Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
chez said:
Yeah and credit to Guy for that it must have been very hard for him BUT he was and is an experienced pro and didnt have an international career to look after.
Hammond ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
chez said:
This is very depressing, cant we go back to talking about the Royal Rumble or the new Uncle Sams thats opening??

Or the fact that we've got only 23 hours left to sign a player?:)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Da Man Clay said:
And? That doesn't mean he will play.

Exactly as i mentioned earlier it is expexted the Charlton Reserve will play !

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bye bye Henderson:wave:

Could have picked the ball up straight away against Bournemouth, but no you had to kick it a few times first....THAT'S why Kuipers is in goal. And he's doing a damn sight better job than you could:shootself

CKR all over again.

Stumpy Tim

The fact that fans are so split over who is the better keeper suggests Wayne is a little over-hyped. However, I 100% understand his reasons. He believes he has an International career to protect, and he needs to be playing.

I hope someone comes in for him, we get a good number with a decent sell-on... and we can move on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately for him but he will never be seen by the fans in the same light as Kuipers, why I do not know because I think that he is a far better keeper than FDM.

Despite what The Large One says there has been a lot of abuse thrown at him by 'fans' both away and at Withdean even before the Bournemouth mistake so perhaps he has decided 'I shall never win here, time I moved on' and who can honestly blame him.

Hopefully somebody will come in for him today and we will get a reasonable fee for him and then sign Blaney who has been released by Doncaster.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Irrespective of the boo boys, if a player doesn't want to give his all for the club then he should be got rid of as soon as possible.

If he had any respect he would fight hard for his place and regain the respect of the fans at the same time.

Not everybody is going to love him!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:
The fact that fans are so split over who is the better keeper suggests Wayne is a little over-hyped. However, I 100% understand his reasons. He believes he has an International career to protect, and he needs to be playing.

I hope someone comes in for him, we get a good number with a decent sell-on... and we can move on.

Wayne isn't over hyped but people do have a rose tinted view of Kuipers from his glory days. Since his dreadful injuries and car crash his reactions are not as good as they used to be. He now resorts to leaping in the air and tipping over the bar shots which he used to catch cleanly.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
If Hendo goes and Sicknote gets injured AGAIN we will be sorry and it will come home to roost among those so called fans at Bournemouth who booed him off. Th eonly time i,ve been ashamed to have followed the Albion away.

The day that made me question why i follow this club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Withdean Wanderer said:
You must be deaf.:)

And surely you must appreciate why a player doesn't take critisicm like that from his own fans, when it was for something that he couldn't have done anything about?!?! It's unfair treatment that results FROM the worship of Kuipers.
Dont worry I think its a common thing amoung Brighton fans, only a few people where booing Mcghee and calling for his head atr Bristol, Maybe the older fan base and failing hearing has something to do with it?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Can't be bothered to read all the posts but feel Hendo is being a little childish and un-proffessional(sp). players, especially young ones (international or not) need to understand that form cna change and there will be times you will be in and out of the side. He'd do himself more justice by working hard and being a bit patient and learning to improve his week points to ensure that he doesn't give the manager a reason to drop him. He IS a very good keeper but HAS made mistakes and we can't afford to leak goals. Hendo should try watching how Kuipers controls the defence as this is the area that is a big weekness imho and is why silly goal are given away

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Looks like the cretins who see Kuipers as the player he was 5 years ago have won. We'd better check out the form of the ball boys for when Kuipers next gets injured. In short, we don't deserve Henderson.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stumpy Tim said:

Alas he is, people are just trying to hold on to the glory days.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seagullible said:
Can't be bothered to read all the posts but feel Hendo is being a little childish and un-proffessional(sp). players, especially young ones (international or not) need to understand that form cna change and there will be times you will be in and out of the side. He'd do himself more justice by working hard and being a bit patient and learning to improve his week points to ensure that he doesn't give the manager a reason to drop him. He IS a very good keeper but HAS made mistakes and we can't afford to leak goals. Hendo should try watching how Kuipers controls the defence as this is the area that is a big weekness imho and is why silly goal are given away

You didn't see the two goals that Kuipers conceded at Bristol then?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Henderson wants a transfer

BensGrandad said:
Little wonder with the stick he gets from the morons who boo him and are supposed to be supporters.

Exactly. I'm not at all surprised. The way he's been treated is disgusting. I see he's been named in the Ireland squad again. Good luck to him for the future.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
If Henderson is reading this please f*** off as soon as possible, this club needs players who wants to play for the club and has always been the case. He is an irish clown who would be better off rotting in a Championship team on the bench. As for the International thing, they are a crap team with only a handful of people that actually play in goal for a proffesional club.

Ship this clown out now. :censored:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Point is, we have highlighted that fact that it's Naylor blaming the fans and assuming that this is Henderson's reason for it. However, there is no direct quote from Henderson nor any of his spokepeople on this matter. I'd like to hear from him to see whether he actually blames us.

Last time, the transfer request story broke on Sky Sports News before Wilkins got to hear about it. I just hope Dean is aware of things this time around...

I thought there was a bit about it a few weeks later?

Didnt he talk to some nobber at the Argus? Andy Naylor I think is his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here