Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
Yes, but he is blind to it. Even you rate Kuipers as a decent keeper - at least I think you do. He doesn't.

I like Kuipers as well. In fact I sponsor him with THPP, Locky, Gong and Ned.
I still think Hendo is a better keeper and has been treated badly by the fans since last summer.

Apr 4, 2004
New York City
cant really blame him can you? number 2/3 goaly in ireland, should really walk into a league one team.. plus he knows that the fans hate him.. put yourselves in his shoes? what would you do?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Large One said:
He gets pilloried during the game quite a lot round my way, unfortunately.

Right, but not to the level Henderson got I imagine. Nor was it a large section of supports booing after an unfortunate mistake in dreadful condifitons.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
chez said:
No argument then, didnt think you could have. I'm right and you lot have forced out one the most promising talents we have had for a hell of a long time. Well done.
Why should I argue with someone who is blind to reason?

I disagree with others on here, and I will state my case where I can. But I will not go about making statements like I cannot back up, like accusing me of forcing out Henderson. I have never booed him, screamed abuse at him nor overly cheered for Kuipers.

I prefer Kuipers as a goalkeeper, I believe him to be the superior goalkeeper (by quite a distance actually), and even if you disagree with that, at least have the dignity to make plain your disagreement, rather than tell lies about me.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Also may I just say its a little convinent this comes out on the last day of the transfer window. Something to take our mind away from our failings to sign a player again?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Da Man Clay said:
Also may I just say its a little convinent this comes out on the last day of the transfer window. Something to take our mind away from our failings to sign a player again?
Yeah, from Andy Naylor, Albion PR man. :lolol:

It probably came out today because Henderson made his request yesterday (ie Tuesday).

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Has the Charlton Reseve keeper got the nod over him for the next freindly vs SanMarino .. That may be influencing his actions .. Still smacks of "toys out of the pram " attitude .. Why dosent he buckle down and fight for his place or is he hoping DW will panic and reinstate him .

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
ditchy said:
Has the Charlton Reseve keeper got the nod over him for the next freindly vs SanMarino .. That may be influencing his actions .. Still smacks of "toys out of the pram " attitude .. Why dosent he buckle down and fight for his place or is he hoping DW will panic and reinstate him .

Because maybe his place in a crap League 1 side with the majority of 'supporters' against him is not a particularly attractive one?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ditchy said:

Toys out of the pram, not professional (algie)

Where was the criticism for Kuipers doing exactly the same thing a year ago?

I don't think the Irish squad will have been announced yet so by going out on loan he gives himself a chance of being selected rather than a reserve keeper in a league 1 club playing at Hassocks.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Da Man Clay said:
How many of those were playing international football out of curiosity? All international players need to be playing first team football. Id be doing the exact same as him.

If Henderson was ireland,s undisputed No 1, with a genuine international reputation, and he had a clash of personality etc. with the manager, I might agree with you.........but honestly, come on.....he isn,t is he...?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Large One said:
Why should I argue with someone who is blind to reason?

I disagree with others on here, and I will state my case where I can. But I will not go about making statements like I cannot back up, like accusing me of forcing out Henderson. I have never booed him, screamed abuse at him nor overly cheered for Kuipers.

I prefer Kuipers as a goalkeeper, I believe him to be the superior goalkeeper (by quite a distance actually), and even if you disagree with that, at least have the dignity to make plain your disagreement, rather than tell lies about me.

Fair enough, I have tried not to blame anyone directly for forcing him out as I dont know who has joined in. So sorry for that. I'm just flabaghasted that people can even think of putting Kuipers in goal when Henderson is available, to me it just doesnt make sense. Anyway I think, that after many debates over the past few months it is clear that nobody is going to change their stance. Thats fair enough, we all have our opinions, what rubs me up the wrong way is the abuse of Henderson. Its not needed and does nothing but harm to the club.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Withdean Wanderer said:
I'm not saying his international career isn't anything to do with it. But he's been treated appallingly.

Why would he stay? He's not in the team, and should he return to the team the fans would be on his back? Even if he was playing, he won't be at his best in those circumstances. He's better off elsewhere.
Didnt Hammond go through a rough time with supporters etc .. HE buckled down as have other players .. Time for Hendo to do the same and win some respect . No place is quarenteed .. Tank is the prime example of model pro .. How much shit did he take in his first part of career here , the Ebay thing etc .. he could easily have left but stuck with it and look at him now !

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yorkie said:
Toys out of the pram, not professional (algie)

Where was the criticism for Kuipers doing exactly the same thing a year ago?

I don't think the Irish squad will have been announced yet so by going out on loan he gives himself a chance of being selected rather than a reserve keeper in a league 1 club playing at Hassocks.
The squad has already been named.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
cjd said:
If Henderson was ireland,s undisputed No 1, with a genuine international reputation, and he had a clash of personality etc. with the manager, I might agree with you.........but honestly, come on.....he isn,t is he...?

Nope, but he isn't likely to even get a look in as Ireland No 2 playing against the likes of Hassocks is he?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
cjd said:

But he could be. Being put BEHIND Michel Kuipers in the pecking order at club level aint gonna do much for your international career whoever you are. He's got every right to be pissed off and put in a request IMO.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:
The squad has already been named.

Maybe it has but I bet Sullivan will play.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Large One said:
BY WHOM?

Anyhoo, he's picked a silly time to hand in a transfer request. He may go on loan somewhere, but he's left it late for a permanent move.

Exactly hardly thinking is he .. more of a statement i think

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
an't imagine that Mayo would be wanted at many other clubs either, or that he has an international place on the line.

If it was you, would you stick around at Brighton being abused, or move on, with a chance to play for your COUNTRY?:shootself
Actually, two clubs apparently came in for Kerry Mayo during the close season, but that's another story.

There is a third option Henderson could take - knuckle down and improve his game (Lord knows he needs to). If it's the majority not happy with him, are you saying that the majority of the Brighton fans are wrong? Be a strong person to make that claim.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ditchy said:
Didnt Hammond go through a rough time with supporters etc .. HE buckled down as have other players .. Time for Hendo to do the same and win some respect . No place is quarenteed .. Tank is the prime example of model pro .. How much shit did he take in his first part of career here , the Ebay thing etc .. he could easily have left but stuck with it and look at him now !

Yep but again with all due respect they weren't playing for their country. As Henderson probably will be in the next game as Given is out.

EDIT:And id say if he was Brighton's no 1 he would have been very likely he played.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here