show wot a fickle lot some posters are. Wasnt it a few months ago that he was the next best thing and MM should be playing him? If the result had been 2-2 then there wouldnt have been half the crap posted on here.

I heard the interview MM gave afterwards and I dont think he meant for it to sound as it came across, and I think the players take that sort of thing with a pinch of salt, I'm sure they've heard a lot worse said after a loss!

If only my woman talked such footballing sense.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Race said:

In a peverse way that is good to hear. I tend to agree that Tank was turned for the second...not sure who was supposed to be marking Freeman for the first? the third, I still think Blaney was slow to get down, but heigh ho.

I know what you mean about Jakey and i hope you saw my post about him and Harding.

I think MM got it wrong, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt about what he said...yesterday i was all for stringing him up!

Tank is a much better player with McShane next to him, although Adam did well. I think Mcshane gives confidence in that if Tank is beaten, Mcshane can read the game better and will mop up.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dave the gaffer said:
In a peverse way that is good to hear. I tend to agree that Tank was turned for the second...not sure who was supposed to be marking Freeman for the first? the third, I still think Blaney was slow to get down, but heigh ho.

I know what you mean about Jakey and i hope you saw my post about him and Harding.

I think MM got it wrong, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt about what he said...yesterday i was all for stringing him up!

Tank is a much better player with McShane next to him, although Adam did well. I think Mcshane gives confidence in that if Tank is beaten, Mcshane can read the game better and will mop up.

I did see your post DTG :)

Tank was really pissed off, so much so he left most of his dinner when he got in!! :ohmy:

I've told him not to read NSC after a game anymore cos it winds him up too much, constructive he can take he knows when hes done wrong, but when its unjust he wants to bite and he shouldnt.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mrs Tank, please can you tell Guy that he wasn't at fault for the second, Blayney should have had it. Also can you ask him to tell Blayney to f*** RIGHT OFF coz he's SHITHOUSE.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Mrs Tank, please can you tell Guy that he wasn't at fault for the second, Blayney should have had it.

I'm sure that will make his day :)

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
As someone who did criticise Butters for yesterday's defeat, for what is worth, I am well impressed that Race hasn't had a right go at all us armchair managers. I'd be really wound up in her shoes.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Mrs Tank, please can you tell Guy that he wasn't at fault for the second, Blayney should have had it.

You what?! It was a quality finish, keeper had no chance whatsoever.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Race said:

I've told him not to read NSC after a game anymore cos it winds him up too much, constructive he can take he knows when hes done wrong, but when its unjust he wants to bite and he shouldnt.

Does he take it seriously then? The fickleness of most football fans is legendary. One day a player is a hero, the next he's a villain.

Anyway, if Tank looks like he's getting too angry direct him to a kev the ape, 1066Seagull or Perseus post. That should make him chuckle.:)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
cheers for that you knobs.

f*** your rivalry with palace,some of these comments make me weep. we've just worked our c unts off at cardiff to get some sort of result. we're skint,we've got loads of injuries and everyone is still trying to work their bollocks off for each other and all we get in return is abuse.poke it up your arse.if anyone else nearly dies or is poorly don't EVER ask my missus to get a card signed.

fans ratings:

gunter-2. probably stayed at home and watched football on telly cos his carer won't let him drive on too many long journeys
dougal-4. was crap tonight and was crap on the magic roundabout
sir max 2004-3.forgot to take his specs with him on sunday
mona-1.never a more apt name for a supporter
stoaty ferret-5.showed improvement with his slagging but needs to find some wit
curious orange-4.probably a bin man by trade as his understanding of the game is rubbish
right footed denilson-2. what a length.probably weren't there tonight but still managed to have a wank over harty's phone in
perseus-1.shame he didn't sink to the bottom of the sea as was intended
butterball-5.would have given him an 8 but like the majority of pricks that post on here i doubt he was at tonights game
incredigull-3.one of them nuggets who would accept relegation as long as we beat palace...typical quote 'my brain hurts'
twickers-2.broke with tradition and actually tried to sing a song but was restrained by a few supporters because they were trying to explain to their mates(?) that the system we were playing (chosen by a manager who has played at the highest level and under fergie) was wrong

shame and a pox on you so-called fans

:shit: :shit: :mad: :mad:

^^^^^^^^
Possibly the best thing I've read on here for weeks. I wont quote it in case it gets edited later, but that has just made my nightshift a shitload better.

Proof, if ever anyone needed it, that it does matter to the players as much as it does to us. No doubt those that love to force their ramblings on everyone else will feign outrage or dismiss it entirely...

Last edited:

Oh and for the record, I wasn't at the game tonight, I haven't seen any highlights of the game nor could I listen to it on the radio as I'm at work, hence I have not offered an opinion tonight on the ins and outs of the game.

It's amazing the amount of people that do though. Some of whom I'm convinced decide upon their opinions based solely on seeing the score in the mornings papers.

If it's any consolation I just had to argue it out with some thick American to get paid for the number of hours I put in. He cancels work sometimes at the last minute because he hasn't prepared and/or bought the materials (which are usually wrong as well), has no clue what it takes to get the job done right, and somehow he's been put in charge!
It was all I could do to work a poultry 19 hours last week because of him, and then he tried to say I didn't put in that many!

Nice thanks for making a professional job out of the screw-up he made of his piss-poor attempts at it.

I f***ing quit. :censored:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Well said Guy, at the end of the day its a team game, and personally i dont think any individual should be blamed for any result, and the one thing that does frustrate me on NSC is, some people seem to have very short memorys on here, i dont disagree that any player is only as good as his last match, but in brightons case, we do have little or no money, everything is done on a shoestring, and even one injury to us is mega critical, as we quite obviously dont have the player bank to back any injury up, in my opinion, the structure we have at the club at the moment is about the best we can expect, given the circumstances, and as a fan who lives along way from brighton now, and can only get to away matches, ive got to say, every time i watch brighton play live, just about every player tries his best, ok, some might have off days, but dont we all have those at work sometimes ? NOW IS THE TIME TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND GIVE TOTAL SUPPORT, NOT AFTER THE EVENT, CRITISISM !!

(ok armchair critics, have a go back, i aint gonna respond anyway !!! :lolol: )

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Race said:
cheers for that you knobs.

f*** your rivalry with palace,some of these comments make me weep. we've just worked our c unts off at cardiff to get some sort of result. we're skint,we've got loads of injuries and everyone is still trying to work their bollocks off for each other and all we get in return is abuse.poke it up your arse.if anyone else nearly dies or is poorly don't EVER ask my missus to get a card signed.

fans ratings:

gunter-2. probably stayed at home and watched football on telly cos his carer won't let him drive on too many long journeys
dougal-4. was crap tonight and was crap on the magic roundabout
sir max 2004-3.forgot to take his specs with him on sunday
mona-1.never a more apt name for a supporter
stoaty ferret-5.showed improvement with his slagging but needs to find some wit
curious orange-4.probably a bin man by trade as his understanding of the game is rubbish
right footed denilson-2. what a length.probably weren't there tonight but still managed to have a wank over harty's phone in
perseus-1.shame he didn't sink to the bottom of the sea as was intended
butterball-5.would have given him an 8 but like the majority of pricks that post on here i doubt he was at tonights game
incredigull-3.one of them nuggets who would accept relegation as long as we beat palace...typical quote 'my brain hurts'
twickers-2.broke with tradition and actually tried to sing a song but was restrained by a few supporters because they were trying to explain to their mates(?) that the system we were playing (chosen by a manager who has played at the highest level and under fergie) was wrong

shame and a pox on you so-called fans

:shit: :shit: :mad: :mad:

What gets me is that Tank gets turned and they score a very good doal but for the rest of the game he was his usual rock solid self. We know he's not Rio Ferdinand, he doesn't take drugs for a start !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Race said:
I

Don't think he was listening Race, :ohmy: but :clap: for a great point that didn't look likely after losing two defenders and a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here