Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
ditchy said:
Didnt Hammond go through a rough time with supporters etc .. HE buckled down as have other players .. Time for Hendo to do the same and win some respect . No place is quarenteed .. Tank is the prime example of model pro .. How much shit did he take in his first part of career here , the Ebay thing etc .. he could easily have left but stuck with it and look at him now !

Yeah and credit to Guy for that it must have been very hard for him BUT he was and is an experienced pro and didnt have an international career to look after.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
ditchy said:
Didnt Hammond go through a rough time with supporters etc .. HE buckled down as have other players .. Time for Hendo to do the same and win some respect . No place is quarenteed .. Tank is the prime example of model pro .. How much shit did he take in his first part of career here , the Ebay thing etc .. he could easily have left but stuck with it and look at him now !

Hammond? There might have been people 'talking', but there weren't groups of fans slating him AT matches. I think the majority of our players have had times when they are unpopular with fans, but not to this extent!

Butters...could 'easily have left'? Were there likely to be many clubs interested in an old, out of form centre back who'd just signed a (2 year?) contract?

Henderson has potential, and it is going to be fufilled here with this sorry state of affairs! His career is ahead of him. If he stays here, he'll damage his (good) chances of making it at a higher level.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
Actually, two clubs apparently came in for Kerry Mayo during the close season, but that's another story.

There is a third option Henderson could take - knuckle down and improve his game (Lord knows he needs to). If it's the majority not happy with him, are you saying that the majority of the Brighton fans are wrong? Be a strong person to make that claim.

Who said the majority of Brighton fans were wrong? It has been a minority of fans who have abused him. A vocal minority mind you.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yorkie said:
Who said the majority of Brighton fans were wrong? It has been a minority of fans who have abused him. A vocal minority mind you.

I think i said that.
My feeling is that the majority of Brighton fans didn't want Henderson in goal.

It's been a minority who have abused him however, just not at Bournemouth.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
chez said:
But he could be. Being put BEHIND Michel Kuipers in the pecking order at club level aint gonna do much for your international career whoever you are. He's got every right to be pissed off and put in a request IMO.

With the greatest of respect to you Chez.....no player should be played, just because he has ambitions to be an international goalkeeper. He has to earn that right.....and in the opinion of Dean wilkins....he has not. May I also point out, that according to you, in many of your threads, you don,t even go to the Withdean anymore.....so I,m not sure how you can be qualified to assess his performances recently.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yorkie said:

Withdean Wanderer said:
I accept, i've heard Mayo take grief. However, i've not heard him take it from the MAJORITY, but i've not heard him take it in RIDICULOUS situtations that are not his fault!

I am infering from this that he meant the majority were giving Henderson grief.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:
I am infering from this that he meant the majority were giving Henderson grief.

At Bournemouth, and following the Millwall goal the other week, i think they were.

aside from this though, it's been a 'minority' giving him gried i feel.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
cjd said:
With the greatest of respect to you Chez.....no player should be played, just because he has ambitions to be an international goalkeeper. He has to earn that right.....and in the opinion of Dean wilkins....he has not. May I also point out, that according to you, in many of your threads, you don,t even go to the Withdean anymore.....so I,m not sure how you can be qualified to assess his performances recently.
Or criticise those who do go.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
cjd said:

I havent been to Withdean since Carlisle that is true but even that game Hendo got slated for saving a penalty - how f***ing wrong is that? I agree that nobody has the right to play, and if Wilkins wants to drop him for a couple of games for whatever reason then fair enough - the keeper dropped should in my mind try and get his place back by performing in training, but when you know full well that youre gonna get slated by your own fans as soon as you get your place back why bother?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Withdean Wanderer said:
At Bournemouth, and following the Millwall goal the other week, i think they were.

aside from this though, it's been a 'minority' giving him gried i feel.

But in the JPT against Millwall in the shoot out the fans were singing for Hendo.So there ya go

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Withdean Wanderer said:
Because maybe his place in a crap League 1 side with the majority of 'supporters' against him is not a particularly attractive one?
So whilst at Villa he spent time at Notts County and Walsall so just as glamourous

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yorkie said:
Toys out of the pram, not professional (algie)

Where was the criticism for Kuipers doing exactly the same thing a year ago?

I don't think the Irish squad will have been announced yet so by going out on loan he gives himself a chance of being selected rather than a reserve keeper in a league 1 club playing at Hassocks.

Kuipers did and apologised after a lenghty spat .Time will tell if he does it again . Staunton has just announced he is giving others chance vs SM. Im not for or against both keepers, and will back whoever is in the team at the time , but i do believe you should buckle down and not whinge .. if its for personal reasons so be it ,but unfortunately his track record re requests dosent warrant that .

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Silent Bob said:
If he plays well people won't be on his back.

He didn't play well that game though. He didn't have a lot to do.

He was cheered because we were RELYING on him to save penalties...and he did save one, and he was congratualted for it! Maybe encouragement helps him to play well?!?

Sadly though, that's the only encouragement i've seen him have since about February.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Point is, we have highlighted that fact that it's Naylor blaming the fans and assuming that this is Henderson's reason for it. However, there is no direct quote from Henderson nor any of his spokepeople on this matter. I'd like to hear from him to see whether he actually blames us.

Last time, the transfer request story broke on Sky Sports News before Wilkins got to hear about it. I just hope Dean is aware of things this time around...

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Da Man Clay said:
Yep but again with all due respect they weren't playing for their country. As Henderson probably will be in the next game as Given is out.

EDIT:And id say if he was Brighton's no 1 he would have been very likely he played.
The irish squad has been announced !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here